Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2011, 06:36 AM   #5176
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Nice images! I especially like the 2nd photo, looks like twins in green shirts, and looks like it says "Bang This"...

05-05-2011, 07:16 AM   #5177
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Where's the Fun??

Last edited by ivoire; 03-30-2012 at 07:41 PM.
05-05-2011, 08:29 AM   #5178
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ivoire Quote
Where's the Fun??
Excellent!
05-05-2011, 02:12 PM   #5179
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by theunartist Quote
Nice images! I especially like the 2nd photo, looks like twins in green shirts, and looks like it says "Bang This"...
Thank you, I did not see the bang this twins "perform", but after seeing them I Googled "bang this twins", they have a lot of videos on you tube. Very weird.

05-05-2011, 03:12 PM   #5180
Veteran Member

At a local fest in Bubbio.

05-05-2011, 05:05 PM   #5181
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Where's the Fun??
He/she (?) is not feeling it. Agree with JG - excellent shot!
05-06-2011, 06:13 AM   #5182
Pentaxian

Just started to street shoot after looking thru this thread. have been enjoying the photos and the stories they tell. its fun to just wait in one spot and see what transpires, then move on and repeat. we are an unusual and interesting lot.
05-06-2011, 08:22 AM   #5183
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Just started to street shoot after looking thru this thread. have been enjoying the photos and the stories they tell. its fun to just wait in one spot and see what transpires, then move on and repeat. we are an unusual and interesting lot.
Yes. I will tell ya though. Many photographers hate street shooting and are disgusted by it, yet they like to look at the images.

05-06-2011, 10:41 AM   #5184
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Yes. I will tell ya though. Many photographers hate street shooting and are disgusted by it, yet they like to look at the images.
hhhhhmmmm.... i don't get the disgusted part. i looked at the "American Modern: Abbott, Evans, Bourke-White" exhibit in Chicago last night. It was not only excellent photography, but a historical presentation within a short time period; events, people, architecture, etc in the U.S. Each photo told a story. It looks to me that this thread is doing the same, but even broader as it encompasses photographers from around the world.
05-06-2011, 11:43 AM   #5185
Pentaxian

Original Poster
hhhhhmmmm.... i don't get the disgusted part. i looked at the "American Modern: Abbott, Evans, Bourke-White" exhibit in Chicago last night. It was not only excellent photography, but a historical presentation within a short time period; events, people, architecture, etc in the U.S. Each photo told a story. It looks to me that this thread is doing the same, but even broader as it encompasses photographers from around the world.
No the digust that I am speaking about is not here at PF persay, but in many other places. Allot of people feel it is creepy, perverted, rude, invasive, etc. I asked the question in a few forums and people whom I get along with very well to share what they ''really'' thought of street photography and most people do not like it. Even on flickr there is only a small group of street photographers compared to everything else.
05-06-2011, 05:14 PM   #5186
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
No the digust that I am speaking about is not here at PF persay, but in many other places. Allot of people feel it is creepy, perverted, rude, invasive, etc. I asked the question in a few forums and people whom I get along with very well to share what they ''really'' thought of street photography and most people do not like it. Even on flickr there is only a small group of street photographers compared to everything else.
I don't understand that at all, it's not like you are chasing people or shoving a camera in their face. I myself would like to do more street work, but I live in a more rural area. Truly Javier, I look at you as a historian. Your street pics will be even more interesting in a hundred years. I think people are less private than ever, look how many live their lives facebook and tweet their every thought.

You can usually tell if people don't want their photo taken, and you can be very polite about it. Obviously in spots, like Hollywood, some people are there to be seen. I enjoy it, I don't have the experience of some of the great street artists on this forum. I've always liked history, and street photography captures everyday history, the kind often forgotten. I really love to see your work, keep it up.

More from Nashville: Trying make it

Kettle Corn:

This was shot from a horse drawn wagon, so it's OOF, but it's so ironic. Is he really playing? :
05-06-2011, 05:57 PM   #5187
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
I don't understand that at all, it's not like you are chasing people or shoving a camera in their face. I myself would like to do more street work, but I live in a more rural area. Truly Javier, I look at you as a historian. Your street pics will be even more interesting in a hundred years. I think people are less private than ever, look how many live their lives facebook and tweet their every thought.

You can usually tell if people don't want their photo taken, and you can be very polite about it. Obviously in spots, like Hollywood, some people are there to be seen. I enjoy it, I don't have the experience of some of the great street artists on this forum. I've always liked history, and street photography captures everyday history, the kind often forgotten. I really love to see your work, keep it up.

+1 Well said, Tom. It's not like the paparazzi chasing you down & trying to intrude on your every personal detail. Yeah, some people will object, but you can smooth things over by simply talking, or offering to send them a copy of the photo, etc. "Historian" is accurate, I think (even in La-La land ). I know I enjoy looking at candid shots of people from the past, just doing their everyday activities - really fascinating to me. Just as people 50-100 yrs from now will enjoy seeing Javier's & Mark's & others' work. My situation is similar to yours - I live in a mostly conservative small town tucked in between the bigger metro areas. I'm not much of a street shooter, but I'm gonna make an effort this year. We have quite a few events here in town that draw some big crowds. I'll start there, coz I feel more comfortable street shooting when there are others doing the same.
05-06-2011, 06:07 PM   #5188
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
+1 Well said, Tom. It's not like the paparazzi chasing you down & trying to intrude on your every personal detail. Yeah, some people will object, but you can smooth things over by simply talking, or offering to send them a copy of the photo, etc. "Historian" is accurate, I think (even in La-La land ). I know I enjoy looking at candid shots of people from the past, just doing their everyday activities - really fascinating to me. Just as people 50-100 yrs from now will enjoy seeing Javier's & Mark's & others' work. My situation is similar to yours - I live in a mostly conservative small town tucked in between the bigger metro areas. I'm not much of a street shooter, but I'm gonna make an effort this year. We have quite a few events here in town that draw some big crowds. I'll start there, coz I feel more comfortable street shooting when there are others doing the same.
Very true Paul, it's easier when you don't stick out. Those events have a lot of opportunity too, people are kind of loose, and more open.
05-06-2011, 09:49 PM   #5189
Forum Member

Some of my attempts at street from my neck of the woods:

Since I live in a metropolis of over 15 million people, I need to shoot more street. Though I've only been shooting street fairly recently, (and only starting to get back into photography as well) - to quote something I heard in one of those Chris Weeks' street photography slash Leica ad videos - "Street Photography is my golf."
05-07-2011, 08:27 AM   #5190
Site Supporter
Site Supporter