Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 191 Likes Search this Thread
05-26-2023, 11:38 PM   #121
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Missed two days, have two another to post but forgot to także cables and laptop so no way to post. Will catch up next week.

05-27-2023, 12:56 AM   #122
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
After waiting patiently for my K-3 Mark III Monochrome, I finally contacted CRKennedy to enquire about progress with me very early pre-order. Apparently the Australian pre-order allocation sold out in under thirty minutes!

I know at least one fellow Adelaide Pentaxian (Digitalis) who was quick enough to snare one of the first lot. It looks like I might be waiting another month
Bugger I noted the June expected delivery date on the website still, hopefully we will get ours soon......... it's a bit sad when I know most of the fellow buyers
05-27-2023, 01:04 AM   #123
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
Hey all - June thread is up:

Single in June 2023 - PentaxForums.com
Thanks for posting next month's thread
05-27-2023, 01:06 AM   #124
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
After waiting patiently for my K-3 Mark III Monochrome, I finally contacted CRKennedy to enquire about progress with me very early pre-order. Apparently the Australian pre-order allocation sold out in under thirty minutes!
You gotta be fast to be early adopter

Feels like Pentax underestimated the interest when planning the lounch.

05-27-2023, 09:50 AM - 1 Like   #125
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
Have fun, don't forget to charge the batteries before you go....... speaking from experience
Thanks, I have a spare charger and batteries that I always leave in our travel trailer. It is just a cheap third party but it will always work in a pinch. We are not truely camping when your trailer has all the comforts of home.
05-27-2023, 01:14 PM   #126
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Looks like I’m unlikely to take any shots today. Sitting in a hospital cafeteria waiting. My father in law is in the ER again. All still related to the March car wreck.
05-27-2023, 04:22 PM - 2 Likes   #127
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

iPhone shot from the hospital…

Hospital reading material by -vanya_42nd-

At least it’s b&w…

05-28-2023, 10:32 AM   #128
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
Hey all - June thread is up:

Single in June 2023 - PentaxForums.com
Thank you
05-29-2023, 02:26 PM - 4 Likes   #129
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

end of the month review - D FA 645 55mm f2.8 AL (IF) SDM AW

I know there's a couple of days left, and I intend to finish the month but I know what my work days have been like so I'll finish this part now....

this is an epic lens that mates perfectly with the 645D, and brings out everything that I love about working with the 645D

as expected for a 'modern' medium-format lens, it's sharp, contrasty, makes beautiful bokeh, the AF is reasonably quick...

the lens' MFD is a bit long at 18" or so, but it's so sharp you can crop as much as needed...

I carried this combo all over this past month and it's been a joy, every time I pick it up...

some of my favorites this month:

(this one hit 'explore')

and the rest of this month's:

Single In Challenge - May '23 | Flickr

simply put - if you are shooting with either a 645D or Z, this is the walk-around lens to have....

Last edited by pepperberry farm; 05-29-2023 at 02:35 PM.
05-29-2023, 07:23 PM - 1 Like   #130
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
end of the month review - D FA 645 55mm f2.8 AL (IF) SDM AW

I know there's a couple of days left, and I intend to finish the month but I know what my work days have been like so I'll finish this part now....

this is an epic lens that mates perfectly with the 645D, and brings out everything that I love about working with the 645D

as expected for a 'modern' medium-format lens, it's sharp, contrasty, makes beautiful bokeh, the AF is reasonably quick...

the lens' MFD is a bit long at 18" or so, but it's so sharp you can crop as much as needed...

I carried this combo all over this past month and it's been a joy, every time I pick it up...

some of my favorites this month:

(this one hit 'explore')

and the rest of this month's:

Single In Challenge - May '23 | Flickr

simply put - if you are shooting with either a 645D or Z, this is the walk-around lens to have....
Most of those are shots I think I favored and really appreciated seeing. Some I may have missed before but they are attention grabbing now.
Wonderful lens used with skill. Nicely done sir.
05-29-2023, 09:02 PM - 3 Likes   #131
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My end of the month summary:
SMC DA 35 good.
K-3 Mono - Not bad.

I struggled with post processing a bit a few times this month because I wanted to try to squeeze the most from the monochrome files. As it is they are already pretty good right from the camera. I was able to use SOOC jpgs or do minor edit tweaks on a tablet or phone starting from the JPGs. A few times I used Raw Therapee but I have such limited skill with that tool I felt there was little gained. A few raw files went into DXO directly and those were easier for me as that's my normal workflow for RAW.

Overall the DA 35 proved to be a great "normal" lens which is what I needed. It was not overly fast focusing, it was modest wide open (f2.8), but it was small, easy to carry, and versatile. Much like taking a 50mm macro on a walkabout this DA 35 was an easy companion this month.

Favorite shots:

05-29-2023, 11:09 PM - 2 Likes   #132
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Overall the DA 35 proved to be a great "normal" lens which is what I needed. It was not overly fast focusing, it was modest wide open (f2.8), but it was small, easy to carry, and versatile. Much like taking a 50mm macro on a walkabout this DA 35 was an easy companion this month.
These were my impressions from using this lens as well - a great and versatile tool, not without minor flaws, but a good companion. I eventually sold it among "ups and downs" of my LBA.
I really enjoyed your mono shots this month.
05-30-2023, 03:00 AM   #133
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Most of those are shots I think I favored and really appreciated seeing. Some I may have missed before but they are attention grabbing now.
Wonderful lens used with skill. Nicely done sir.

thank you...
05-30-2023, 08:16 AM - 2 Likes   #134
Pentaxian

So, to sum up my month with the FA 77: the lens doesn't disappoint and certainly lives up to its reputation. I took some shots, which I like a lot, and I think the lens performance shines there. Others, on the other hand, were just ordinary or even mediocre - the same as in the other months, I guess.
Some of my faves are below. Thank you for all the comments.

05-30-2023, 12:37 PM   #135
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris_K Quote
So, to sum up my month with the FA 77: the lens doesn't disappoint and certainly lives up to its reputation. I took some shots, which I like a lot, and I think the lens performance shines there. Others, on the other hand, were just ordinary or even mediocre - the same as in the other months, I guess.
Some of my faves are below. Thank you for all the comments.

Lovely set of photos, from your choices it seems like it has performed really well with subject isolation for you