Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 135 Likes Search this Thread
04-30-2023, 01:52 AM - 1 Like   #76
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
End of the month! Rain, and maybe thunderstorms today, maybe my last image will be something special.

04-30-2023, 05:47 AM - 5 Likes   #77
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

the wrap-up....

an amazing month, April - I was hoping for the end sooner than today, not because of the lens but of all the turmoil at home (job changes)....

Kuribayashi Petri Orikkor 50mm f2 - this little lens is a stunner... so much so, I added it to the 2023 list of lenses to be Singled at the last second....

it's stunningly sharp, colorful, contrasty, excellent bokeh - what more do you want from a lens made in 1959?

MFD is reasonable, but the lens is also sharp enough that you can crop to your heart's content...

flare could be considered an issue, but also have been mitigated by a longer/deeper hood - or just be more mindful where the direct light is coming from...

some of my favorites this month:

and my absolute favorite:

the rest of the month's shots:

Single In Challenge - April '23 | Flickr

so - if you stumble across one of the jewels, give it a try....

on to May!
04-30-2023, 10:04 AM - 6 Likes   #78
Pentaxian

So the summary - the GR3 doesn't disappoint in any aspect and it was a great companion throughout the month. Its compactness is a huge advantage and it was good to use it more often - it is so capable camera (even for macro!) and deserves more than sitting on a shelf. Some of my faves are below. Thank you all for the comments!

04-30-2023, 02:56 PM - 6 Likes   #79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I've enjoyed my month with the 645d and FA 645 45-85. The pictures have been fabulous and the lens is perfect as a walk around. The only downside has been lugging it about. It is perfectly usable as a daily camera though and I've had no issues using it hand held. I'm looking forward to using some of my other lenses in SIC.

04-30-2023, 03:57 PM - 6 Likes   #80
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The SMC version of the TAK 105mm f2.8 is a beautiful lens. The feel of the focus ring is soooo smooth, with a nice bit of resistance to allow me to dial in on the subject. Colors are true to life, and there is minimal CA in the high contrast shots after clicking off f2.8.
For my first TAK lens, I am very impressed, and will probably look at others down the road.

A sampling from the month:

05-01-2023, 02:47 AM - 5 Likes   #81
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think I posted everything, so a little summary. It is pain in... to do single in with film. Using film is great for personal projects and so on bo tu everyday shooting - those days are gone I think. I am not entirely happy with this month and I have only one photo I really like from all I took:

05-01-2023, 03:19 AM - 3 Likes   #82
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The KP and DA 40XS combo is consistently fantastic as a compact walk around combo, but I think this image shows that is can deliver some incredible "fine art" type images a s well.
I'll never part with this lens, and IMO, everyone with an APS-C camera should own a copy of the DA 40mm XS as well.

05-01-2023, 09:04 AM - 2 Likes   #83
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
An other less than stellar SIC month from me. Taking and posting shots felt like task enough, so I didn't even try commenting shots. In the end even taking the shots was too much while recovering from Covid. I hope I manage a better participation in May.

The lens itself, F17-28 FE, is a small, light and fun lens. Not supersharp, but if you keep final photos in decent size it does its job. Even thought with careful composition you can hide most of the curvature, it's usually much more fun to emphase the curves. That's the main reason to own a fish eye anyway.