Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 52 Likes Search this Thread
06-01-2022, 11:31 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I was able to get a shot and post it and comment on your images. I note that 4 used macro lenses today! 3 of those were Pentax. Mine was shot on my Sony A7R III and I note that we also have FA 31 and FA 77 shots made on a Canon 45mp mirrorless and even a 30mm shot (non-Macro) made on a Sigma Quattro SD Foveon sensor camera. Wild group we have here...
I have seen plenty variation with cameras and all in this daily group. But most of it is still with Pentax lenses not that it would actually matter. I think that many of us just enjoy of the actual taking pictures process...

For me Canon is for video/also hybrid (that is why I have R5C, right) and mainly I did get that for that 3D180VR with just one camera and one lens. But It is still very impressive tool for photography too. I have to get by with EVF still. Hurting my head and eye..but it is very nice EVF. OVF is one of the reasons, I won't let my Pentax go(I also do like the mirror going, you know). I had panasonic S5, but it was not really that good for photos IMHO and EVF was really painful and I did not really want to even tough that camera. Canon is much better(much more expensive too).

06-02-2022, 07:54 AM - 1 Like   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
I have seen plenty variation with cameras and all in this daily group. But most of it is still with Pentax lenses not that it would actually matter. I think that many of us just enjoy of the actual taking pictures process...

For me Canon is for video/also hybrid (that is why I have R5C, right) and mainly I did get that for that 3D180VR with just one camera and one lens. But It is still very impressive tool for photography too. I have to get by with EVF still. Hurting my head and eye..but it is very nice EVF. OVF is one of the reasons, I won't let my Pentax go(I also do like the mirror going, you know). I had panasonic S5, but it was not really that good for photos IMHO and EVF was really painful and I did not really want to even tough that camera. Canon is much better(much more expensive too).
I’m surprised the Panasonic was bad for you. Chris Rankin loves his. I use the a7R III and a KP or K-3 as my primary bodies. I used to own FIVE m43 cameras (Olympus air-01, em-1; Panasonic gx-1, gx-7, gx-8) and I’ve had several compact mirrorless evf cameras. EVF vs OVF can be difficult to transition back and forth but has never given me headaches or other issues. I have a lot of minor vision deficits so I’m maybe not seeing the things that make people hurt.

I really like both, but ultimately I just love making images.
06-02-2022, 12:13 PM   #33
Pentaxian

I’m surprised the Panasonic was bad for you. Chris Rankin loves his. I use the a7R III and a KP or K-3 as my primary bodies. I used to own FIVE m43 cameras (Olympus air-01, em-1; Panasonic gx-1, gx-7, gx-8) and I’ve had several compact mirrorless evf cameras. EVF vs OVF can be difficult to transition back and forth but has never given me headaches or other issues. I have a lot of minor vision deficits so I’m maybe not seeing the things that make people hurt.

I use an A7iii and Fuji X-E2, both EVF’s of differing quality but never get headaches from using them…
20:20 vision here despite a, now Ti plated, fractured eye socket (but double vision in extremes down and extremes to the right).
06-02-2022, 12:23 PM - 1 Like   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
I use an A7iii and Fuji X-E2, both EVF’s of differing quality but never get headaches from using them…
20:20 vision here despite a, now Ti plated, fractured eye socket (but double vision in extremes down and extremes to the right).
I have monocular double vision, floaters that number in the hundreds, and barely corrected to 20/30 vision with extreme nearsightedness and retinal damage from detachments. But - I can still see enough to read and I love to take photos - my vision is far better than many. I too have a mechanical augmentation - a band around one eyeball that keeps the retina from tearing.

EVF's have never been as good to me as OVF's - my main concerns are the compression of dynamic range and the lag that some had. I haven't even had issues with sequential style EVF's which can rainbow on people with motion. The exposure preview option is a mixed blessing - typically I like it but I hate having to remember to turn it off when doing something like the moon shots or astro landscapes.

06-02-2022, 01:05 PM - 1 Like   #35
Pentaxian

Yeah, I did not like it at all, and slideshow and the fact that in some scenarios it is just not working as I'd like to and I have to questimate. Canon is much better. (sure with price tag, you should expect that)
I have almost perfect eyesight still, but my near sight is beginning to go further ... other than that, it is fine. I believe that I'm a bit sensitive to flickring or something like that. and it does cause head/eye ache.
06-04-2022, 12:52 PM - 2 Likes   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Themes for the month:

Sunday 5th Technology
Sunday 12th Street
Sunday 19th Broken
Sunday 26th Sand/grass/water

Sorry for the short notice, too many bank holidays mean I have no idea what day it is!
06-04-2022, 07:38 PM - 1 Like   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I will be late posting today's shots. I am busy with my 18 year old son and he does not always have time for me as I'm "old". LOL.

06-09-2022, 03:16 AM - 1 Like   #38
Pentaxian

Is it just me, or does there seem to be a distinct lack of commenting on the entries?
I thought the general idea of this was to give each other feedback. I, personally, find it off-putting when one makes the effort to comment and they don't return the favour.

Am I alone in thinking this?
06-09-2022, 06:17 AM   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Is it just me, or does there seem to be a distinct lack of commenting on the entries?
I thought the general idea of this was to give each other feedback. I, personally, find it off-putting when one makes the effort to comment and they don't return the favour.

It’s a smaller group, I like getting comments myself and try to comment when I’m able. I am behind and I dropped the ball yesterday - not even a cell pic to post. But I’ll try to catch up!
06-09-2022, 08:09 AM - 1 Like   #40
Pentaxian

It’s a smaller group, I like getting comments myself and try to comment when I’m able. I am behind and I dropped the ball yesterday - not even a cell pic to post. But I’ll try to catch up!
I appreciate the size of the group, and there's no fingers being pointed at you (rest assured). I, too, am guilty of falling behind with posting and commenting but try hard to catch up.
It seems as though there are some who fall into the trend of not posting feedback, despite receiving it (to put it more directly). This isn't necessarily limited to this group, but I'm aware it happens.
06-09-2022, 11:16 AM - 2 Likes   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I appreciate the size of the group, and there's no fingers being pointed at you (rest assured). I, too, am guilty of falling behind with posting and commenting but try hard to catch up.
It seems as though there are some who fall into the trend of not posting feedback, despite receiving it (to put it more directly). This isn't necessarily limited to this group, but I'm aware it happens.
I'm normally good at commenting on people who post before me but not so good at those that come after. I try to have a catch up if I have time but this is not always the case.
06-09-2022, 02:30 PM - 1 Like   #42
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No concerns at n my part. Just acknowledging I was behind in my comments.
06-09-2022, 05:03 PM - 1 Like   #43
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have fallen far behind in posting and commenting as well.

Commenting can be a challenge at times. IF a viewer "Faves" a photo, without a comment, is that equivalent? IIRC, the Faves can lure the Algorithms of Explore to grant a boon to the photographer.

Also, I think some viewers aren't sure if the photographer wants a critique or just "Great image" comment. If the former, that takes time to formulate and write out, and if latter, how many of those one post before it seems rote?

FWIW, I do welcome critiques when I do get around to posting.
06-09-2022, 05:23 PM   #44
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

I rarely comment on photos unless something truly moves me....

it's mainly due to my introverted nature and something that was said to me a while back by a person no longer with the forum....

some days it is difficult to discount what was said, and some days I am above it...
06-10-2022, 05:55 AM - 1 Like   #45
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

(wow - do I know how to kill a thread or what?)