Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2023, 02:17 PM - 1 Like   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Remember that first week of lockdown?

Found this pic from April 2020. Already so bored I gave Treebeard a nice trim and learned how to tie Dyneema soft shackles (nice to have around boats)!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 

Last edited by jgnfld; 12-06-2023 at 02:27 PM.
12-06-2023, 03:16 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It looks like you dragged up some "Knotty Wood" from back in the lockdown days. Hopefully you managed to put those soft shackles to some real use since then.
12-06-2023, 03:35 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Just think how you'll tell the kids "Why back in the COVID lockdown..."
12-07-2023, 04:37 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice image.
I do remember. It was a surreal time, but for me, it was also a very good time. Fortunately where I live, we have a lot of open spaces so I wasn't housebound. I will never be nostalgic for that time.

12-07-2023, 07:31 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Yeah, Newfoundland is very rural so no problem getting out...I put on hundreds of kilometers on my hiking app. Just total problems with daily living.
12-08-2023, 02:41 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I don't know what it was like in other parts of the world, but here in NZ, the rules were that you were allowed to go out for walks in your local neighbourhood for exercise as long as you didn't approach anyone outside of your household.
People were putting teddy bears or other soft toys in windows, trees, and mailboxes as an act of community when they couldn't get together in person, and on my walks I took my big Sigma 150-500 and photographed quite a few of them. It was good as I could do it all from a distance, and besides the thing is such a monster that it just about looks like a rocket launcher, and would be a bit intimidating having pointed at anyone, so useful for keeping anyone not inclined to follow the rules at a safe distance.
It was a strange time, and maybe the closest I've come to what my grandparents lived through during the war with closed borders and rationing, although in this case movement restrictions were far more severe than wartime.