Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 169 Likes Search this Thread
11-14-2022, 10:13 PM   #106
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jersey Quote
Hey, I leave for this month. My cat was diagnosed with cancer so I am not in the mood for running around with camera. Sorry guys.
Oh dear, enjoy your time with your friend

11-15-2022, 01:44 AM - 3 Likes   #107
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks, for the next few weeks until his time comes he will be the most pampered cat in the world
11-15-2022, 05:08 AM   #108
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jersey Quote
Thanks, for the next few weeks until his time comes he will be the most pampered cat in the world

as he should be - I'm sorry to have to read this; losing a family member (whether it is a pet or otherwise) is always a painful experience...
11-15-2022, 05:10 AM   #109
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

as it is the 15th, checking in on the SIC participants...

how is that lens treating you?

enjoying MoNovember?

don't be shy - tell us all about it!

(:

11-15-2022, 05:46 AM - 1 Like   #110
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
M50/1.4 works as expected. No surprices or dissapointments with it. Also monochrome is the right choice to creatively at this time of year. All in all it's been fun participating again after the break.
11-15-2022, 07:19 AM - 1 Like   #111
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm enjoying the Tamron 90mm. It's sharp, long enough to get a little more wildlife diversity when walking around with it. It has that close feel that I like with 50mm macro lenses but not so close that you scare away the bugs. I do think it was a really unforgivable design choice to put the MF clutch on it but not have it disengage the screw drive - why bother? Awesome lens though, I will probably hold onto it for a while. It will eventually get sold and replaced with a Pentax lens with quick shift though.

MoNovember is fun. I'm going to stop sticking to it as tightly though, post some colorful photos before everything turns brown for the winter.
11-15-2022, 08:52 AM - 1 Like   #112
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The DA 16-85mm has lived up to every positive review I've read here on PF. Coupled with the KP, it is a great lens. While I do miss the longer reach of the DA 18-135mm WR it replaced, I am very happy with the images this combo produces.

Last edited by robgski; 11-15-2022 at 09:25 AM.
11-15-2022, 11:36 AM - 1 Like   #113
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The da35 is not being used as I expected - I’m so busy its use has been more at the macro end than I originally planned. Many shots would look different with the 100 macro so the experience is useful. Having basically no practical limits on mfd is very helpful. Focusing can be slow… moreover it’s not quite full frame but not quite crop only so use on the Sony a7Riii using the Monster adapter has been limited by both factors. The KP has been excellent with this lens but the “normal lens perspective” has been in use more than I had thought I’d shoot this month. (I envisioned splitting use every other day with the FF Sony. )
11-15-2022, 12:21 PM - 2 Likes   #114
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by NatureHike Quote
I'm enjoying the Tamron 90mm. It's sharp, long enough to get a little more wildlife diversity when walking around with it. It has that close feel that I like with 50mm macro lenses but not so close that you scare away the bugs. I do think it was a really unforgivable design choice to put the MF clutch on it but not have it disengage the screw drive - why bother? Awesome lens though, I will probably hold onto it for a while. It will eventually get sold and replaced with a Pentax lens with quick shift though.

My thoughts exactly. This is a fabulous lens, very sharp and very pleasant to use - one of my favourites. But the AF/MF switching can be annoying. Other than that - perfect. I don't need WR so I'll probably stay with it for a longer while, but the quick shift would be nice indeed...

And my GR3 works as expected... The perfect camera; always with me (which really is an important factor). I set two user modes for two BW presets (both M mode) and I barely need anything more, at least this month. Days have been very busy but the challenge is still enjoyable.
Having said that; I'll be away for two days; still shooting so if I have sth interesting, I'll post it in the respective daily threads.

---------- Post added 11-15-22 at 12:22 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
as it is the 15th, checking in on the SIC participants...
And how about you? Enjoying the Tak 105?
11-15-2022, 01:41 PM - 1 Like   #115
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris_K Quote
The perfect camera; always with me (which really is an important factor). I set two user modes for two BW presets (both M mode) and I barely need anything more, at least this month.
Your endorsement does not make it easier for me to resist purchasing one for myself.
11-15-2022, 03:24 PM - 4 Likes   #116
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm really enjoying the GR iiix. I think the 40mm suits me better than the ordinary GR iii's 28mm. The new lens is very sharp and it's the perfect camera for Monovember with 4 b&w presets. Most of the shots I've posted this month have been sooc jpegs which are really very good and I've had to adapt my workflow a bit to deal with this.

The iiix is so good I'm thinking of selling the iii.
11-15-2022, 04:01 PM - 1 Like   #117
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've been happy with the results of the SMC 135 f3.5. Not super sharp, wide open, but stopping down to f8 or more it does a decent job.

It seems to be keeping my attention along with the MoNovember pretty well this month.
11-15-2022, 04:43 PM - 1 Like   #118
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris_K Quote

And how about you? Enjoying the Tak 105?

I think I'm ambivalent about it - during the first week, I wasn't able to connect with the lens at all...

I've shot a fair amount with the lens in the last two weeks, but I'm still not warmed up to it - it's sharp, contrasty, etc....

but it may just not be me....
11-15-2022, 06:06 PM - 2 Likes   #119
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
I think I'm ambivalent about it - during the first week, I wasn't able to connect with the lens at all...

I've shot a fair amount with the lens in the last two weeks, but I'm still not warmed up to it - it's sharp, contrasty, etc....

but it may just not be me....
Given that you are using in on crop it's quite long. I got along with 135mm on FF and 100mm on APSC but I grew up liking longer lenses as a rule. It was wide angle that I had to slowly adjust to. An open not so secret fact is that I have taken candid portraits via a 400mm on APSC...
11-16-2022, 12:52 AM - 1 Like   #120
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Your endorsement does not make it easier for me to resist purchasing one for myself.
What can I say...
It seems that @Minimonster might have one for sale soon