Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-28-2022, 11:19 AM - 2 Likes   #121
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JensE Quote
No coastal walk for me today, despite wonderful sunny weather. Needed to take a day off from family and instead work :-(
Excellent, now you can buy more pentax gear without guilt as you worked for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

10-29-2022, 03:28 AM   #122
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I will be travelling this weekend, and rain is in the forecast. I Will not be using the SIC lens in the rain, instead I'll travel with the DFA 28-10mm WR, and a rented 150-450mm. That thing is a beast, but I am sure to get some good images from the wildlife refuge I plan to visit. Monday is Hallowween, so you can guess what my SIC image will probably be, but how to make it unique?
10-31-2022, 07:21 AM - 1 Like   #123
Closed Account

Photos: Albums
Well,thats the last pic for oct with that lens,glad it is,but then again as said before by some,its taught me a thing or two about it
10-31-2022, 05:22 PM - 4 Likes   #124
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Month with the SMC 28mm f3.5: I really like this lens, and I've considered buying another copy, just in case .
Great handling, wonderful colors and easily fits in my coat pocket as a second lens if needed. It is definitely a keeper for me.

A some of my favorites for the month:

10-31-2022, 05:33 PM - 5 Likes   #125
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

October is over, it's Nov 1st here by now and I haven't made up my mind on a November s.i.c. yet. I guess I'll give it a try, again with the intention of limiting my post-processing time.

October has likely seen more exposures with my lens of choice than any other month before: 43mm provide a handy shortish 'normal' field of view on the K-1 and a short telephoto on the KP, something I have always liked for a focused view. The short trip at the beginning and longer one at the end of October provided ample photographic opportunities and somehow whenever I used a different lens, the 43 quickly gravitated back to the camera body, because it was just the right lens for the next shot. I am happy that I bought the new HD version, it is amazingly robust against flare, produces nice round background highlights and still wonderful subtle starbursts stopped down.

Will it be able, as planned, to replace both my F50/1.7 and HD DA 40 as my new compact lens in that range? I'm not entirely sure about it yet. While the 77 is sometimes referred to as "purple monster", the 43 could be called "coma king": I've never seen any lens with a non-trivial number of elements that needs to be stepped down this far to more or less get rid of this aberration. I'm sure it is the main factor for the limited resolution outside of the center at wider apertures and long focus distance. The lens seems to perform better up close and totally surprised me on the 13mm extension ring.

After a month of exploration, I think I found pixi-dust in several of my hundreds of pictures and overall I am very pleased with the results, even the technically imperfect ones. It is an absolute joy to use the 43 through the viewfinder. Life view is a different story. So overall, I think it will replace the two lenses in my compact setups. Whenever I need a well-corrected lens, there is the DA*50 now. Enough babble, on to some (too many, I know) of my favorites from the s.i.c.

Hard to believe, but they are the same species:

Weather at the beginning of October ...

... was a lot more challenging than in the last week:

All to be found in Single in October 2022 HD PENTAX-FA 1:1.9 43mm.

Last edited by JensE; 11-01-2022 at 07:16 AM.
10-31-2022, 08:09 PM - 5 Likes   #126
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

October wrap up - Takumar 58mm f2

I've been waiting for this lens to come up in the Twelve Months of Takumars; what little I used it before October showed some really nice rendering, sharpness, and great color from this uncommon little lens...

I was rewarded with a great month of shots - everything from streets and tree frogs to sunsets and pumpkins - all handled with aplomb....

the minimum filing distance a bit long (but no problem with shooting with a helicoid-adapter) and the bare-metal aperture blades make this a difficult lens to shoot into direct light....

but that is it - no other issues surfaced with the lens at all...

and the shots:

and the rest of the month's shots:

Single In Challenge - October '22 | Flickr

in short - the lens is a keeper....

on to MoNovember!
11-01-2022, 12:08 AM - 2 Likes   #127
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Riggomatic Quote
A some of my favorites for the month:
and
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
and the shots:
- sandwiched in between your shots, it's interesting to note that my picks from the month look rather subdued and dark, even though I have taken some very vibrant ones - the most vibrant subject is present in b&w. It will be interesting to see what tonality MoNovember will bring.

11-01-2022, 02:07 AM   #128
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sometimes the images I upLoad to Flickr become darker or lighter after the upload, very frustrating.
11-01-2022, 02:57 AM - 1 Like   #129
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Sometimes the images I upLoad to Flickr become darker or lighter after the upload, very frustrating.
Have you tried opening the images that you upoad locally from your computer in the browser? For me, there was a discrepancy locally as well, because I forgot that I had used different monitor settings and matching color profile a while back and only corrected that in Darktable, not system-wide. Consequently, the locally opened images had the same wrong rendering as the ones uploaded to Flickr, nothing to blame Flickr for. Once I corrected the system display profile as well, my uploaded images again matched my edits :-)
11-01-2022, 03:15 AM - 1 Like   #130
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JensE Quote
Have you tried opening the images that you upload locally from your computer in the browser?
I had not tried that, thanks for the tip.

October was a month of many images due to having numerous visitors which, along with the wonderful autumn conditions, prompted me to do a lot of sightseeing. I was not surprised to find the FA 24-90 IF AL was up to just about situation I found myself in. If I can get the zoom creep repaired, I will keep this lens for years to come.