Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 146 Likes Search this Thread
01-31-2023, 04:26 PM - 5 Likes   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Perhaps it's time to jump back in, as I haven't done a Si challenge for quite a few years. Not sure I'll do the B/Selfies day, etc, but we'll see. Now, for the lens....

EDIT: I guess I'll go with the 18-135 WR due to travel this month.

Last edited by jheu02; 02-01-2023 at 08:11 AM.
02-01-2023, 03:09 AM - 4 Likes   #17
Veteran Member

I havent been involved for about 8 years, but here I am again in a different country, Ireland. I have so many lenses to choose from, most of which I want to sell because I am 75 and lazy nowadays. I will probably use my K3 and Sigma 17-50.
02-01-2023, 04:34 PM - 3 Likes   #18

Photos: Albums
This month's lens will be the Tamron SP 60-300 Macro (23A). The macro function will give me opportunities for indoor shots in the evenings if I don't manage to get out during the day.
02-02-2023, 01:50 AM - 2 Likes   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jheu02 Quote
EDIT: I guess I'll go with the 18-135 WR due to travel this month.
Nice to see somebody returning after a long time. Same lens for similar reasons. I forgot my KP at my daughter's though, but I should have my K-5 back this week, so the K-1 in crop mode will just be needed for a few shots.

02-03-2023, 10:58 AM - 2 Likes   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've been challenged to challenge so a FA50/2.8 Macro ala

but also my K mount converted Leica 60 ala

Its like a Singles's in doubled or Single's in twice
02-03-2023, 02:30 PM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
...Its like a Singles's in doubled or Single's in twice
Whoa, take it easy man!
02-03-2023, 07:14 PM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No photograph today.

I spent the evening with my son after I picked him up from a restaurant that thankfully had quickly locked the doors and provided protection for him and his friends until police arrived. On their way home from a show, the teenagers wanted to hang out a little at the monument. Out of the blue, a gang of similar age, outnumbering them, started to beat them up, injured the strongest boy's back with something sharp and chased them while they ran to get away.

I have lived in this city for over 30 years, always felt safe to go anywhere at any time of the day, took this photograph in my single-in at the very place almost exactly a year ago without thinking about it. This will never be the same for my son again.

02-03-2023, 11:36 PM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JensE Quote
No photograph today.

I spent the evening with my son after I picked him up from a restaurant that thankfully had quickly locked the doors and provided protection for him and his friends until police arrived. On their way home from a show, the teenagers wanted to hang out a little at the monument. Out of the blue, a gang of similar age, outnumbering them, started to beat them up, injured the strongest boy's back with something sharp and chased them while they ran to get away.

I have lived in this city for over 30 years, always felt safe to go anywhere at any time of the day, took this photograph in my single-in at the very place almost exactly a year ago without thinking about it. This will never be the same for my son again.
Horrible and sad story... I'm glad it turned out "ok" for your son, but as you said, it will never be the same...
02-04-2023, 12:46 AM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter

No photograph today.

Oh that is both terrible and terrific news, I am so glad to hear that he is now safe, hopefully this is an aberration and you can still feel safe in the future, well done to the restaurant workers who kept them safe
02-04-2023, 02:59 AM   #25
Pentaxian

No photograph today.

So sorry to hear it Jens, and glad your son is okay.

But don't let the bad people win - go out to the same place and make a photograph again. The idiots of the world will not prevail!
02-04-2023, 07:33 AM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No photograph today.

Sorry to hear this.
02-04-2023, 07:50 AM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No photograph today.

Sorry to hear that, it is good that your son is ok.
02-04-2023, 09:35 AM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Such an unfortunate event, it represents an end of innocence when one learns that one must always be on guard, at least initially, no matter where one goes.
I am glad to hear that the outcome was not far more tragic. I have lived in Germany, though not in Leigpzig, and I know this sort of gang activity is not uncommon, but it generally doesn't happen near historical monuments.
02-04-2023, 11:13 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No photograph today.
Sorry to hear this Jens, good that your son is OK. I'm sure he'll bounce back.
02-06-2023, 05:47 AM - 4 Likes   #30
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

I wrote a long rambling to go with daily shot, but in the end thought it would be better to publish it here, as that is ment for shots only. So here we go :

Beautiful sunny day here. Every step hurts a little, which sounds like a good title for tragic love song, but still managed to take a little walk by/on the sea. Between winter and spring we have a season we call springwinter as a straight translation. Dictionary gives translation as late winter, but I'm not sure if it carries same meaning, as in Finland definition is bound to amount of light. Oddly there is no clear definition for springwinter, but to me it's can you feel the sun or no. During the winter sun is so low that, even when you can see it, you can't feel it on the skin. At Ruka you start to feel the sun before mid March, but here on the south coast the sun was clearly warm today. So in the north winter continues, but here on the south coast we are already on the better part of the winter
Other odd thing here on the south coast is that often most of the snowy winter is during the spring winter, as the sea warms the coast before it freezes and southwest winds bringing warm weather from Atlantic. So the actual winter can be warm and black and springwinter colder and white. Still the latter is the good part of the winter as days are getting longer, weather is typically sunnier and after cold nights the sun warms up the days. So every year we struggle thru the winter and wait for the springwinter to begin so we can actually enjoy the snow. And well also life in general I think as winter depression is passing by

So today I want to celebrate my first day of springwinter this year. There's a promise of summer in the air. Winter will be defeated