Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 48 Likes Search this Thread
09-14-2022, 01:07 AM - 2 Likes   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I need to get organised and comment more. The trouble is I can lose an hour looking at film cameras on eBay lol. I missed a couple of days over the weekend but hopefully that will be it. My processing moved from LR mobile on a tablet to LR Classic and PS on a macbook. I think I need to get a faster workflow going because its taking ages onwards and upwards.

09-18-2022, 03:59 AM - 2 Likes   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am behind on my posting and hope to get caught up today. No need to put my picture on milk cartons yet. 😂
09-18-2022, 03:09 PM - 2 Likes   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
I need to get organised and comment more. The trouble is I can lose an hour looking at film cameras on eBay lol. I missed a couple of days over the weekend but hopefully that will be it. My processing moved from LR mobile on a tablet to LR Classic and PS on a macbook. I think I need to get a faster workflow going because its taking ages onwards and upwards.

Developing in LR Mobile on my iPad is certainly quicker than in LR Classic on the Mac. Really immediate (the M1 chip in the iPad ain’t too shabby either), easier, and quicker.

… but the desktop app has the edge in terms of results. Mostly it’s not enough of a factor that I bother, but sometimes, some photos, I do take to the Mac.

In other news, I might be defecting from SiC to DiC - from next month anyway; it seems a bit late at this juncture to do so for September. xP

So I’ll see yous fullas and fullesses in October. 8)
09-18-2022, 03:22 PM - 2 Likes   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
In other news, I might be defecting from SiC to DiC - from next month anyway; it seems a bit late at this juncture to do so for September. xP
You'll be very welcome!

09-22-2022, 12:33 AM   #35
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
You'll be very welcome!

fanx
09-23-2022, 09:16 AM - 1 Like   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Today is my last 50 lens. It turns out that I've got 22 in total. Some might argue that this is about 20 too many but they all have their own different characters. On the other hand, it might be time for a clear out to make some space on the shelves for some new things (and make some money to pay for them!).
I will start some zooms at 50mm tomorrow or maybe use a few of my favourites for a second time.
09-23-2022, 09:31 AM - 1 Like   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Going out of town with only a rough itinerary in mind. Taking the SIC combo, a 28-200mm walk around, a Theta z, and maybe a few light paint tools, we will see what happens…

09-23-2022, 09:40 AM - 1 Like   #38
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
I will start some zooms at 50mm tomorrow...
Great idea! Hopefully the project is fun for you.
09-24-2022, 05:01 PM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There has been a sudden loss in my family today which means I'm going to be out of pocket this week so bowing out of the challenge early. Cheers
09-25-2022, 01:47 AM   #40
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
There has been a sudden loss in my family today which means I'm going to be out of pocket this week so bowing out of the challenge early. Cheers
Sorry to hear that, Todd. Condolences.
09-25-2022, 02:03 AM   #41
Pentaxian

Sorry to hear, Todd. Best wishes and aroha to you and family
09-25-2022, 04:45 AM   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Condolences to you and the family Todd.
09-25-2022, 07:50 AM   #43
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

There has been a sudden loss in my family today
My condolences
09-25-2022, 12:11 PM - 1 Like   #44
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
So sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you and your family.

---------- Post added 25-09-22 at 12:14 PM ----------

October thread is up! Who's in?

Daily in October 2022 - PentaxForums.com
09-25-2022, 11:14 PM - 1 Like   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
fanx
Tsuken....tsuken...tsuken...

Yaaay

---------- Post added 25-09-22 at 11:36 PM ----------

I have some Ilford FP4 that expired in about 1992. It came in a bulk loader, quite a bit too, maybe ten rolls worth. The shots I got were OK, very grainy but OK. Anyway, I was watching a YouTube video about scanning with a dslr in which the guy used a method of inverting the negative that I hadn't previously tried. In the tone curve you move the left hand black point across to the start of the histogram reading, then up to the top, do the reverse with the light point then move the mid grey up or down the line. Its a revelation! With expired film you generally over expose because the film loses sensitivity over time. I over cooked these and they were dark! Luckily, with film you can rescue overexposure more than under. Some took 15secs to scan! I didn't have high hopes but wow! I will post a couple on sat when they were shot and a couple on yesterdays when they were developed and processed if that's OK, in the meanwhile, here's a sample I have three rolls left. I so wish I had more
Attached Images

Last edited by Cerebum; 09-25-2022 at 11:37 PM.