Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 171 Likes Search this Thread
08-01-2022, 06:10 AM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mbceft Quote
HI guys,

Been awhile since I've been here. Bought an X Pro3 at the end of 2021 and have been pre-occupied with learning that machine and the native 33 1.4. Well, a heart attack later and I'm getting back to taking photos on a regular basis again. I really enjoy using my old Pentax glass on the Fuji and there is always so much inspiration here so why not come back to the fold.

I sold quite a bit of my gear so my choices are limited at the moment. I'll start August simple with an M50 1.7 on the X Pro 3. Maybe all one film simulation but I'm not sure about that yet.
Also need to remember to add the theme days to my calendar this time :-)

See you in the daily.

Mike B
Welcome back

08-01-2022, 08:15 AM - 1 Like   #32

QuoteOriginally posted by Riggomatic Quote
Welcome back
Thank you sir! Let’s see if I can make an entire month :-)

Mike B
08-01-2022, 11:22 AM - 2 Likes   #33
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

My main complain on July was M42 mount, so logically for August I decided to choose an lens with M42 mount. Yashinon Tomioka 60/2.8 macro shall be my lens this month.
08-01-2022, 02:43 PM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
My main complain on July was M42 mount, so logically for August I decided to choose an lens with M42 mount. Yashinon Tomioka 60/2.8 macro shall be my lens this month.

Oh dear (he says, having gone with M42 this month as well…) What was your gripe with the M42?

---------- Post added 2nd Aug 2022 at 07:44 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mbceft Quote
HI guys,

Been awhile since I've been here. Bought an X Pro3 at the end of 2021 and have been pre-occupied with learning that machine and the native 33 1.4. Well, a heart attack later and I'm getting back to taking photos on a regular basis again. I really enjoy using my old Pentax glass on the Fuji and there is always so much inspiration here so why not come back to the fold.

I sold quite a bit of my gear so my choices are limited at the moment. I'll start August simple with an M50 1.7 on the X Pro 3. Maybe all one film simulation but I'm not sure about that yet.
Also need to remember to add the theme days to my calendar this time :-)

See you in the daily.

Mike B

Welcome back Mike 8)

08-01-2022, 03:19 PM   #35

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
Oh dear (he says, having gone with M42 this month as well…) What was your gripe with the M42?

---------- Post added 2nd Aug 2022 at 07:44 AM ----------

Welcome back Mike 8)
Thank you sir - good to be back
08-01-2022, 04:01 PM - 2 Likes   #36
Pentaxian

After a long hiatus I'm going to give the Single In a try with a Pentax A 50 1.4. I actually bought the lens several years ago as a night landscape lens and was very excited to give it a try but haven't got to use it until now. I'm hoping this works out.
08-01-2022, 06:03 PM - 1 Like   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So many retrurning to the SIC this month, I'm in good company! welcome back to you all.

08-01-2022, 09:11 PM - 1 Like   #38
Pentaxian

Hm. Since i already shot with it but computer is closed for the evening, i guess my choice is (again?) K-s2 and M85/2. I called this team a few months ago but never got off my virtual arse to post :√|
08-01-2022, 10:04 PM - 2 Likes   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Two in a row?

I enjoyed my posts in April, missed May and June, and made it through July with only a couple of misses. Hoping to make it two months in a row now with the August challenge.
Like many of you, I like taking close ups. I have all 3 of the current "true" Macro Pentax lenses. Ordinarily, I reach for the HD DA 35mm F2.8 when I want to shoot very close. I love the IQ of that lens.

In April, I decided to re-acquaint myself with the D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro.

This month, I'm picking up the D-FA 50mm F2.8. Macro. I bought it from a Forum member two years ago and have never really used it. Looking forward to getting to know it.

Greg
08-01-2022, 10:15 PM - 1 Like   #40
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Dark viewfinder when stopped down and lack of catch in focus. Preset lens helps the first this month.
08-01-2022, 11:36 PM - 1 Like   #41
Pentaxian

Dark viewfinder when stopped down and lack of catch in focus. Preset lens helps the first this month.

Ah ok. Switching the auto/manual switch on this to auto opens it up for a bright viewfinder for focusing- just need to go back to manual (I think) for it to stop down for the photo if desired.

And I’ve used catch in focus perhaps three times ever xP So I shouldn’t miss it (nothing against it; I just don’t think of it)
08-02-2022, 12:59 AM - 1 Like   #42
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Ah ok. Switching the auto/manual switch on this to auto opens it up for a bright viewfinder for focusing- just need to go back to manual (I think) for it to stop down for the photo if desired.

And I’ve used catch in focus perhaps three times ever xP So I shouldn’t miss it (nothing against it; I just don’t think of it)
My lens last month didn't have switch. It had auto pin which I had to jam down to get the lens working. Therefore there were no quick shift from wide open to desired aperture. Basically you had to focus at aperture you desired to shoot.

CIF is very handy in shooting moving targets. Basically turns manual lens into semi-auto. Keep button down and try to follow target with focus.
08-02-2022, 02:22 AM - 1 Like   #43
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

CIF is very handy in shooting moving targets
I also use it for hand held Macro.
08-04-2022, 02:11 PM - 2 Likes   #44
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

4 days in, 4 pics up but time seems to be escaping me. Still not started commenting but I will tomorrow
08-04-2022, 02:44 PM - 1 Like   #45
Pentaxian

My lens last month didn't have switch. It had auto pin which I had to jam down to get the lens working. Therefore there were no quick shift from wide open to desired aperture. Basically you had to focus at aperture you desired to shoot.

CIF is very handy in shooting moving targets. Basically turns manual lens into semi-auto. Keep button down and try to follow target with focus.
Ah that would definitely make a big difference.

CiF always sounds really good. I just haven’t put in the time to get a handle on it - or get it to be in my memory of tools to use.