Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 171 Likes Search this Thread
09-28-2022, 12:24 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
I will be in Utah from Oct. 15-21
Excellent, which national park(s) do you intend to visit?

09-29-2022, 08:15 PM - 4 Likes   #17
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I think I'm ready to try a reboot. Again

Our long, wet winter is finally looking like turning into spring, and I'll be visiting New Zealand briefly for a conference at the end of the month. I really need to get properly familiar with my K-3 Mark III, so the new(ish) HD DA* 16-50/2.8 PLM might be a suitable candidate.
09-29-2022, 10:46 PM - 5 Likes   #18
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I have enjoyed my brake so much that I will prolong it thru October. I think I'll be back for MoNovember.

Going to Italy in early October. So stoked. I haven't traveled since 2019. I think I take manual set with me, so best shots will be posted in M club.
09-29-2022, 11:24 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
I have enjoyed my brake so much that I will prolong it thru October. I think I'll be back for MoNovember.

Going to Italy in early October. So stoked. I haven't traveled since 2019. I think I take manual set with me, so best shots will be posted in M club.
Sandy, Excellent news, it is a great little lens and Ismo travelling as well, roll on November. I have a week away at the start of October so as a nice landscape/travel lens , I think I will go with the HD DA 15-30mm 2.8, I haven't tried it in the SIC yet.

09-30-2022, 12:00 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
I'm in. October is for deer hunting (with a camera!) so I'm going to use the DA* 60-250 and also the HD DA 1.4 teleconverter at times when more reach is required. I tried the combo out for the first time this evening.

Slightly more useful as a deer spotting lens than the DA15. The portrait will be hard to top.

Last edited by JensE; 09-30-2022 at 12:23 AM.
09-30-2022, 12:18 AM - 1 Like   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris_K Quote
I'm going to migrate to DiC in October. Too many choices. I own ~15 lenses and I really feel like I should sell some of them. OTOH, I struggle a lot not to buy this beautiful A 50/2.8 macro from the marketplace... You know these dilemmas
I think I'll be back in November. Have fun, I will be lurking in
With your style of photography shown in the SiCs, I'm sure you'd make very good use of a 50mm macro. If you don't have one, you could replace one of the fifties with it .

Not intending to feed an LBA though: even using manual macros almost exclusively at longer focal lengths, I do prefer at the auto-focus DFA at 50mm, despite its scratchy and somewhat flimsy manual feel. Optically superb, the precise AF helps a lot to show things like 'people and what they are working on' or overview+detail documentary shots. Quick-shift is handy when it doesn't work as intended.

Have fun in the DiC!
09-30-2022, 12:41 AM - 2 Likes   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My set of lenses just grew yesterday by 3 lenses - one * and two HD FA Ltd. Can't wait to put them all to use. The intention is to replace some lenses that I wasn't fully happy with, so I also need to start selling.

I will be hiking (no camping) for 3 days in the mountains over the coming long weekend and bicycle touring for 10 days at the end of the month. Without camping gear on both occasions, it's not overly critical, but I still want something compact and lightweight, so the DFA*50 is out. The DFA21 isn't exactly small and doesn't make too much sense in a hiking/cycling set with the KP either. So that leaves the HD FA43 as the lens for October to complement the DA18-135+DA15 (+DA55-300PLM on the bicycle) as a fast lens for isolating things and low-light people shots. Should be a good combo, off now to do AF fine tuning before my next meeting .

09-30-2022, 01:16 AM - 6 Likes   #23
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JensE Quote
that leaves the HD FA43 as the lens for October to complement the DA18-135 as a fast lens for isolating things and low-light people shots. Should be a good combo
It's a great combo! This is one of my favourite travel shots ever:

St Peter's from the Tiber
09-30-2022, 06:19 AM - 1 Like   #24
Pentaxian

With your style of photography shown in the SiCs, I'm sure you'd make very good use of a 50mm macro. If you don't have one, you could replace one of the fifties with it
Thank you... Actually, I did decide to buy it and I was the first one to answer in the sale thread but seemingly someone contacted the seller earlier... Well, I'm sure other nice lenses will pop up soon
I must admit that I prefer AF lenses but sometimes I cannot resist a good piece of mechanics and optics...
09-30-2022, 10:44 AM - 1 Like   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'd better choose a lens for October before I got to bed.
09-30-2022, 11:38 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
... so as a nice landscape/travel lens , I think I will go with the HD DA 15-30mm 2.8, I haven't tried it in the SIC yet.
Indeed a great landscape lens, but somehow my idea of a "nice travel lens" is fairly different. It depends on the mode of transport though. If I drive somewhere and stay at a "base camp" with photographic opportunities on day trips, the HD FA 15-30/2.8 will come along. If I'm moving from place to place, I like to travel light and pack accordingly.
09-30-2022, 11:49 AM - 3 Likes   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

i'm with dfa*50.
09-30-2022, 04:45 PM - 1 Like   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I picked the SMC 28mm f3.5 for October. Should be some fall color to capture with it.
10-01-2022, 02:01 AM - 1 Like   #29
Loyal Site Supporter

Indeed a great landscape lens, but somehow my idea of a "nice travel lens" is fairly different. It depends on the mode of transport though. If I drive somewhere and stay at a "base camp" with photographic opportunities on day trips, the HD FA 15-30/2.8 will come along. If I'm moving from place to place, I like to travel light and pack accordingly.
lol too true, it is not airline friendly but this willl be a car trip, I'm even thinking of bringing the 6x7 ( might need the trailer)
10-01-2022, 04:54 AM - 2 Likes   #30
Closed Account

Well i've joined,be a 1st for me,so,i'm going with my K-70 and a vintage lens Kaligar Auto 135mm f2.8,why,well i last use this lens xmas time on a E-m1 and its not been out since,plus i like it