Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2022, 12:59 PM - 2 Likes   #121
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
If I need wider view, it's easy to build panoramas or brenizers. Very handy
Looking at your DFA85, "handy" isn't exactly the first word that I'm thinking of .
There is a very tempting special running here for it. But I guess I'll stick with the beautiful compact FA77, or maybe sell it in favor of an HD one. One of the reasons why I ended up with Pentax in the first place is the fine collection of excellent very compact lenses in conjunction with IBIS.

05-18-2022, 01:40 PM   #122
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JensE Quote
Looking at your DFA85, "handy" isn't exactly the first word that I'm thinking of .
There is a very tempting special running here for it. But I guess I'll stick with the beautiful compact FA77, or maybe sell it in favor of an HD one. One of the reasons why I ended up with Pentax in the first place is the fine collection of excellent very compact lenses in conjunction with IBIS.
just a thought on the options at this focal length, especially if manual focus is not an issue - I have a copy of the SMC A* 85/1.4 and it is sublime....
05-18-2022, 02:15 PM   #123
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

85 gives nice separation for subjects. If I need wider view, it's easy to build panoramas or brenizers. Very handy
Yeah, I already did this with my submission on May 3. It was just a small stitch – 3 or 4 images – but my location prevented me from moving farther back from the subject. Panos are fine with me, and it worked in this situation. A pano is a good tool to have in the bag, but I wouldn't call it "handy."
05-18-2022, 04:36 PM   #124

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
David (Riggomatic I believe) mentioned the red hue on the bark of today’s shot. It is in all the shots I took and since the tree bark isn’t really red, it is likely due to the window. I tinkered with I one of the other images that also had the red bark issue and this was the result. If I am to be very honest I do not do much PP as I don’t know exactly what I am doing:

05-19-2022, 02:09 AM   #125
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by AggieDad Quote

@Mikey Floyd: Thanks for your comments. It turned out okay, but I wasn't sure. It was not a good shoot. No one was at the skateboard park, so I was left with trying to get shots of shapes and patterns and such. But it was midday and the sun was straight up, so there were no shadows to give any modeling to anything. This was the last photo I took. I grabbed as I was walking back to the car.
I have been watching your work and I think we seem to share a similar eye for things and we both seem to enjoy B&W images. I know I most definitely would have taken shots of the fridge. First, because it is a bookshelf, and second, because it a refrigerator outside. I love things that have strange (or wrong) juxtapositions. I invite you (and anyone else) to take a peek at my site PhotoMono which is exclusively monochrome images.
I've just hopped over to your site while I have a quick moment on my phone - First impressions are that you have quite an impressive body of work there! I see a lot that appeals to me. I'm going to make some time to have a proper look in the next few days when I can give your images the time they obviously deserve.
05-19-2022, 07:11 AM - 2 Likes   #126
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
just a thought on the options at this focal length, especially if manual focus is not an issue - I have a copy of the SMC A* 85/1.4 and it is sublime....
And if the APSC is an option then the DA70/2.4 is absolutely fabulous Fantastic rendering and sharp from wide-open

---------- Post added 05-19-22 at 07:12 AM ----------

I invite you (and anyone else) to take a peek at my site PhotoMono which is exclusively monochrome images.
Great set of images! I'll definitely take a closer look at them.
05-19-2022, 03:53 PM   #127
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
.... I invite you (and anyone else) to take a peek at my site PhotoMono which is exclusively monochrome images.
Nice work on the website and photos. I'd love to spend time wandering around that train yard as well.

I'm ready for MoNovember now .

05-19-2022, 10:44 PM - 1 Like   #128
Pentaxian

Do you happen to buy a lens that you had bought and then sold out in the past? Some sort of seller's regret? I did it a few times... The A 35-105. the A 70-210, the M 50/1.7... I had two copies of the F 50/1.7 and owning F 50/1.4 I've been thinking that it would be really good to have the 1.7 version, too (that's insane, isn't it??)... What's your experience?
05-19-2022, 11:26 PM - 1 Like   #129
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris_K Quote
Do you happen to buy a lens that you had bought and then sold out in the past? Some sort of seller's regret? I did it a few times... The A 35-105. the A 70-210, the M 50/1.7... I had two copies of the F 50/1.7 and owning F 50/1.4 I've been thinking that it would be really good to have the 1.7 version, too (that's insane, isn't it??)... What's your experience?
My experience is don't sell unless it is absolutely certain you don't miss the lens.
05-19-2022, 11:29 PM - 1 Like   #130
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

And if the APSC is an option then the DA70/2.4 is absolutely fabulous Fantastic rendering and sharp from wide-open
If APSC is the option then 85 or 70 is bit long for general walk around prime. 50 is very good choice instead. I've done some trips to Italy with only DA50 on K30.
05-19-2022, 11:52 PM   #131
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What's your experience?
If I were better at selling, I'd surely be in that situation. I still have some lenses sitting here waiting to be photographed and put up for sale, but the list has shrunk. If I had sold all from the original list, acquiring the KP would have made me regret it. The DA70 is one that went and that I occasionally miss. On the F50s: Unlike the FA50/1.4, I would not part with the F50/1.7, a much more useful AF lens for me.
05-20-2022, 12:00 AM   #132
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

If APSC is the option then 85 or 70 is bit long for general walk around prime. 50 is very good choice instead. I've done some trips to Italy with only DA50 on K30.
the DA* 55/1.4 is a sweet lens in this focal range.....
05-20-2022, 12:06 AM - 1 Like   #133
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

the DA* 55/1.4 is a sweet lens in this focal range.....
Yes, should be. I have not used it personally thought.
05-20-2022, 12:24 AM - 1 Like   #134
Pentaxian

Yes - 35mm macro (sold to my brother but since acquired another one) and 18-135mm. I'm on my third one, and this time it stays.

---------- Post added 05-20-22 at 08:29 AM ----------

here it is - your monthly mid-month check-in....

how is that lens working out for you - did you choose poorly this time around?

or is this the month you discovered just what you've been missing?
Very happy with the 31/1.8 - it's been on the KP all month because that tightens up the FOV but still has all the bokeh I want or need. It suffers from some strong CA but we know that and I usually get rid of it in LR if it detracts from the image, but in all honesty I don't mind it too much because that in its nature...
05-21-2022, 12:15 AM - 3 Likes   #135
Pentaxian

So regarding all your comments... I'll simply buy this F 50/1.7 and hopefully, it stops there (for a while... )