Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-08-2022, 10:09 PM - 1 Like   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Riggomatic Quote
I do that every once in a while with AF lenses, when I try to hit the select focus button and click up on the directional pad.
Same here - reading the manual can be rewarding. Recently, I discovered one or two really awesome options (which I have forgotten later on )

09-09-2022, 02:24 AM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
I do the same. Oftentimes I compose a shot knowing I will likely crop anyway. I think the only APS-C lens which really doesn't work in FF on the K-1 is the Rokinon 8mm.
Actually that's the one later re-issued with a removable hood so that it can be used as a circular (almost) fish-eye on FF :-)
09-09-2022, 03:28 AM   #48
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JensE Quote
Actually that's the one later re-issued with a removable hood so that it can be used as a circular (almost) fish-eye on FF
It was not the fisheye effect that put me off, it was the extreme vignetting on the K-1. Otherwise, it's fantastic lens on APS-C. I gave my copy to my daughter to use, I might need to replace it, though I think I might pick up a DA 10-17mm to use with my KP, it is a great lens.
I will contnue to use my M42 Takumar 17mm on my K-1.
09-09-2022, 03:54 AM - 1 Like   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
It was not the fisheye effect that put me off, it was the extreme vignetting on the K-1.
The corners of circular fish-eyes are by definition fully black, see e.g. Sigma 4.5mm Circular FE HSM - PentaxForums.com
The reason it is 'almost' a circular fish-eye is that the image circle is actually a bit bigger than 24mm in diameter: Rokinon 8mm f/3.5 Fisheye for $179 at B&H - PentaxForums.com

My fish-eye of choice on the K-1 is btw. the 12mm f/2.8 Samyang. In contrast to the 8mm, it is excellent even wide open.

09-10-2022, 07:06 AM - 1 Like   #50
Pentaxian

It seems that I need to reconsider what it means that the lens is heavy... My 35-105 weighs around 600 g and I must say that I can feel it in my hand/fingers when holding the camera and shooting with it. It is partly due to the ergonomics of the KP and I actually switched to my good old K50 which has a typical, large grip. This particular lens feels much better when paired with the K50. The KP is a lovely camera and I wouldn't trade it for anything but to me, the large grip is still too small for the bulky lenses.
09-10-2022, 12:30 PM - 1 Like   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
As I decided to participate in my first Daily In I choose lens which I don't use to force myself to give a chance for it. Why I don't use it? Becouse I have lovely DFA*50. After 10 days of shooting only with A28-135 I was missing so much, as todd named, kettlebell, that today after special walk out for Daily In session, I had to go out again but with K1II and DFA*50 kit. If someone interested please visit wrona666 User Profile | DeviantArt. Enjoy.
09-11-2022, 02:54 AM   #52
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LukaszWro Quote
If someone interested please visit
Some good images there.

09-12-2022, 12:30 AM - 1 Like   #53
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Hmmmm … I’m considering dipping out O_O

It’s just feeling more like work than fun. I can’t seem to find the wherewithal to spend the time on thinking about doing it properly. Haven’t decided completely yet, but I might just leave you guys to it for a while.
09-12-2022, 01:23 AM   #54
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
It’s just feeling more like work than fun. I can’t seem to find the wherewithal to spend the time on thinking about doing it properly. Haven’t decided completely yet, but I might just leave you guys to it for a while.
Well, sometimes taking a break can be more beneficial in the long term than staying without any joy from what you're doing...
09-12-2022, 03:00 AM   #55
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris_K Quote
Well, sometimes taking a break can be more beneficial in the long term than staying without any joy from what you're doing...

That’s the thought, yes.
09-12-2022, 04:16 AM   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

thank you robgski, and tsuken yeah, it seems hard and almost like work with that pressure that you have to make it, even when you don't want to, for me however shows some new look and visions, what i am looking for, as force me to everyday shoting and processing, what in few months back stopped, because of war in ukraine and felt depressed thus.
09-12-2022, 08:52 AM   #57
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It’s just feeling more like work than fun.
Sounds like time for a break.
09-12-2022, 12:43 PM - 1 Like   #58
Loyal Site Supporter

I think some Karate thoughts have infected your mind, not leaving any room for your photo mind to play. Perhaps you can do a selfie photo diary of your training and present it along with your new belt when you finish this level. Enjoy
09-12-2022, 04:54 PM - 1 Like   #59
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Or some long exposure moves... for selfie day.
09-13-2022, 04:26 AM - 4 Likes   #60
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
I think some Karate thoughts have infected your mind, not leaving any room for your photo mind to play. Perhaps you can do a selfie photo diary of your training and present it along with your new belt when you finish this level. Enjoy

That’s probably part of it; also work is just being rather pressured and annoying at times lately, and I’m just rushing in to my office, working, rushing then to the station and getting home … rinse and repeat.

Maybe the zoom/telephoto ain’t sitting right either.

I quite like the training diary idea, but again: wrong lens. On that though: I went to the UFC gym close by the hospital yesterday and did some karate training. It was excellent.