Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 135 Likes Search this Thread
04-15-2023, 07:17 PM - 4 Likes   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Half month already and I missed a few days. No complaints about the DFA 21Ltd, I was just not in the mood yet for ultra-wide shots. It takes some effort to find what I'm looking for in our cluttered urban environment. The wonderful close-up rendering often comes
to the rescue. I have at least three great places in mind that I want to shoot in the 2nd half of the month though.

04-16-2023, 12:01 PM - 4 Likes   #62
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well, I've been on holiday for the first half of the month which has been great. Sadly I'm back to school tomorrow. The countdown to my retirement has now started in earnest with only 13 school weeks to go. After 33 of teaching it feels like time to have a rest and so Mrs Monster and I are both taking early retirement (permanent holiday!).

As to the 645d and FA 645 45-85, it is just fantastic. Sure, it's a big unit to cart about and taking it up a mountain was probably a bit too much but the image quality is outstanding. The detail I'm getting is just amazing. And it is perfectly usable handheld, I've only felt the need for a tripod when I was taking long exposures the other day. The lens is fabulous as a walk around and I have yet to find anything it can't cope with. A shame the rest of the month won't be quite so varied and interesting.
04-17-2023, 05:03 PM - 1 Like   #63
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
Well, I've been on holiday for the first half of the month which has been great. Sadly I'm back to school tomorrow. The countdown to my retirement has now started in earnest with only 13 school weeks to go. After 33 of teaching it feels like time to have a rest and so Mrs Monster and I are both taking early retirement (permanent holiday!).

As to the 645d and FA 645 45-85, it is just fantastic. Sure, it's a big unit to cart about and taking it up a mountain was probably a bit too much but the image quality is outstanding. The detail I'm getting is just amazing. And it is perfectly usable handheld, I've only felt the need for a tripod when I was taking long exposures the other day. The lens is fabulous as a walk around and I have yet to find anything it can't cope with. A shame the rest of the month won't be quite so varied and interesting.
Congratulations on an early retirement!
04-18-2023, 11:24 AM   #64
Pentaxian

I may be less active during the upcoming three days due to a business trip - I'll keep shooting and I'll catch up with your work on the weekend.

04-18-2023, 11:57 AM   #65
Loyal Site Supporter

Excellent news, retirement sounds like a well earned and thought through decision. My ex wife and daughter are teachers and the thought of spending 33 years in the teaching profession is one that I admire The quality of the images you are sharing with the 645D have been amazing in the detail and depth , it looks like a great choice to use in retirement
04-19-2023, 03:32 AM   #66
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Covid. I had been able to avoid it so far. Luckily it's been easy, but I couldn't find motivation to edit my shot yesterday. I gave it a quick treatment today and posted it.

FE 17-28 has been fun to play with, but I've been lazy on the forum. I missed one day as I forgot to take camera with me. Very easy lens to go thru the month.
04-19-2023, 03:34 AM   #67
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Good for you. I'm afraid I still have 20 years to go before I can relax.

04-21-2023, 02:01 AM - 4 Likes   #68
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Posted another batch os scans. All photos are from my neighborhood taken during lunch break (16th is wooden pier in Sopot).
04-25-2023, 09:58 AM - 2 Likes   #69
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Hey all - May thread is up:

Single in May 2023 - PentaxForums.com
04-25-2023, 10:02 AM - 1 Like   #70
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote

Thank you!
04-25-2023, 03:37 PM   #71
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks!

---------- Post added 04-25-23 at 06:38 PM ----------

Skipping tonight... not even a safety
04-25-2023, 03:48 PM   #72
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

thank you!
04-25-2023, 04:59 PM   #73
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you. another month of fun
04-26-2023, 11:51 AM - 1 Like   #74
Pentaxian

I've had some gaps recently and I'm skipping today, too. The end of the week should be easier.
04-29-2023, 10:23 PM - 5 Likes   #75
Loyal Site Supporter

Well the end of the month and I had an easy month with the HD DFA 70-210mm F4, it is substantially lighter than the 70-200mm 2.8 but still much larger than the F 70-210. I added the Tamron tripod foot to the lens and tidied make handling even better, I like to cradle the foot in my left hand when handholding the lens with either the K1 or K3. The rendering on each format was fine, even when using the lens correction profile on the RAW images there still seemed to be a little bit of vignetting on the full frame images. It is quite a long lens when mounted on the camera, however the relatively light weight meant it was easy to hand hold.

Some of my favourites from the month