Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2022, 11:35 PM - 2 Likes   #61
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by NatureHike Quote
Got the 100mm WR (not the new one) on the way, may go back to the single-in challenge for a month. How hard is it to keep up with both?
You've already received a lot of encouragement so yeah - it is both possible and enjoyable. That's my plan for November, too, but some time ago I decided to give myself the freedom of skipping a day or two if the time gets really short. It's also important to remember that it's supposed to be fun(!), not a duty

Having said that; I skipped yesterday as I cannot get rid of a cold which is really annoying after almost a week. Today I feel slightly better and I can even see some sun outside so there's a chance for a photo.

Last edited by Chris_K; 10-25-2022 at 12:46 AM.
10-25-2022, 06:39 AM - 1 Like   #62
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
congratulations - it's not difficult keeping up with both (i've been doing it for several years)
thanks - and thanks for the detailed review of the lens.

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris_K Quote
You've already received a lot of encouragement so yeah - it is both possible and enjoyable. That's my plan for November, too, but some time ago I decided to give myself the freedom of skipping a day or two if the time gets really short. It's also important to remember that it's supposed to be fun(!), not a duty

Having said that; I skipped yesterday as I cannot get rid of a cold which is really annoying after almost a week. Today I feel slightly better and I can even see some sun outside so there's a chance for a photo.
Glad you are getting past the cold. I definitely agree on the having fun part.
10-25-2022, 07:38 AM - 2 Likes   #63
Pentaxian

Glad you are getting past the cold.
Many thanks! And I managed to go out for a while and take a shot in the sun. Simple yet so enjoyable thing
10-25-2022, 10:33 AM - 2 Likes   #64
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Receiving a rented 150-450mm on Thursday in anticipation of a weekend trip up which will include some birds and other wildlife.

10-25-2022, 04:18 PM - 1 Like   #65
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Got the 100mm WR (not the new one) on the way, may go back to the single-in challenge for a month. How hard is it to keep up with both?
I've been doing both for a few years now. I like having a lens for SiC that I use every day and then picking up one or two others to put in my bag everyday for the DiC. Once you are sorting the images it doesn't take that much longer. And it's definitely good fun. Try it for a month and see.
10-26-2022, 02:04 AM - 2 Likes   #66
Pentaxian

Caught up with posting, not caught up with commenting.
Will get on with the latter later today (hopefully).
10-26-2022, 10:33 AM - 2 Likes   #67
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, i missed a couple of days completely. No excuses, I have been testing a camera that turned out to be horrible. It looks nice on the shelf though I will try again tomorrow

10-26-2022, 11:01 AM - 1 Like   #68
Pentaxian

Uuuh! it has been busy for me(good thing that I'll get to go back to touring to DK next month, it is more easy than doing it all by your self), so commenting has been lagging. But it has been fun so far. Winter darkness has snug up on us, so days are super short all of a sudden...bummer. it is about the time to take my tripod out..
10-26-2022, 03:47 PM - 2 Likes   #69
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
November thread is up!

Daily in November 2022 - PentaxForums.com
10-26-2022, 04:57 PM   #70
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote

coolness - thank you....
10-29-2022, 03:31 AM - 1 Like   #71
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The 150-450mm lens arrived a day late, so I'll have to become familiar with it during my weekend trip which includes a wildlife refuge and maybe some migrating whales or dolphins if I am fortunate.
10-29-2022, 06:13 AM   #72
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks buddy
10-30-2022, 03:48 PM - 2 Likes   #73
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Anyone had the latest covid booster? prepare to feel wasted for several days! I had at least two days where I didnt touch a camera! yeah, I was that rough. still, I am all caught up now, bar the days I missed. one I did get whilst testing some Rollei Retro 400s pushed to 1600 was some corralled trollies just for Raf
10-30-2022, 04:05 PM   #74
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
Anyone had the latest covid booster?
I didn't feel too bad after mine. The normal flu vaccine made my arm sore though.
10-31-2022, 02:41 AM   #75
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
Anyone had the latest covid booster? prepare to feel wasted for several days! I had at least two days where I didnt touch a camera! yeah, I was that rough. still, I am all caught up now, bar the days I missed. one I did get whilst testing some Rollei Retro 400s pushed to 1600 was some corralled trollies just for Raf

Love it 8)

I’ve had my - what? - fourth I think dose. First was Astra-Zeneca; second and third Pfizer; fourth was Moderna. Really only the AZ that hit me substantively.

---------- Post added 31st Oct 2022 at 08:42 PM ----------

Thank you good sir ^_^

In silly news, my pic of Sully stretching on our bed the other day hit Explore…