Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 169 Likes Search this Thread
10-27-2022, 12:04 PM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
100mm WR is in the mail back to UsedPhotoPro - slow aperture. Still in though - going to procrastinate my pick until the 1st.

10-27-2022, 01:10 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Chris_K Quote
You know that the theme is fully optional (although very appealing to many folks here, including me), so it shouldn't be the deciding factor. If you can join - go for it and then decide on what conditions.
Don't worry, I really meant that I like the theme. If anything, my reasons for not joining would be very similar to Sandy's (2) - even though not for regulatory, but other timing reasons. Having new lenses doesn't mean I need to single them right away, I don't intend for November to be the last month. But other fun lenses come to mind for monochromes in addition to my likely best color-corrected ones :-)
10-27-2022, 02:41 PM - 2 Likes   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm in with my perfect b&w camera: GR3.
Good choice! I'm in with my new GR iiix.
10-27-2022, 03:21 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm in with my perfect b&w camera: GR3.
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Don't make me want to buy a GRiii
I spent a holidays month with K-3 Mk III and 20-40 and frankly it somehow healed me from desire to buy GR. I never felt this duo getting in my way (ok, some kids were making fun of me seeing old guy with camera(!), now that's sooo XIX century ). Plus I am not much of street photographer, if I want something small and really unnoticeable I have rather good smartphone that can shot RAW if needed.

10-27-2022, 03:55 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter

Hmmm I think I need something light, potentially expendable, versatile, so The DAL 18-55 is the lens of choice. I have 2 trips planned for the month, one via car and another on a pushbike, where the weight is a factor, other than the 40mm XS I don't think I could get a lighter lens
10-27-2022, 04:06 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
Hmmm I think I need something light, potentially expendable, versatile, so The DAL 18-55 is the lens of choice. I have 2 trips planned for the month, one via car and another on a pushbike, where the weight is a factor, other than the 40mm XS I don't think I could get a lighter lens
DA 40 limited, DA 15 limited, DA 35 macro limited, DA 21 limited, DA 70 limited, DA 35, DA 50 might be lighter just off the top of my head. M 28 is quite little too. Or the A 28. Or the FA 35-70. Possibly the M or A 50/1.7 or 2.... Takumar 55/2.2? Industar Fiddley 50 for sure.

Or the GR iii or GR iiix.
10-27-2022, 04:08 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
DA 40 limited, DA 15 limited, DA 35 macro limited, DA 21 limited, DA 70 limited, DA 35, DA 50 might be lighter just off the top of my head. M 28 is quite little too. Or the A 28. Or the FA 35-70. Possibly the M or A 50/1.7 or 2.... Takumar 55/2.2? Industar Fiddley 50 for sure.

Or the GR iii or GR iiix.
lol you missed potentially expendable.......

10-27-2022, 04:10 PM - 1 Like   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jersey Quote
I spent a holidays month with K-3 Mk III and 20-40 and frankly it somehow healed me from desire to buy GR. I never felt this duo getting in my way (ok, some kids were making fun of me seeing old guy with camera(!), now that's sooo XIX century ). Plus I am not much of street photographer, if I want something small and really unnoticeable I have rather good smartphone that can shot RAW if needed.
I'm not a street guy either but I love my GR iii and iiix and use them for everything. The difference from a smartphone has to be seen to be believed. And the GR is smaller than most phones these days.

---------- Post added 27-10-22 at 04:11 PM ----------

Ha! So I did. The FA 35-70 would still fit. And the plastic fantastics.
10-27-2022, 04:17 PM - 1 Like   #24
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
I'm not a street guy either but I love my GR iii and iiix and use them for everything. The difference from a smartphone has to be seen to be believed. And the GR is smaller than most phones these days.

---------- Post added 27-10-22 at 04:11 PM ----------

Ha! So I did. The FA 35-70 would still fit. And the plastic fantastics.
The fellow riders (3000 approx) might have a few dodgy types amongst them ( me included)
10-27-2022, 04:20 PM - 1 Like   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I thought I had a IRIX 15mm Blackstone version to try for next month. Opened the box, and it was the Firefly version...Stupid stock photos.
You would think a camera store would know what they had when they put it up for sale. Goes back tomorrow.

Still looking.
10-27-2022, 05:30 PM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

40mm XS
Great lens, and easily replaced at a fairly low cost.
10-27-2022, 10:19 PM - 1 Like   #27
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jersey Quote
Plus I am not much of street photographer

Sure - me neither - but the compactness of the GR3 gives much more than "that" - I mean that it's so small that I'm likely to take it with me and take it out to snap a photo much more than with the DSLR (even with the KP + DA21, which is quite a small combo).
Of course, YMMV

---------- Post added 10-27-22 at 10:19 PM ----------

10-28-2022, 03:22 AM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I mean that it's so small that I'm likely to take it with me and take it out to snap a photo much more than with the DSLR
Exactly this. Though I've started using my iPhone 12 more often, I still would like to have the familiar functionality of a compact DSLR or GRiii
10-28-2022, 02:21 PM   #29
Closed Account

Well,it was my first challenge(oct),it had it highs and lows,and yes,i did learn a lot with what i used,once bitten twice shy on that one
I'll give next month a go,but deffo with a different lens
By the way,i'm a bit lost,this the MoNovember challenge or single in etc
Anyway,during this month of october i've been busy on a well known auction site and bought these
Ricoh Rikenon 50mm F2 Lens Reviews - Ricoh Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database
Chinon MC (Close focus) 35-100mm F3.5-4.3 Lens Reviews - Chinon Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database
Sigma Zoom-Master Macro 35-70mm F2.8-4 Lens Reviews - Sigma Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

All i must say for the total of £32 all in
The 50mm is hitting the number 1 so far
the 35-70 i've tried a few times but unsure
as for the 35-100,i cant quite work that one out yet
What do you lot think,in fact,i'd go fo the gamble and let you lot choose
10-28-2022, 02:31 PM - 3 Likes   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by shedendman Quote
Well,it was my first challenge(oct),it had it highs and lows,and yes,i did learn a lot with what i used,once bitten twice shy on that one
I'll give next month a go,but deffo with a different lens
By the way,i'm a bit lost,this the MoNovember challenge or single in etc
Anyway,during this month of october i've been busy on a well known auction site and bought these
Ricoh Rikenon 50mm F2 Lens Reviews - Ricoh Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database
Chinon MC (Close focus) 35-100mm F3.5-4.3 Lens Reviews - Chinon Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database
Sigma Zoom-Master Macro 35-70mm F2.8-4 Lens Reviews - Sigma Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

All i must say for the total of £32 all in
The 50mm is hitting the number 1 so far
the 35-70 i've tried a few times but unsure
as for the 35-100,i cant quite work that one out yet
What do you lot think,in fact,i'd go fo the gamble and let you lot choose

It is still the single in challenge but just a challenge within a challenge. I usually shoot in color, and pop a couple B&W in during the month, in November I'll shoot mostly B&W and pop a couple color shots in.
Some things just look better in color...