Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 85 Likes Search this Thread
12-07-2022, 02:23 PM - 2 Likes   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am enjoying the month off, so far I have been too busy on my trip to really dedicate time to photography. That didn’t stop me from visiting a camera store for a filter adapter ring, and I walked out with a used Sigma 50mm and a use Sigma 170-500mm, both are in excellent shape, and I got both for a good price.
Time to put on my hiking shoes and scout out a location nearby.

12-08-2022, 05:48 PM - 2 Likes   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
This month I’m shooting the DA* 55. Again both on Sony A7rIII and KP, K-3, K100D super, etc.
If I continue to look at your posts, I may 'forget' to sell the DA*55 - which was actually my plan that I shared with my wife when she asked that I sell some lenses in exchange for the just ordered HD FA43 and the DA*50/1.4 in spring. She was rightfully concerned about both storage space and enough time to use at least some of the 50s regularly ... But please keep making it difficult!
12-08-2022, 07:40 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JensE Quote
If I continue to look at your posts, I may 'forget' to sell the DA*55 - which was actually my plan that I shared with my wife when she asked that I sell some lenses in exchange for the just ordered HD FA43 and the DA*50/1.4 in spring. She was rightfully concerned about both storage space and enough time to use at least some of the 50s regularly ... But please keep making it difficult!
Lol. It’s a fine plan but I suspect it may falter.
12-09-2022, 12:38 PM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

Too busy a day to capture anything worth posting, but I saw a beautiful view in the morning. Factory chimneys and cooling towers with a rising sun in the background. It was on a highway, so there was no chance of stopping and shooting, at least not without some preparation. I'll keep this location and time in mind, though.

12-09-2022, 04:00 PM - 1 Like   #20
Closed Account

Photos: Albums
Might be me,but i'm beginning to think the lens i used in movember gave me more joy(and results) than the plastic fantastic i'm using now,still,only 9 days in,to early to make a call as yet
12-09-2022, 04:10 PM - 1 Like   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I’m enjoying the DA* 55
12-09-2022, 05:22 PM   #22
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

I’m enjoying the DA* 55
it's a great lens - I love my copy ....

12-14-2022, 10:17 PM - 1 Like   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I’ve crashed and burned but I’ll try to get back in the saddle. My life is very chaotic right now. Let’s just say that in one week I had two family members in for planned surgeries, one family member in the ER, and one family member home for the holidays from college that I had to go get and bring home because he can’t drive… one family member has a steep slope of cognitive decline, another is mentally a child. It’s a messy situation all the time but this month has pushed things to the brink.

While I enjoy photography and find it a release - I’m hard pressed to do anything other than work, cook, and help keep the universe from imploding.

Despite all I am quite happy in general and we are making most of it work out so far.
12-15-2022, 02:08 AM - 1 Like   #24
Loyal Site Supporter

Well mid month and after a hectic trip away I am thinking that I might finally be getting back in to the swing of picture taking as well. The DA L 50-200mm has a nice range on the APS-C sensor , the light weight and compact size make for an easy to handle package as well. The telephoto end seems pretty sharp to my eye and I am looking forward to the rest of the month with it.
12-15-2022, 03:37 AM - 1 Like   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For me it was a month as any from late spetember. Since I decided to get rid of all my limited primes I am left with 20-40 only in normal range and I am happy with this lens. Small, compact, great IQ. I tend to go wider in general so 20-30 range is perfect for me - not too wide like 15, not to narrow like 35 and 40mm. 30-40 is additional bonus for some situations. I would not mind having a "x2" switch on the barrel for some longer street shots like architectural details that are too high for 40mm, but with K-3/3 I can easily crop and still be happy so I think it is purrfect normal zoom for my needs.
12-15-2022, 04:54 AM - 1 Like   #26
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm trudging along with the Tak 55/2.2 - nothing wrong with the lens, just not as crisp as later 55's....

this one is probably going to be included in the January lens sale...
12-15-2022, 07:43 AM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris_K Quote
Too busy a day to capture anything worth posting, but I saw a beautiful view in the morning. Factory chimneys and cooling towers with a rising sun in the background. It was on a highway, so there was no chance of stopping and shooting, at least not without some preparation. I'll keep this location and time in mind, though.
Whether I am in a city or in the countryside, I am often frustrated when there is no place to pull over and take a picture.
12-15-2022, 07:56 AM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Whether I am in a city or in the countryside, I am often frustrated when there is no place to pull over and take a picture.
I’m with you on that. It’s particularly vexing with my dad involved since he is mobility challenged. I can park and walk back to a good vantage point, he can’t.
12-15-2022, 08:37 AM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I can park and walk back to a good vantage point, he can’t.
That is also a big challenge. Another factor is that often the place one can access is too low and blocked by terrain. Because of this, I am considering bringing a small ladder with me in my vehicle so I can get above the obstacles. If the situation allows, I wouldn't mind getting a small pickup truck, or at least a vehicle with a sunroof so I can get above eye and ground level.
12-15-2022, 09:53 AM - 2 Likes   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
That is also a big challenge. Another factor is that often the place one can access is too low and blocked by terrain. Because of this, I am considering bringing a small ladder with me in my vehicle so I can get above the obstacles. If the situation allows, I wouldn't mind getting a small pickup truck, or at least a vehicle with a sunroof so I can get above eye and ground level.
I always wanted to try a monopod with wifi remote control in life view, which is more compact than a ladder. So far, I've mostly done that using the 12s timer. Aiming was OK for most wide-angle shots after a few attempts.