Show Printable Version 216 Likes Search this Thread
06-28-2022, 04:18 PM - 1 Like   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by W412ren Quote
That's it then; the 43 it is - think it'll make for an easier month too
QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
All the 50 and 55/1.4 talk last month peaked my interest and I splurged on a DA* 55/1.4 SDM that was reduced. It should arrive tomorrow or Wednesday so that's probably my lens for July.

I'll be paying close attention to the FA43 and the DA*55 this month.

06-28-2022, 08:12 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
All the 50 and 55/1.4 talk last month peaked my interest and I splurged on a DA* 55/1.4 SDM that was reduced. It should arrive tomorrow or Wednesday so that's probably my lens for July.
I think I'll pull out my DA* 55/1.4 as well. It still has the balky SDM, but I can always focus manual if it gets really stubborn.
06-28-2022, 09:28 PM - 4 Likes   #33
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote

all I do is take pictures every day, guys....
Indeed. You do it in constant style month after month with different lenses which make your monthly albums very good lens test database. Also I have bought a lens based on your month with it and I got exactly the kind of lens I expected. So yeah, if considering whether to get some lens or not, it's worth to check if Dave has shot it
06-28-2022, 09:35 PM - 1 Like   #34
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

I got this M42 Fujinon 55/1.8 I bought from discount a couple of years ago purposefully for challenge use, but I have not shot it so far. With all these 55's this month, I think I trow mine in as well.

06-29-2022, 12:54 AM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
I got this M42 Fujinon 55/1.8 I bought from discount a couple of years ago purposefully for challenge use, but I have not shot it so far. With all these 55's this month, I think I trow mine in as well.
Ooooh, is it an auto fujinon? I know the auto chinon 55/1.8 is a Tomioka, as is the yashinon and a couple of others. If so they are very sharp

I just calibrated my new smc FA 50mm f1.4, +2, I am really happy with that. It looked reasonably sharp on the flip screen of my KP but we will find out in a couple of days it came with a generic cap but I bought the right one of eBay. It was an MBP purchase so I have warranty but so far it all looks good
06-29-2022, 01:00 AM - 1 Like   #36

52B or 72B?
Its the 52BB. I have the teleconverter to turn it into a 1:1 macro.
06-29-2022, 01:01 AM - 2 Likes   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When my son promised me his old macbook I swore I would use it to learn Photoshop! So, I am gonna! July will be 50mm 1.4 all processed in PS! ....god help me

06-29-2022, 01:14 AM   #38
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
Ooooh, is it an auto fujinon? I know the auto chinon 55/1.8 is a Tomioka, as is the yashinon and a couple of others. If so they are very sharp
I believe so. There was this pin that needed some violence to make it shoot other than wide open on K1ii
I think it's this lens: Fujinon 55mm F1.8 Lens Reviews - Miscellaneous Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database Mine is with silver aperture ring, so first version I guess.

I have noticed that M42 adapters are a bit of a turn off for me, so I've been postponing shooting this lens.
06-29-2022, 02:58 AM - 3 Likes   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So, I calibrated the fast 50, it was +2, then i went to test for decentering

Looks OK to me
06-29-2022, 04:24 AM - 1 Like   #40
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
Indeed. You do it in constant style month after month with different lenses which make your monthly albums very good lens test database. Also I have bought a lens based on your month with it and I got exactly the kind of lens I expected. So yeah, if considering whether to get some lens or not, it's worth to check if Dave has shot it

thank you - it's nice to read these things....

I imagine that I will always cringe a bit when people write they've bought a lens based on my review or my work with the lens (what if I was wrong?)...

I usually hold my breath until I read somewhere that they are enjoying it, or see their photos and they are pleasing to my eye...

next year's SIC will be more varied (not a Takumar in sight), with a heavy dose of medium-format built in....
06-29-2022, 06:12 AM - 1 Like   #41
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

thank you - it's nice to read these things....

I imagine that I will always cringe a bit when people write they've bought a lens based on my review or my work with the lens (what if I was wrong?)...

I usually hold my breath until I read somewhere that they are enjoying it, or see their photos and they are pleasing to my eye...

next year's SIC will be more varied (not a Takumar in sight), with a heavy dose of medium-format built in....
Relax. At least for me it's not the review itself, thought it's nice to read whether you liked it or not. It's the album and pictures themself that do the talking. You put the lenses thru good testing during the month with some repeating themes that help evaluation. And you tend to have a new lens for every month. I'm all out of lenses and have to go repeatíng old ones like many of us. But your buy and also actively sell tactics keeps you loaded with lenses. Me, I suck at selling and thruthfully not so interested in getting new ones anymore.
06-29-2022, 10:51 AM - 2 Likes   #42
Pentaxian

It's time to...say goodbye...

I never loved you...

All through the bright days

the misty high-days

I kept my promise

Now get going...

With apologies to Andrew Lloyd Webber!

The 28-105 is on its way to a new home and a 24-70 will be taking its place...

July's lens...tbc!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
06-30-2022, 03:54 AM - 1 Like   #43
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
My "softening the blow of losing my 40" therapy lens is due tomorrow so I am in with the SMC FA 50mm f1.4. It was cheap and I can think of no better way of testing it than doing a sic let's see just how much of a softy it is

Alright, for some reason that helped my last minute decision: I’ll do the DA50/1.8
06-30-2022, 01:29 PM - 5 Likes   #44
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll be late with posting right from the start. I'll head out to test my new camping gear tomorrow. I'll be back with pictures on saturday or sunday.
06-30-2022, 09:48 PM - 1 Like   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
Alright, for some reason that helped my last minute decision: I’ll do the DA50/1.8
I like the DA 50 f1.8. When I sic'd it it was excellent. The 1.4 has a lot to live up to