Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2022, 01:31 PM   #1
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Challenge 425

Welcome to this week's Post Processing Challenge #425

Many thanks to tuggie76 for hosting last week's challenge. Unfortunately the last winner is unable to host... so it falls to me as the second place man to do the honours.

For this week I want you all to put your Estate Agent/Realtor heads on and use your skills to create the image... that will sell me this property.

I wouldn't mention if I were you... that the property is actually in an earthquake zone, which is why it looks as it does.

Enjoy the challenge and remember this is supposed to be a fun wee contest.

The Challenge will run from now... until Sunday, 24th July 2022, @20:00 GMT.

The files can be downloaded here:

DNG Image here: File sharing and storage made simple
JPG Image here: File sharing and storage made simple

For the next host:
The mediafire website is: mediafire.com
The login name is: ppchallenge@tmphillips.com
The password is: postprocessing

This is the image you get to rework for this challenge, hope it inspires you to join in.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
07-19-2022, 01:19 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Original Poster
Oh dear... 100 views and no bites.
07-19-2022, 06:39 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Went for a surreal, dystopia look and feel
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
07-20-2022, 02:41 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cg57 Quote
Went for a surreal
Thanks Cindy, you've got us off the starting blocks.

07-20-2022, 10:55 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Thanks Cindy, you've got us off the starting blocks.
Absolutely. It's good shot and fun to work with. I've done some urban decay. Battered buildings have a lot character and tell a good story.
Let the imaginations fly!
07-20-2022, 12:08 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Kerrowdown for hosting this challenge.
I went for a severe crop.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
07-20-2022, 02:14 PM   #7
Pentaxian

I thought imitation watercolors would be appropriate

Attached Images

07-21-2022, 09:15 PM   #8
Pentaxian

My try.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
07-23-2022, 02:32 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Here's mine

Last edited by xs400; 09-07-2022 at 11:07 AM.
07-24-2022, 09:56 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Here's a few ideas to help you sell it.

Last edited by tuggie76; 11-15-2022 at 04:16 PM.
07-24-2022, 12:12 PM   #11
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Challenge now closed at the top of the hour, stand by results on the way.

Obviously not one of my better challenges.

So my special thanks go to the six folk that took the time to "have a go" ... out of the 335 folk that viewed.

Remember I did say "I want you all to put your Estate Agent/Realtor heads on and use your skills to create the image... that will sell me this property."

For me both xs400 and cg57 submitted some fine imagery... although here comes the but and it's a big one. I'm not sure the almost nightmare nature of these images, would make me want to spend my hard earned cash.

A fantastic painterly, romantic feel from Fdooch, makes this scene look attractive and full of potential to any would be buyer.

As for tuggie76 image, are you sure that you're not actually a Realtor? I like what you've done with the image in terms of increasing the appeal.

Here in Scotland, Estate Agents have earned a reputation of being... perhaps a little "gung-ho" and certainly more than a tad flowery with words when describing properties. I fear that this image may well fall into that camp.

So to the results... my Winner for this challenge goes the Fdooch, runner up tuggie76. My Honourable Mention goes to cg57 for her unexpected surreal dystopia.

Thanks again to all the participants, for putting up with my wee bit of nonsense in the challenge. Remember photography is supposed to be fun too, something that has shown and displayed here by all.

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 07-24-2022 at 12:51 PM.
07-24-2022, 02:55 PM   #12
Pentaxian

The new game is already here

Challenge 426 - PentaxForums.com
07-24-2022, 05:53 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
For me both xs400 and cg57 submitted some fine imagery... although here comes the but and it's a big one. I'm not sure the almost nightmare nature of these images, would make me want to spend my hard earned cash.

A fantastic painterly, romantic feel from Fdooch, makes this scene look attractive and full of potential to any would be buyer.

As for tuggie76 image, are you sure that you're not actually a Realtor? I like what you've done with the image in terms of increasing the appeal.

Here in Scotland, Estate Agents have earned a reputation of being... perhaps a little "gung-ho" and certainly more than a tad flowery with words when describing properties. I fear that this image may well fall into that camp.

So to the results... my Winner for this challenge goes the Fdooch, runner up tuggie76. My Honourable Mention goes to cg57 for her unexpected surreal dystopia.

Thanks again to all the participants, for putting up with my wee bit of nonsense in the challenge. Remember photography is supposed to be fun too, something that has shown and displayed here by all.
Agree ... Congrats Fdooch on the fine paintry concept and win.
Thanks Kerrowdown for the incredible challege... I must admit, I didn't read the rules and went straight into "let me see what I can do with this..." mode. Once I did the rules, I thought "Hey, a what a great movie set it would make for a surreal dystopia script ... and maybe it could go as a rental for the film production company. Anyway, thanks for HM.
Thanks everyone who participated, too.
07-25-2022, 07:00 AM   #14
Pentaxian

A great image to play with, thanks kerrodown. Well done fdooch!