Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 81 Likes Search this Thread
01-03-2023, 06:33 PM - 1 Like   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Only 3 days in and I'm behind. I'll make up for it tomorrow.

---------- Post added 01-03-23 at 20:36 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
So I stick with Pentax - in some respects the limited availability of modern glass saves me money
Fortunately, some of the newest lenses are starting to hit the used market. I intend to pare down my lenses to a few really good ones, and sell the rest for whatever I can get. Since I have a K-1 and a KP, I"m open to DFA, FA, or DA lenses depending on which combo I intend to use for a given situations.

01-03-2023, 07:06 PM - 2 Likes   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Jumping in a day late for the Daily. I'm not going to be able to focus on just one lens (though that cheap Sigma I picked up is tempting me), but I need to start stretching my legs and blowing the dust off. I've really REALLY been neglecting my hobby the past few years - when I went in to find a photo to submit for the January contest, I realized I'd only uploaded about two dozen photos to Flickr, and half of those were re-works of older shots.

The K-70 is an amazing little camera, it deserves not to be neglected.

Also if I get back in the groove, I can totally use it as an excuse to maybe grab a full frame come tax season. 90% of my lenses are FF anyway so there is no reason not to besides the cost of the camera.

>.>
01-03-2023, 08:45 PM - 1 Like   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mbceft Quote
I agree with everything you just said. Really nice to see familiar names in this game as well. I experience the exact same drop in productivity when I'm not shooting for the forum. Buying into Fuji had me missing the Single in challenge when I wanted to use my Fuji lens as opposed to the adapted Pentax glass. With this group I can still post photos and keep in the groove.

To answer your question on my photo, I do not get many comments on photos that I share from my SmugMug account and I cannot reply to comments directly like Flickr. That said, I am working on a OCOLOY(One Camera, One Lens, One Year) project with the Fuji XF18F1.4 for 2023. I have a lot of work in SmugMug already and want to track the progress there.

There will be a lot of printing involved as well.

Looking forward to seeing all the great work from the PF forum and this group of fine photographers.

Best of wishes for 2023.

Mike B

OCOLOY … like my 21 in 21 project; must’ve bored the SiC to tears, not changing my lens all year. But that DA 21 ltd…

I look forward to watching yours ( smugmug links in the daily threads I guess; I’m four days in, four days shooting, but four days behind in posting…)
01-04-2023, 04:54 AM - 2 Likes   #34

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
OCOLOY … like my 21 in 21 project; must’ve bored the SiC to tears, not changing my lens all year. But that DA 21 ltd…

I look forward to watching yours ( smugmug links in the daily threads I guess; I’m four days in, four days shooting, but four days behind in posting…)
Exactly! I remember your project in SiC. I know I never got tired of it :-) Did you learn anything about your photography. Did it help with curbing GAS?

I’m still posting to SmugMug for myself but will post in Flickr for the PF challenge as that is easier for everyone. It’s not that much work to post in both. I’m taking on the digital version that Mike posted about sometime ago which has me printing photos everyday so I need some place that it’s easy for me to review.

It’s going to be a challenge but you never know what comes out of it if you never try.

---------- Post added 01-04-23 at 06:00 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Only 3 days in and I'm behind. I'll make up for it tomorrow.

---------- Post added 01-03-23 at 20:36 ----------

Fortunately, some of the newest lenses are starting to hit the used market. I intend to pare down my lenses to a few really good ones, and sell the rest for whatever I can get. Since I have a K-1 and a KP, I"m open to DFA, FA, or DA lenses depending on which combo I intend to use for a given situations.
I did that with my limiteds and kept the DA* strictly for outdoors, tough conditions. The Fuji is nice and all but It doesn’t feel like I could drag it out in the pouring rain like I have the K5. I shot trackside with that and the DA* 300 in torrential rains with no problem.

---------- Post added 01-04-23 at 06:02 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
Jumping in a day late for the Daily. I'm not going to be able to focus on just one lens (though that cheap Sigma I picked up is tempting me), but I need to start stretching my legs and blowing the dust off. I've really REALLY been neglecting my hobby the past few years - when I went in to find a photo to submit for the January contest, I realized I'd only uploaded about two dozen photos to Flickr, and half of those were re-works of older shots.

The K-70 is an amazing little camera, it deserves not to be neglected.

Also if I get back in the groove, I can totally use it as an excuse to maybe grab a full frame come tax season. 90% of my lenses are FF anyway so there is no reason not to besides the cost of the camera.

>.>
Welcome back - I know I have gone though time like that myself. I found participating in the PF challenges helps me stay motivated to shoot.

Looking forward to seeing you get back into it.

