11-30-2022, 02:38 PM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
so... is this Bokehcember?
Bokecember is the monthly theme.

Any lens, wide open. If you've got 1.2s and 1.4s dust them off but many other lenses have good bokeh too. Play and experiment!

11-30-2022, 06:50 PM - 2 Likes   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi all! After a long hiatus I am back in for this month. The Bokehcember theme will force me to get out some seldom used lenses.

currently at about 90 or so lenses, while occasionally putting some up for sale...
as far as Bokehcember, I have seven lenses for it that fit the self-imposed requirement ...
Having 7 lenses that you know to be good candidates is quite impressive. Not, the having of the lenses, but the knowing enough about the bokeh for each to come up with a list. My fallback will be the D-FA 100mm 2.8 Macro WR or the SMC Pentax-A 50mm F1.4. But I have a lot of lenses from random garage sales or thrift stores lenses from several years ago. Perhaps I'll find a sleeper amongst those.

Last edited by Jim P; 11-30-2022 at 11:46 PM.
11-30-2022, 08:00 PM - 2 Likes   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

in like an eskimo

edit: will try but not sure i can stick religiously to the bokeh theme... haven't been shooting at all since September so gotta go with whatever will get the shutters shuttering...

Last edited by todd; 11-30-2022 at 08:45 PM.
12-01-2022, 12:56 AM - 3 Likes   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
in like an eskimo

edit: will try but not sure i can stick religiously to the bokeh theme... haven't been shooting at all since September so gotta go with whatever will get the shutters shuttering...

OK, OK, stop kicking my butt, I'm in too. Always did enjoy Bokehcember

12-01-2022, 07:36 AM - 2 Likes   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'm in! Have hardly touched my camera since before Thanksgiving, COVID or the flu has been kicking my butt. Going to try to at least lean heavy into the bokehcember theme but I'm sure there will be some bugs and lizards @ f/16 as well lol.
12-01-2022, 02:02 PM - 1 Like   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
Good to have you back!
12-01-2022, 03:41 PM - 1 Like   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
Good to have you back!
Thanks, I've been lurking too long.

12-01-2022, 09:59 PM - 1 Like   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I’m in … questioning my sanity with a busy month ahead.
12-02-2022, 02:41 AM - 1 Like   #24
Pentaxian

Deciding to duck out. As much as I enjoy doing the SIC, I'm going to really mix things up this month, lens- and camera-wise, so that goes against my usual 'filing system' for photos on Flickr.
12-02-2022, 07:41 AM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
Deciding to duck out. As much as I enjoy doing the SIC, I'm going to really mix things up this month, lens- and camera-wise, so that goes against my usual 'filing system' for photos on Flickr.
This is the DIC thread… does that mean we may still see your pictures in the DIC?
12-02-2022, 07:51 AM - 1 Like   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
This is the DIC thread… does that mean we may still see your pictures in the DIC?
Whoops, I meant DIC. I don't have a Pentax-brand camera so SIC is largely out of the question except for a select few lenses.
So, probably not. I'll still be uploading to Flickr but not focusing on the DIC (this month).
12-02-2022, 07:53 AM - 1 Like   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
Whoops, I meant DIC. I don't have a Pentax-brand camera so SIC is largely out of the question except for a select few lenses.
So, probably not. I'll still be uploading to Flickr but not focusing on the DIC (this month).
We will miss you but I’m sure we will see these shots in our feeds on Flickr.
12-02-2022, 11:26 PM   #28
Pentaxian

so... is this Bokehcember?

Can be…

I think I’ll sit wide-open and see what various lenses are like. Should be fun.

---------- Post added 3rd Dec 2022 at 05:27 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote

O for ORSOME
12-10-2022, 06:43 AM - 2 Likes   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
Bokecember is the monthly theme.

Any lens, wide open. If you've got 1.2s and 1.4s dust them off but many other lenses have good bokeh too. Play and experiment!
While picking up a step down filter ring, I made the mistake of asking if the vendor had any used Pentax lenses. He did, as well as a refurbed and certified Sigma f1.4 50mm EX HSM.
I have been slowly upgrading my lens collection so I will have fewer, but higher quality lenses so I tried it out on the K-1, and I could not resist, especially at the price. The Bokeh should be beauteous and bountiful.

I also scored an older Sigma 170-500mm for a good price from the same vendor. After renting the DFA 150-450mm I realize I need to work on my technique with extreme telephoto lenses, and this lens is a less expensive way to practice. Fortunately, I had a monopod with me when I went out to a local nature preserve and I think the lens did well enough to deliver some good pix of a kingfisher, a great blue heron, and other waterfowl.

Images to follow once I arrive back home from a trip to Colorado.
12-14-2022, 10:18 PM - 1 Like   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Duplicated from Single In thread:

I’ve crashed and burned but I’ll try to get back in the saddle. My life is very chaotic right now. Let’s just say that in one week I had two family members in for planned surgeries, one family member in the ER, and one family member home for the holidays from college that I had to go get and bring home because he can’t drive… one family member has a steep slope of cognitive decline, another is mentally a child. It’s a messy situation all the time but this month has pushed things to the brink.

While I enjoy photography and find it a release - I’m hard pressed to do anything other than work, cook, and help keep the universe from imploding.

Despite all I am quite happy in general and we are making most of it work out so far.