Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-20-2022, 01:16 PM   #1
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Challenge #421

Welcome to this week's Post Processing Challenge #421

Many thanks to xs400 for hosting last week's challenge. For this week a tough challenge to work with... one of my never seen or shared "Street" image disasters, there is just so much wrong with this.

So the challenge is... use your skills to make this into a worthwhile image (one submission each).

Image flipping is most certainly allowed, but should you so choose to do so, do bear in mind that is visible writing throughout the image... so you'd need to do a double flip to get it readable again.

Enjoy the challenge and remember this is fun wee contest.

The Challenge will run from now... until Sunday, 26th June 2022, @20:00 GMT.

The files can be downloaded here:

DNG Image here: File sharing and storage made simple

JPG Image here: File sharing and storage made simple

For the next host:
The mediafire website is: mediafire.com
The login name is: ppchallenge@tmphillips.com
The password is: postprocessing

This is the image you get for this challenge, hope it inspires you to get involved.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
06-20-2022, 06:27 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
My go ... flipped ... the backwards writing doesn't bother me. Could be writing coming through dark glass or a mirror reflection ...
Anyway, here it is.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
06-20-2022, 09:17 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The image was a mess but that fish tank is so pretty
Attached Images

06-21-2022, 10:41 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My try.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
06-21-2022, 05:56 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mirror Nail Salon

In form of joke, of course. Processing in recreating mirror wall would take too much time for me. I evaded the bumpy road making screenshot, copying it, mirroring one of them and opening the two in two windows which I fixed one against the other. That's why the middle stitching double line. I worked with PNG files, but I had to diminish file size converting PNG to JPG with 85% quality.

See the result - no changes to light, contrast, sharpness etc. It took few minutes.
Attached Images

06-22-2022, 12:59 PM - 2 Likes   #6
Pentaxian

I focused on the background.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
06-23-2022, 09:58 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My take

6 Days Ago   #8
Pentaxian

Here's mine.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
4 Days Ago   #9
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" William Blake
Original Poster
Thanks to all who participated in my Challenge for this week... a kinda tough one I thought.

The wee back story to this image... it was based purely on sound. The three seated lassies were... without a shadow of doubt by having a ball. Bravely dipping their toes in the "Piranha Wannabe" infested fish tanks.

Ok the time has come... to pass judgement and find a winner. There were some great variations on offer here as submissions, which made my judging task challenging too..

But my clear winner is xs400... for his tiny "cameo" find, a complete wee image within the larger image. It just goes to show what IQ can be achieved with K1 and of course a "Good Lady" (Pentax-A 20mm F2.8).

My "Honourable Mentions" go to veraser for a quality reflection shot and cg57 for flipping.

So over to xs400 for Post Processing Challenge #422 and thanks again to all.

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 4 Days Ago at 01:31 PM.
4 Days Ago   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Thanks to all who participated in my Challenge for this week... a kinda tough one I thought.

The wee back story to this image... it was based purely on sound. The three seated lassies were... without a shadow of doubt by having a ball. Bravely dipping their toes in the "Piranha Wannabe" infested fish tanks.

Ok the time has come... to pass judgement and find a winner. There were some great variations on offer here as submissions, which made my judging task challenging too..

But my clear winner is xs400... for his tiny "cameo" find, a complete wee image within the larger image. It just goes to show what IQ can be achieved with K1 and of course a "Good Lady" (Pentax-A 20mm F2.8).

My "Honourable Mentions" go to veraser for a quality reflection shot and cg57 for flipping.

So over to xs400 for Post Processing Challenge #422 and thanks again to all.
Thanks Kerrowdown for running ppc 421. Congrats to xs400 - it's a wonderful pp. Congrats to veraser for HM and thanks Kerrowdown for the HM as well. Creative pp's by all.
3 Days Ago   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats xs400, stunning work! And also to veraser and cg57. Thanks Kerrowdown. As long as those ladies toes were not chomped, we are happy
3 Days Ago   #12
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cg57 Quote
Thanks Kerrowdown for running ppc 421
Your welcome, well done on HM.
3 Days Ago   #13
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
As long as those ladies toes were not chomped)
There’s no guarantees offered here.
3 Days Ago   #14
Pentaxian

Thanks for choosing my image as the winner. I'm honored.

A new challenge has been posted here: PP Challenge #422

Last edited by xs400; 3 Days Ago at 01:09 PM.