Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-22-2022, 11:39 PM - 4 Likes   #166
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Single in June 2022

Proof sheet #2: (30 pics again)

June Proof sheet 2 by -Occasionally Focused-

I’m really rather liking these - and also am liking the self-imposed limitation on numbers of photographs taken. Makes you stop and think that bit more.

(Not that it’s necessarily rescuing my photography…) xP

06-23-2022, 03:28 AM   #167
Forum Member

Nice Tsuken!!! I really do love these.
06-23-2022, 03:51 AM - 7 Likes   #168
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey there, Single In sibs!

I have recently received a windfall of medium format goodness. Expect some (hopefully) more reliable contributions in upcoming months....
06-23-2022, 03:54 AM   #169
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote

I have recently received a windfall of medium format goodness. Expect some (hopefully) more reliable contributions in upcoming months....

that didn't take terribly long in shipping time at all...

06-23-2022, 06:55 AM   #170
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Woohoo
06-23-2022, 07:42 PM   #171
Pentaxian

Nice!

Welcome back our wayward son
06-24-2022, 04:59 AM - 2 Likes   #172
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Thanks everyone for their kind wishes. I'm hoping i'm over the worst of it. Now just have to make myself comfortable and start commenting

06-24-2022, 09:25 AM   #173
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
Thanks everyone for their kind wishes. I'm hoping i'm over the worst of it. Now just have to make myself comfortable and start commenting
Glad to hear you are feeling on the improve, be kind to yourself
06-24-2022, 08:43 PM - 1 Like   #174

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
Sorry folks I am behind in commenting and I have missed today. It is finally safe to head out to our summer place so massive plans are involved in getting my broken body and my boys ready to go. Tomorrow might be a miss too. I have to also decide on what camera gear to haul and what to leave - decisions, decisions.
06-25-2022, 05:07 AM - 2 Likes   #175
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

and I am done for the month - I sold the Takumar 35/4 and it's shipping out today....

I'll post a review probably later on today, but you'll be carrying on without me for the last week of the month....
06-25-2022, 06:47 AM - 1 Like   #176
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
and I am done for the month - I sold the Takumar 35/4 and it's shipping out today....

I'll post a review probably later on today, but you'll be carrying on without me for the last week of the month....
Selling the lens before the end of the month tells a lot about how you feel about it
06-25-2022, 06:49 AM - 1 Like   #177
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
Selling the lens before the end of the month tells a lot about how you feel about it

yeah - it's an OK lens, but I have better/faster 35mm lenses....
06-25-2022, 10:13 AM   #178
Pentaxian

Anyone have or use the new 16-50 plm aw? It's a lens I'm thinking of acquiring; I'll have to sell some lenses first though, and I'm keen to know how good it really is.
06-25-2022, 12:54 PM - 1 Like   #179
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote

It might be the same with me... What can I say... the DA 50-135 is a very good lens but certain features/flaws cross it out for me: it is unusable wide-open at a long end - I mean totally unusable. No "interesting softness", no "character" - it's just bad and it makes it virtually 50-100 lens. That's still not bad but I simply cannot accept the fact that I won't use the lens wide-open. The other thing is that it's bulky - quite a natural feature for such a lens but it's too heavy for everyday carrying and it's holding too much value to sit on the shelf for occasional use - I'd rather sell it and buy sth I'd use more often (or sth more specific). So tomorrow might be my last day with it as from Monday I'm going to be busy again. Anyway, I'm more than glad that I've tried it out.
06-25-2022, 01:11 PM   #180
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris_K Quote
It might be the same with me... What can I say... the DA 50-135 is a very good lens but certain features/flaws cross it out for me: it is unusable wide-open at a long end - I mean totally unusable. No "interesting softness", no "character" - it's just bad and it makes it virtually 50-100 lens. That's still not bad but I simply cannot accept the fact that I won't use the lens wide-open. The other thing is that it's bulky - quite a natural feature for such a lens but it's too heavy for everyday carrying and it's holding too much value to sit on the shelf for occasional use - I'd rather sell it and buy sth I'd use more often (or sth more specific). So tomorrow might be my last day with it as from Monday I'm going to be busy again. Anyway, I'm more than glad that I've tried it out.
I'm surprised that yours is unusable at the long end. I've had two copies and both were fine. I wonder if it got knocked at some point before you acquired it? I don't use mine much, but when I do I really like it. It has seen less use since I got the 60-250 as I'd rather not carry two bulky lenses, and the latter gives me more reach when I need it.

K.