Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2022, 06:07 PM - 1 Like   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
there are very few restrictions in the Single in Challenge:

one lens, every day, for the entire month... the lens or the camera body (or both) have to be Pentax or Ricoh...

you do not have to decide on your lens choice until you post your first image...

the themes throughout the month are entirely optional

black and white is entirely acceptable (in fact, we normally declare November as MoNovember and run black & white the entire month)...
@pepperberry - Many thanks for taking the time to clarify this for me. It sounds like fun, and I will give it a try.

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
B/selfies … the 21st every month is selfie day in honour of Sara (severalsnakes) - who doesn’t play any more :’( but we still do it. The B is for behind/backside/bum… should anyone feel so inclined. Sara’s one month was probably the only such variation any of us would agree should really be seen xP
@ Tsuken - Thanks for the clarification. I m afraid my B/Selfie would overflow the frame no matter what the lens!

04-28-2022, 06:21 PM - 3 Likes   #32
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by AggieDad Quote
@pepperberry - Many thanks for taking the time to clarify this for me. It sounds like fun, and I will give it a try.
it's a blast and I honestly believe there is no better way to learn how to operate your camera & lens than shooting with it every day...

QuoteQuote:
@ Tsuken - Thanks for the clarification. I m afraid my B/Selfie would overflow the frame no matter what the lens!

many belfies have come and gone.... but only one remains:

04-30-2022, 06:20 AM - 1 Like   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You are correct, it's a great image for many reasons beyond the obvious.

I am enjoying the new job, and it seems like most people on my team are not as early to work as I have been on previous programs, so that leaves with a few free hours in the early morning for photography. That suits me just fine. Despite being a little tired after a long week, yesterday evening I did push myself out the door to go to the drag strip a few miles away. Not only does it allow me to vicariously experience speed, horsepower and general hoonage, but it is also a great location to practice all sorts of photography. I took the KP and DA 18-135 WR combo and though not all of my images were keepers, I was happy with many of them, and it renewed my desire to make some images again. I am looking forward to SIC in May with this combo.
04-30-2022, 06:37 AM - 2 Likes   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
You are correct, it's a great image for many reasons beyond the obvious.

I am enjoying the new job, and it seems like most people on my team are not as early to work as I have been on previous programs, so that leaves with a few free hours in the early morning for photography. That suits me just fine. Despite being a little tired after a long week, yesterday evening I did push myself out the door to go to the drag strip a few miles away. Not only does it allow me to vicariously experience speed, horsepower and general hoonage, but it is also a great location to practice all sorts of photography. I took the KP and DA 18-135 WR combo and though not all of my images were keepers, I was happy with many of them, and it renewed my desire to make some images again. I am looking forward to SIC in May with this combo.
Good to hear you'll have more time for photography and fun.

I haven't been to the drag races in years (decades). My first job out of college, I worked for a top fuel/funny car builder, and went to the Nationals in Indianapolis as a vendor. An amazing experience.

04-30-2022, 11:31 PM - 4 Likes   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I am with Rob sicing the 18-135mm. I thought I hadn't sic'd it but I did three years ago. It's quite a timely choice as the weather has just broken down and we have rain again. Happy days lol
05-01-2022, 10:14 AM - 3 Likes   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've not done a SIC before but I'll give it a go with the kit DA 18-55.
05-01-2022, 10:38 AM - 5 Likes   #37
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll rock M50/4 macro in May.

05-01-2022, 11:34 AM - 2 Likes   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Decided on the SMC 200mm f4.
Now I need to take a picture or two.
05-01-2022, 01:07 PM - 1 Like   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Now that April is over and I don't have to lug The Beast (D FA 15-30) anymore, I believe I will dig out some vintage glass and go with a M 85/2.0.
05-01-2022, 07:45 PM   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

HELP!

Where do I post my photo? I am lost and would appreciate a link.

Thanks!
05-01-2022, 07:57 PM   #41

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
HELP!

Thanks!
Right here for today:
Single in May 2022 - 1st - Monthly Photo Challenges - PentaxForums.com

---------- Post added 1st May 2022 at 21:00 ----------

HELP!

Thanks!
And each day is found back a page here:

Monthly Photo Challenges - PentaxForums.com
05-01-2022, 08:05 PM   #42
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by djb47 Quote
I've not done a SIC before but I'll give it a go with the kit DA 18-55.

Cool - welcome and enjoy 8)
05-02-2022, 12:43 AM - 5 Likes   #43
Pentaxian

It seems that I started with explore:

Actually, just before taking this photo, my first thought had been that the lens (DA 40/2.8) lacks sth compared to the DA20-40 from the previous month and I didn't feel the vibe...
But today I went for another morning walk (third sunrise in a row) and I think I'm gonna like the lens.
05-02-2022, 01:07 AM   #44
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris_K Quote
Definitely well deserved!!
05-02-2022, 01:50 AM   #45
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris_K Quote

Actually, just before taking this photo, my first thought had been that the lens (DA 40/2.8) lacks sth compared to the DA20-40 from the previous month and I didn't feel the vibe...
But today I went for another morning walk (third sunrise in a row) and I think I'm gonna like the lens.

Stunner! Definitely a well-deserved Explore