Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-01-2009, 08:48 PM   #1756
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What a surprise I got when I showed up at the local ChungHsing University. They were having a cheer leading competition between all the different university depts.

Came across this wedding shoot on the campus as well.

Ended the shoot down at the Taichung Station nearby where I was meeting my son.

11-02-2009, 07:45 PM   #1757
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I went for walk to test out my new to me Vivitar 24f/2.8 lens this afternoon / evening and found me a beauty to test it on. I saw her, told her I loved what she did with her hair and told her to give me a smile with that pretty face and whala...

By the way. Which do you folks prefer. The color or black and white?

11-02-2009, 08:13 PM   #1758
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
I went for walk to test out my new to me Vivitar 24f/2.8 lens this afternoon / evening and found me a beauty to test it on. I saw her, told her I loved what she did with her hair and told her to give me a smile with that pretty face and whala...

Wow-nice lens. In this case I like the color better since it's very clean and she has sweet face and smile. Also, b/w processed a little too dark. I can't think of any rules for when b/w better or color just a feeling. Now if only I could bottle that and sell it like Dr. Pepper. . Use it well my friend!PS:also it's a little unfair since I've already seen her vivid hair color and makeup,so yeah that influenced my opinion too. lol
11-02-2009, 09:26 PM   #1759
Pentaxian

Original Poster
A few more from today.
I am going to like that 24mm vivitar.

11-03-2009, 09:36 AM   #1760
Pentaxian

A few more from today.
I am going to like that 24mm vivitar.
Love #2-the tones, the composition, the subject...

Here's a few from last week just posted at my bw blog

11-03-2009, 09:48 AM   #1761
Veteran Member

I do like the perspective of the photo. Nice capture.
Thanks Javier!
I've gotta look through some old shots to see if I can find more shots that are "street"
Unfortunately some of them may not have been taken with my Pentax - but then again, does it matter?
11-03-2009, 09:50 AM   #1762
Veteran Member

I'd have to say in this case the color - you lose the red hair context and the juxtaposition with the red light above with the b/w
11-03-2009, 09:56 AM   #1763
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

11-03-2009, 02:54 PM   #1764
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Indoor street shooting

With the approaching winter, cold weather and short day light, we tend to in Sweden to move the street life under roof, into great shopping malls. Light conditions are of course better than outside where the sun rise after you left for work and set before you come home from work, but it still take high ISO. Here are some reasent shots with the K-7. A large fraction with the SMC Pentax-DA 15mm ltd, some with the 35 or 70ltd, some with the SMC Pentax-A 100mm f2.8 (my current substitute for a longer limited lens that Pentax have not yet given us).

#1 "The bride"

The girl in the middle are getting married. The tradition is that her friends bring her out on a last party night just before the wedding. I know similar traditions exist in many cultures. Here it is called "mö-hippa".

#2 "Future of car industry?"

#3 "Mother and daughter"

#4 "Safe"

#5 "Mmmh"

#6 "Sleeping guard?"

#7 "Friends?"
11-03-2009, 03:29 PM   #1765
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You know how I prefere BW for street shots, but in this case I'd vote for the color version. The BW are a bit dark for my taste.

Edit: In this case the red color is an important part of the subject: red haired girl with red lipstick below a red light. There are also no other disturbing strong colors to compete with the red.

Last edited by Douglas_of_Sweden; 11-03-2009 at 05:44 PM. Reason: more thoughts
11-03-2009, 03:33 PM   #1766
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bbluesman, love that 2nd shot. The thin DOF, grain and misty light combines to a magic atmosphere. BTW, I've just added you on the blogg list on my blogg

Nesster, lovely colors!
11-03-2009, 04:43 PM   #1767
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
Bbluesman, love that 2nd shot. The thin DOF, grain and misty light combines to a magic atmosphere. BTW, I've just added you on the blogg list on my blogg

Nesster, lovely colors!
Woot nice to see you back and posting Douglas.Nice series-Mother and Daughter wins for me on the perspective although the little boy shots and musician really good too. Thanks for the link. Will reciprocate.
11-03-2009, 04:45 PM   #1768
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Douglas,
You are an awesome street shooter...I love your work!
11-03-2009, 05:30 PM   #1769
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bbluesman Quote
Woot nice to see you back and posting Douglas.Nice series-Mother and Daughter wins for me on the perspective although the little boy shots and musician really good too. Thanks for the link. Will reciprocate.
Thanks a lot! Have had a lot of work to do, still have, but then vacation last week and time for some more shooting and most importantly post processing (where I have fallen behind). Have a couple of films to process and scan also.

I'm only wondering one thing...what musician?

Douglas,
You are an awesome street shooter...I love your work!
Thanks Javier! Comming from you it means a lot!
11-03-2009, 05:41 PM   #1770
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

under-the-roof-street-shooting

More "under-the-roof-street-shooting" with K-7 + DA15/35/70ltd.

#1 "Sweet-toth-lady"

#2 "Watching/watched?"

#3 "Gamers"

#4 "White x-mas dreamer"

#5 "Hurry mum!"

#6 "Girls in stripes"