01-04-2023, 05:50 AM - 2 Likes   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mbceft Quote
The Fuji is nice and all but It doesn’t feel like I could drag it out in the pouring rain like I have the K5. I
Yes, having WR/AW lenses is a factor in the upgrading and culling of my collection. Bad Weather makes Good Pictures, as your image shows.
01-07-2023, 06:38 PM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is it OK to add 3-4 images at once to the DIC group on flickr and the thread of the day (assuming it is a rare occurrence)?
01-07-2023, 06:40 PM - 1 Like   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NatureHike Quote
Is it OK to add 3-4 images at once to the DIC group on flickr and the thread of the day (assuming it is a rare occurrence)?
I sometimes add two or more images to the thread but I link one at 1024x768 size and the rest smaller.

I often add more to the group which I think is fine.

01-07-2023, 06:56 PM - 1 Like   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I sometimes add two or more images to the thread but I link one at 1024x768 size and the rest smaller.

I often add more to the group which I think is fine.
Thanks - I figured it was probably OK but wanted to check. Laid back group of people on here, much better than the rest of the internet
01-08-2023, 11:14 AM - 2 Likes   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Fortunately, some of the newest lenses are starting to hit the used market.
For all the belly aching that goes on about AF - it seems that there is a large faction of Pentax users who don’t see the benefits of new advancements in the system because they are still using legacy glass of one version or another. That being said, those who complain/compare about AF for shooting landscapes…. /eyeroll

I have too much glass and too many film bodies. I just can’t shoot them all now. Even adequate use of K-1 / K-3 iii / and GR iii is a stretch. A pruning of kit is necessary on my end too.
01-08-2023, 03:12 PM - 1 Like   #40
Closed Account

For all the belly aching that goes on about AF - it seems that there is a large faction of Pentax users who don’t see the benefits of new advancements in the system because they are still using legacy glass of one version or another.
I have to agree,i got more joy/better results from the MF(50mm) lens i used in Nov SIC then i did with the plastic fantastic(50mm),i used in Dec Sic
01-08-2023, 05:55 PM   #41
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

For all the belly aching that goes on about AF - it seems that there is a large faction of Pentax users who don’t see the benefits of new advancements in the system because they are still using legacy glass of one version or another. That being said, those who complain/compare about AF for shooting landscapes…. /eyeroll
Interestingly even in the Sony world that I dip my toes in as well - there are those who eschew the use of AF for landscapes. Voitlander and Zeiss and others offer high quality manual focus only lenses that many love. But there are those who won't buy a lens if it isn't AF these days... I'm mostly in that last camp - but perhaps one day after cataract surgery I might be happier with MF lenses again. Magnified LiveView and Magnified EVF work fine for me but in general I need AF for most day to day use and so I look for AF lenses that I can leverage more widely than just for landscape but that also fill that role.

In any case - I certainly see no issue with slow, methodical, MF use for landscapes. I shot eagles with MF on film for crying out loud. (My eyes were younger then... lol.)
01-08-2023, 07:25 PM - 2 Likes   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Going to return and see if I can make it a month, a bit rusty. Look out for dog shots.
01-12-2023, 02:36 PM - 1 Like   #43
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by NatureHike Quote
Thanks - I figured it was probably OK but wanted to check. Laid back group of people on here, much better than the rest of the internet

Truth.

And I’m same: usually just one but sometimes will add another one or two - just embedded smaller; sometimes I’ll add those to the group as well, depending on how happy with them I am (whether just ‘hey look at this too’, or ‘I’m really chuffed with both of these and think they’re equally good’)
01-12-2023, 02:47 PM - 1 Like   #44
Pentaxian

I usually add two photos per day to the daily thread at 1024 pixels landscape, and no one has reprimanded me so far. I'm endeavoring to use every lens in my collection once per month, and I have more than one lens per day. I've noticed others are adding multiple photos per day as well, and I think that's great. I say, add 'em if you got 'em!

I haven't added my photos to the Flickr group because I actually forgot about it. Are you guys using the group? If so, how?
01-12-2023, 02:58 PM   #45
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
I usually add two photos per day to the daily thread at 1024 pixels landscape, and no one has reprimanded me so far. I'm endeavoring to use every lens in my collection once per month, and I have more than one lens per day. I've noticed others are adding multiple photos per day as well, and I think that's great. I say, add 'em if you got 'em!

I haven't added my photos to the Flickr group because I actually forgot about it. Are you guys using the group? If so, how?
I use the Daily group in Flickr - if I remember correctly, you have to request access to the group before you can post to it...

normally, I just post one shot in the Daily and two in the Single In Challenge....