Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1453 Likes Search this Thread
07-10-2013, 09:24 PM   #7666
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
My attempts this last weekend have not turned out as I had hoped.

Last edited by Sage97; 07-10-2013 at 09:53 PM.
07-18-2013, 01:37 AM - 1 Like   #7667
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pure luck. I took this picture while I was passing the lady and shot with my arm along my body, so she was actually walking behind me and I didn't even look at my camera.
Also, I tried a different processing technique on this one, so it looks more gritty and grave. How do you like it ?

Last edited by NickLarsson; 07-18-2013 at 03:09 AM.
07-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #7668
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NickLarsson Quote
Also, I tried a different processing technique on this one, so it looks more gritty and grave. How do you like it ?

It's a nice shot. I like the processing for the background (building, cars, street), but I don't quite like how the lady turned out, personally.
07-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #7669
Veteran Member

Pure luck. I took this picture while I was passing the lady and shot with my arm along my body, so she was actually walking behind me and I didn't even look at my camera.
I like it, especially for a no-look hip fire shot. The composition turned out really well with the crosswalk hashes going into the corner of the frame and her being mid-step. The car behind her.....the motorcycle behind that.....the group of birds on the sidewalk....all the different architectural lines....there is a lot going on in this photo once you take your eyes away from the main subject.....but I wouldn't say it's cluttered at all.

I like the deep dark blacks in my B/W photos, but you are right on the line in terms of high contrast post-production in my opinion. Overall, it's an awesome overall image and great capture of the scene.

Been looking at the Ricoh GR.....like I need another camera I have seen excellent photos from you and others on the net, and some favorable reviews. Looks like a great compact for street shooting and B/W photography

07-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #7670
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I spy Beaugrenelle! I like it a lot, even though I'm not that much into gritty looks. Like kenafein, I think the lady's face especially suffers a bit. The heavy shadows probably make her look older and sadder than she was
07-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #7671
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
It's a nice shot. I like the processing for the background (building, cars, street), but I don't quite like how the lady turned out, personally.
QuoteOriginally posted by PhilippeG Quote
I spy Beaugrenelle! I like it a lot, even though I'm not that much into gritty looks. Like kenafein, I think the lady's face especially suffers a bit. The heavy shadows probably make her look older and sadder than she was
Thanks. Well, she wasn't especially young or happy either, but I understand your point

QuoteOriginally posted by abieleck Quote
I like it, especially for a no-look hip fire shot. The composition turned out really well with the crosswalk hashes going into the corner of the frame and her being mid-step. The car behind her.....the motorcycle behind that.....the group of birds on the sidewalk....all the different architectural lines....there is a lot going on in this photo once you take your eyes away from the main subject.....but I wouldn't say it's cluttered at all.

I like the deep dark blacks in my B/W photos, but you are right on the line in terms of high contrast post-production in my opinion. Overall, it's an awesome overall image and great capture of the scene.

Been looking at the Ricoh GR.....like I need another camera I have seen excellent photos from you and others on the net, and some favorable reviews. Looks like a great compact for street shooting and B/W photography
Thank you very much Aaron.

I've just got myself the GR two days ago but this pic was taken with its little brother the GRD4

For street photography I think the GR is indeed the ultimate camera. Small, inconspicuous, fast (snap focus) and great APS-C sensor.
That said, knowing you already have the X100 it may be a bit redundant to have both IMO.
But it's also true that the word 'redundant' doesn't exist in the G.A.S dictionary

I liked this post which compares the two pretty fairly : The Ricoh GR: Very Brief First Thoughts, and the Fuji X100s. | STREET
07-21-2013, 09:49 AM - 1 Like   #7672
Veteran Member

07-22-2013, 08:24 AM   #7673
Veteran Member

07-22-2013, 09:02 PM - 1 Like   #7674
Pentaxian

07-23-2013, 04:34 AM   #7675
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by bbluesman Quote
Nice one Mark and always dig your post p...
07-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #7676
Veteran Member

First pic with my new GR

07-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #7677
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by theunartist Quote
Nice one Mark and always dig your post p...
Thanks Rick
07-24-2013, 05:45 AM - 1 Like   #7678
Veteran Member

This shot was taken with my Nikon D800E & AF-S 300 w/ TC-14E II: It must have something going for it because I just got dragged over hot coals on Facebook by a so-called friend who deleted me because she thought I was a pervert.

Last edited by bossa; 07-25-2013 at 03:59 AM.
07-24-2013, 09:21 AM   #7679
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
This shot was taken with my Nikon D800E & AF-S 300 w/ TC-14E II: It must have something going for it because I just sot dragged over hot coals on Facebook by a so-called friend who deleted me because she thought I was a pervert.
A pervert? It's not like you partook; but maybe she should get a massage. It sounds like she could use one. The 300mm + TC looks like a good combo.

Last edited by kenafein; 07-24-2013 at 10:07 AM.
07-24-2013, 09:49 AM   #7680
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
deleted me because she thought I was a pervert.
Overreact much?

Nice shot!