Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 95 Likes Search this Thread
07-02-2022, 04:56 AM - 5 Likes   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What do you know, I actually submitted an image and commented on other members’ images. Could this be the start of a streak of active participation?

07-02-2022, 04:59 AM - 3 Likes   #32
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
What do you know, I actually submitted an image and commented on other members’ images. Could this be the start of a streak of active participation?
sounds like it's time for a nap after all that!

(:
07-02-2022, 10:12 AM - 1 Like   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
sounds like it's time for a nap after all that!

(:
I'm pacing myself, but I could do with a bit of a lie down
07-03-2022, 12:57 PM - 1 Like   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
I’m in! I’ll be immensely busy towards the end of the month (getting wed ) but will try my darnedest with the X-E2 & Konica Hexanon 40mm f/1.8.
Just seen this - congratulations and I wish you both the happiest of times!

07-04-2022, 04:17 AM - 3 Likes   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

An hour before sunset on a busy day, I started a brief walk in a nearby park. The park has few ponds, and a lot of natural forest, with enough trails both easy and challenging, to visit around several days a week and, get a little work out not get bored. I took the KP with the DA 40 XS attached. What a great walk around combo! I also learned the value of walking the same route in both clockwise direction and the reverse, especially during the blue hour. I will probably take the DA 21mm the next time I go.
07-04-2022, 07:12 AM - 3 Likes   #36
Pentaxian

It sounds like you found an ideal place to photograph and ideal gear to do it with, Rob. Hopefully all will work out for you.

After packing our house in October and moving to Germany in November, our household items and furniture finally arrived today. That includes my film equipment and my preciousses lenses. I managed to bring most of my more valuable A lenses and both K-1s on the plane with me, but the rest had to wait inside a jumbo Pelican case. Anyway, today's unboxing and a brief inspection shows all is in order. I'm about as excited as I was when the gear arrived new!
Hopefully, I'll be able to shoot with a different lens every day this month like I had imagined.
07-04-2022, 02:57 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
After packing our house in October and moving to Germany in November, our household items and furniture finally arrived today. That includes my film equipment and my preciousses lenses. I managed to bring most of my more valuable A lenses and both K-1s on the plane with me, but the rest had to wait inside a jumbo Pelican case. Anyway, today's unboxing and a brief inspection shows all is in order. I'm about as excited as I was when the gear arrived new!
Hopefully, I'll be able to shoot with a different lens every day this month like I had imagined.
Look forward to seeing your collection get an airing.

07-05-2022, 01:24 PM   #38
Pentaxian

I've just about managed to get my shots posted. I'll do some commenting early tomorrow morning I think. Bed beckons; I fell asleep on the sofa against my will for the first time in a long time. 25 miles covered today on the bike with a busy work-day between the first 10 and final 15.
07-05-2022, 01:25 PM   #39
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jeff Quote
Just seen this - congratulations and I wish you both the happiest of times!
Thank you very much Jeff!
07-12-2022, 05:01 PM - 3 Likes   #40
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My photography has been limited to my yard, but the flowers in my garden given me incentive to try to get proficient with Macro, using hte SMC-A 28-135mm Macro lens.
07-15-2022, 03:24 AM - 1 Like   #41
Pentaxian

Sorry all, I've fallen off the wagon again. I crashed my bike (totalled the frame but I'm pretty unscathed fortunately) so my head has been in the shed somewhat of late.
I might pick things back up with the Konica but it's not looking overly hopeful right now.

Fingers crossed I've seen a bike that looks the part. If so, it will be with me this weekend with some good fortune.
07-15-2022, 03:37 AM - 1 Like   #42
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
Sorry all, I've fallen off the wagon again. I crashed my bike (totalled the frame but I'm pretty unscathed fortunately) so my head has been in the shed somewhat of late.
I might pick things back up with the Konica but it's not looking overly hopeful right now.

Fingers crossed I've seen a bike that looks the part. If so, it will be with me this weekend with some good fortune.
That’s terrible! I hope you didn’t get too injured in the crash.
07-15-2022, 04:09 AM - 1 Like   #43
Pentaxian

Take your time hopefully recover well from the crash. Hope your not injured and the new bike works out.
07-15-2022, 06:57 AM - 2 Likes   #44
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
That’s terrible! I hope you didn’t get too injured in the crash.
QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
Take your time hopefully recover well from the crash. Hope your not injured and the new bike works out.
Thanks both. Graze on my shoulder from bracing and a bit of a sore ear where my helmet caught it but otherwise fine! Itching to get back on a bike actually...
The bike, however, is dented in the top tube and down tube. Pretty hard going considering it's a steel-framed bike. Crash was probably just shy of 20mph so I'm pretty lucky, all told.
07-15-2022, 07:45 AM - 1 Like   #45
Pentaxian

Sounds like luck was on your side for sure. A bike wreck that damaged the frame in my case would probably be fatal. Glad you're ok, and hope to see you posting in this challenge again soon.

Shifting gears, Dave posts a query in the Single-In discussion thread when the month is half over, so I thought I'd do the same here. Part of this challenge is to stimulate camaraderie, so consider yourself stimulated! How's the month going, what challenges have you overcome, and what lies ahead?