Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 285 Likes Search this Thread
04-26-2022, 01:04 PM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I already used it, you can check January Single. It is great lens, initially I was unsure if I keep it but it grew up on me, sort of acquired taste and now it is my second (after 20-40) lens I choose when I go out. Not that I have many lenses to choose from.

And my only spotting lens for now. It is pretty nice for my local airfield, sharp enough for cropping things that are further away and wide enough for spotting point closest to runway. Added bonus are looks of other spotters with long telezooms when I show up with this tiny lens

04-26-2022, 04:17 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am a bit slow and need some clarifications. Is this an "any subject you wish" thing with only the the 4 days you have listed as theme days? Also, what is meant by "B/SELFIES" for May 21?

Do I need to declare my lens/camera combo ahead of time or when I post my first image?

Is black & white acceptable?

I am sorry for being so dense – it is one of the curses of age.

Thanks!

Don
04-26-2022, 04:39 PM   #18
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by AggieDad Quote
I am a bit slow and need some clarifications. Is this an "any subject you wish" thing with only the the 4 days you have listed as theme days? Also, what is meant by "B/SELFIES" for May 21?

Do I need to declare my lens/camera combo ahead of time or when I post my first image?

Thanks!

Don

there are very few restrictions in the Single in Challenge:

one lens, every day, for the entire month... the lens or the camera body (or both) have to be Pentax or Ricoh...

you do not have to decide on your lens choice until you post your first image...

the themes throughout the month are entirely optional

black and white is entirely acceptable (in fact, we normally declare November as MoNovember and run black & white the entire month)...
04-26-2022, 07:28 PM - 5 Likes   #19
Forum Member

Hi Everyone,

I believe I will join the fun for May. Lens: There are a few possibilities, I'm feeling like a rather normal focal length suits my mood at the moment, I'm thinking most likely either the P645-A 75/2.8 or the SMC-A 35-70/4. The 75 would have to be on GFX which makes it 60equiv-ish, the 35-70 I can shoot apsc, FF and surprisingly GFX as well from 40mm or so up, so plenty of range there. Hmmmm......

Looking forward to being a part of it all again.

04-26-2022, 09:08 PM - 2 Likes   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm in again.
April has been tough, some significant (and scary) health issues, but getting better.

I'd love to do the month with my Sigma 18-300 DC Contemporary lens, but if others think that this is like using "every lens" at the same time, I will change...
I have a new 28-105 I could use on my K-1 ?
04-26-2022, 09:41 PM - 1 Like   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jackassp Quote
I'd love to do the month with my Sigma 18-300 DC Contemporary lens, but if others think that this is like using "every lens" at the same time, I will change...
Large zooms are absolutely fine - don't hesitate to use any of the two you mentioned.
04-27-2022, 01:09 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

II'd love to do the month with my Sigma 18-300 DC Contemporary lens, but if others think that this is like using "every lens" at the same time, I will change...
Use whatever lens you like. This is about having fun with your photography not strict rules. I never do selfie day nor any themes related to photographing people for example. And I cannot wait to do a month with 60-250 So just use whatever lens you want and have fun with it.

04-27-2022, 02:01 AM - 3 Likes   #23
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jersey Quote
This is about having fun with your photography not strict rules.
Oh, rules are strict, but there is no judge
04-27-2022, 04:29 PM - 1 Like   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikey Floyd Quote
Hi Everyone,

I believe I will join the fun for May. Lens: There are a few possibilities, I'm feeling like a rather normal focal length suits my mood at the moment, I'm thinking most likely either the P645-A 75/2.8 or the SMC-A 35-70/4. The 75 would have to be on GFX which makes it 60equiv-ish, the 35-70 I can shoot apsc, FF and surprisingly GFX as well from 40mm or so up, so plenty of range there. Hmmmm......

Looking forward to being a part of it all again.
Welcome back!
04-28-2022, 12:12 AM - 2 Likes   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have been doing the dic this month, mostly with the 20-40mm limited (god I love that lens ). I need to sic. Film has taken over and i need digital to reassert its authority. I was torn between the 15 & 40mm limited then it occurred to me that despite owning it for four years, I have never sic'd my 18-135mm. @robgski we're lens buddies . this is another import, in fact it was my first. It may be a bit bonkers but I love it when lenses have seen other parts of the world. This and my 35mm limited saw Japan, my 20-40, south Australia, 40mm limited is French and my 1958 tessar is Portuguese. It just adds something for me, I am a bit mad that way

Last edited by Cerebum; 04-28-2022 at 12:54 AM.
04-28-2022, 01:28 AM - 1 Like   #26

I'll be playing with the Tamron Adaptall 2 500mm f8 (fixed) mirror lens on the K1. Should be fun. I wonder if the 2x teleconverter from the SP 90 Macro lens works with it?

Last edited by zubzubadoodle; 04-28-2022 at 01:43 AM.
04-28-2022, 01:50 AM - 1 Like   #27
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by AggieDad Quote

Thanks!

Don

Welcome - no slower than most of us

As Pepperberry has said, there are few restrictions - really just that there has to be some Pentax gear, and the lens stays the same for the month - and that the photos are taken on the day they’re for. Beyond that, go for your life.

B/selfies … the 21st every month is selfie day in honour of Sara (severalsnakes) - who doesn’t play any more :’( but we still do it. The B is for behind/backside/bum… should anyone feel so inclined. Sara’s one month was probably the only such variation any of us would agree should really be seen xP

---------- Post added 28th Apr 2022 at 06:52 PM ----------

I'm in again.
April has been tough, some significant (and scary) health issues, but getting better.

I for one have absolutely no issue with the notion of that lens. Rock on! It’ll be great to see its versatility
04-28-2022, 02:10 AM   #28
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Riggomatic Quote
Welcome back!
Thanks David!!!
04-28-2022, 02:05 PM - 2 Likes   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
I have been doing the dic this month, mostly with the 20-40mm limited (god I love that lens ). I need to sic. Film has taken over and i need digital to reassert its authority. I was torn between the 15 & 40mm limited then it occurred to me that despite owning it for four years, I have never sic'd my 18-135mm. @robgski we're lens buddies . this is another import, in fact it was my first. It may be a bit bonkers but I love it when lenses have seen other parts of the world. This and my 35mm limited saw Japan, my 20-40, south Australia, 40mm limited is French and my 1958 tessar is Portuguese. It just adds something for me, I am a bit mad that way
I like the imports as well, and especially like when the packing material includes local newspapers!
04-28-2022, 03:51 PM - 1 Like   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have it narrowed down to a 200mm f4, 24mm f2.8 and a 35mm f3.5.