Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 216 Likes Search this Thread
07-06-2022, 10:13 AM - 2 Likes   #91
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
beds and sustenance ( but sadly no wine cellar) are available for those passing through Gippsland on their path from the Blue Mountains to Adelaide
Noted, and thanks very much for the invitation. I'll have to start mapping out a route to take it all in.

07-06-2022, 01:15 PM - 3 Likes   #92
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'll post tomorrow, but when friday comes, I'm off to summer holiday. I have a road trip scheduled for the first week of holiday and I won't take computer with me. I'll unload what I got after I have returned home.
07-06-2022, 04:27 PM - 2 Likes   #93
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
Thanks for that Mike. He has perked up a fair bit and is enjoying life a bit more. He won't leave the red zone because he is fifteen but we are watching him like a hawk to make sure he isn't suffering in any way. When its time, I will be holding him when he goes although just the thought of that does me in. Dogs grow up with us, support and communicate with us. They are intelligent and empathic. They make us get up and out most of my images were taken on walkies and he made me go to places I wouldn't have seen. I think anyone who doesn't understand that a dog is a valid household member and alternative to a child just isn't thinking about it hard enough. It doesn't look like we will get grand children so grand doggies will have to do, and they do...do as for our next hairy child, we are saying never again, but we are dog people. I just know a hairy whackadoodle will need some love and we will sign up for another ten years, although Bailey will be a very hard act to follow.
Sorry to hear about this as well. My wife and I thought "never again" but we eventually stumbled across another sweet face that needed our help and love (or we needed its help and love), and just couldn't say no.
07-06-2022, 04:51 PM - 3 Likes   #94

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
Yesterday we made the appointment to have Bailey pts. We have cancelled it because we are not ready. He is firmly in the red zone but we just can't let him go, yet! How do people who have had a number of dogs go through this every time!
My parents have grandcats, but no grandkids. My health has been iffy for a longtime and I just didn't want to it to negatively affect a child or give them my obviously crummy genes. Once I had a boss tell me that needed to suck it up when we lost one of our family cats. We had bought him with us to Canada from the UK so we had gone to great lengths to keep him with us. Bone cancer took him before we were ready. It's a bit cliche but the hardest thing about having a pet is the final goodbye. You can really never prepare for it but spoil him to bits while you can and I hope you continue to enjoy each other's company.

07-06-2022, 11:32 PM - 4 Likes   #95
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Riggomatic Quote
Sorry to hear about this as well. My wife and I thought "never again" but we eventually stumbled across another sweet face that needed our help and love (or we needed its help and love), and just couldn't say no.
That's what I am expecting

---------- Post added 06-07-22 at 11:47 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by bigted Quote
...Once I had a boss tell me that needed to suck it up when we lost one of our family cats. ..... You can really never prepare for it but spoil him to bits while you can and I hope you continue to enjoy each other's company.
Some people don't realise how invested and attached we become. I feel sorry for them because they havent experienced it
He is on chicken and rice and extra cuddles, he loves it
07-10-2022, 12:36 PM - 4 Likes   #96
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well it's been a busy old weekend but also a relaxing one. Made the time for photos but will have to catch up commenting during the week (again). I think this will be a recurring theme for the month

Oh, found a decent-priced (pre-loved) DA* 300 on SRS here in the UK so that will be arriving next week. Any hints/tips on use will be gratefully received. I have had the HD1.4TC for years so looking to test the combo at the local canal - barn owls have nested there - fingers crossed etc
07-10-2022, 10:04 PM   #97
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by W412ren Quote
Well it's been a busy old weekend but also a relaxing one. Made the time for photos but will have to catch up commenting during the week (again). I think this will be a recurring theme for the month
That is so me. Take pictures, but no posting for days on end; finally upload, then post, opening half a thousand tabs with others’ photos while I’m doing so, then go through them all and hope I don’t miss too many. :/

07-11-2022, 02:45 AM   #98
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
That is so me.
Me too!
07-11-2022, 06:20 AM - 5 Likes   #99
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I had to break free from the K55 on Saturday. Broke out the 31 and sublime 70-200 instead. Hazel caused a commotion on Saturday on a ferry to Garnish island in West Cork, I had the K-1 and 31 and was busy taking candids when she pointed out that there was a gentleman behind us with a big camera (Canon MILC with a grey telephoto), to which he held it up proudly. Hazel looked at it, then at the photographer and said, it is not as nice as my dad's big lens, its grey and has no gold... She grabbed the lens bag and "Daddy show him!" - Gotta say, DFA* do hold their own in lens top trumps
07-11-2022, 02:39 PM - 2 Likes   #100
Pentaxian

Apologies for posting five days worth in one, I've been away surveying.

K.
07-11-2022, 02:57 PM   #101
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
Apologies for posting five days worth in one, I've been away surveying.

K.
Looking for anything exciting with the GPR?

Great find with the cars!
07-11-2022, 03:17 PM - 1 Like   #102
Pentaxian

Medieval chapel site. Not very exciting results, sadly.

QuoteOriginally posted by Riggomatic Quote
Looking for anything exciting with the GPR?

Great find with the cars!
07-12-2022, 11:42 AM - 1 Like   #103
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thinking of having a lens cull - 3 x Limited's, 3 x DFA*'s and 3 x Macro's + a wide should be enough for me - That leaves a 25, 50, 55, 60, 100 & 150 looking for a new home. I also sent my beloved 43 off to Germany for a bit of surgery - It slipped a disc and refused to focus after a workout with the K-3III - Will be interesting to see what they can do.
07-13-2022, 01:21 PM - 1 Like   #104
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
also sent my beloved 43 off to Germany for a bit of surgery
Hope they are able to salvage it for you

In other news ...
My shiny but second hand DA*300 turned up yesterday and I eagerly unpacked it only to find the focus ring is completely stuffed. Jams, scrapes or doesn't turn at all!
Most unlike SRS so I figure it got bashed in delivery.
Anyway, sorted over the phone today and I have an open box lens (slightly more cash) arriving tomorrow and they'll pick the dud up at the same time.
Can't complain about the service.
07-13-2022, 02:16 PM - 1 Like   #105
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by W412ren Quote
Hope they are able to salvage it for you

In other news ...
My shiny but second hand DA*300 turned up yesterday and I eagerly unpacked it only to find the focus ring is completely stuffed. Jams, scrapes or doesn't turn at all!
Most unlike SRS so I figure it got bashed in delivery.
Anyway, sorted over the phone today and I have an open box lens (slightly more cash) arriving tomorrow and they'll pick the dud up at the same time.
Can't complain about the service.
Sorry to hear about the bad 300 but at least you have a replacement.

I too use SRS (went to the Pentax 100th there) and have found them nothing but professional and with excellent service. Perhaps we'll see the new lens being used for a SiC one of these days!