Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2024, 08:54 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Single in March 2024

Welcome everyone to the Single In March 2024 challenge!

Theme days:

Sunday, 3rd March: MONOCHROME

Sunday, 10th March: PERSPECTIVE

Thursday, 21st March: B/SELFIES

Sunday, 24th March: SHADOW

Aim of the Game: To use the same lens each day for a month, posting one picture captured each day with that lens. The picture must be captured with a Pentax lens coupled to a camera body of your choice (including Pentax/Ricoh), a non-Pentax lens provided it is coupled only to a Pentax or Ricoh body, or a Pentax-Ricoh point&shoot camera. (Taking other pictures with other cameras/lenses is fine, but these wonít be eligible for this Challenge).

Commenting: Posting your pictures allows other participants to comment on them. Conversely, itís hoped that you will comment on those of other members. Please donít be shy if you donít have much photographic experience or are a Forum newbie - your personal reactions to photographs are as valid as anyone elseís. Itís a very friendly group and with regular commenting, youíll soon be enjoying the camaraderie.

The rewards: Itís great fun. Youíll learn heaps about how your chosen lens can perform and youíll see what other members achieve with their selected lenses - sometimes the same one youíve chosen. In the comment banter youíll pick up many tips on photographic technique generally, including post processing. As the month progresses it often becomes quite demanding (itís a challenge, remember) but youíll always be encouraged by other participants. Worried about LBA? - this game doesnít help you fight it!

How to participate:

1. First you need to join the Group to be able to post pictures; you only have to do this once. The groupís name is ďMonthly Photo ChallengesĒ. Youíll find a clickable link on that forum page to join.

2. Youíll need to have your pictures stored in an on-line album. This could be the Pentax Forum, or others such as Flickr, Picasa etc. You actually post a link to the picture in your album into the daily picture thread.

** If you are linking to a Pentax Forum album, youíll find advice on how to post elsewhere in the Forum and in the FAQs below. One of the Challengeís stalwarts, patjp, has also prepared a short video on how to do this - itís on YouTube (Singlein.m4v)

** If you are posting a link to Flickr, just click on the sharing icon below your selected picture and a window will open displaying the BB code. Copy it and paste into the Single in (month) Challenge thread in the Pentax Forum.

Each day, youíll see a new thread of pictures grow and by clicking on each you should be redirected to the photographerís parent album where you will be able to add a comment and read those of others. When you post each dayís picture to the Pentax Forum, please specify the camera/lens combination underneath your picture eg K5 & DA15 Ltd - this makes it easy for others to note what combo youíre using.

The thread youíre painstakingly reading now is the Discussion Thread for Game > Single in (month).

This is separate to the picture posting thread referred to above and youíll probably want to subscribe to the Discussion one to keep up with activities and develop a rapport with Challenge members. Itís the place where you can ask questions, offer advice, share concerns, suggest improvements, and often just participate in general banter related to this monthís challenge.

So there it is. It is easier than it might seem at first. If you miss a day, donít worry. If you have any problems, please ask. Weíre a very friendly, forgiving, international bunch. Come and try!

FAQs: Finally, Zorglub has kindly posted a FAQ collection here Ö. The FAQ - Monthly Photo Challenges - PentaxForums.com

Video below was created by patjp

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
02-25-2024, 08:58 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'll give it a try. Good think I have a few more days to determine which camera and lens to use. Probably the K-1 and something from Lensbaby.
02-25-2024, 10:47 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

90% in... not sure about the lens yet.
02-25-2024, 12:18 PM   #4
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

in... lens TBD...

02-25-2024, 01:34 PM - 1 Like   #5
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I got a new lens to play with so definitely in. K1ii & K50/1.2.

I'm traveling at the beginning, so not sure how it effects my posting. I try to take laptop with me, but I need to take a lot of other stuff too, so it's possible I can't fit it inside weight allowance. My laptop ain't travel friendly and has brick like 200W transformer.
02-25-2024, 01:48 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Currently, I have too big of a backlog to process/finish/post. In addition, I plan to get an A3+ photo-capable printer (multi-function device, actually) to replace our by now oversized all-in-one color laser device. Photo printing will have a learning curve. There's also a challenging scientific project to document coming up. The documentation as such is not difficult, making it look great however will be ...

By now, I think I better skip March but will for sure follow your submissions - as I currently do, even if I did not comment much yet.
02-25-2024, 02:30 PM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am not sure. Maybe I go for a graffiti round with Pentax Optio but that is big maybe.

Most likely I skip and just enjoy K2 with Rollei 25 inside. Will decide later

02-25-2024, 04:28 PM - 1 Like   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
In again. I think I need to set the 24mm aside for now and go with something else. Lens TBD
02-25-2024, 06:14 PM - 1 Like   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

Time to go in for another month, 28mm Shift, FA 50mm Macro, SMC F version II 85mm SOFT, SMC 300mm f4, Q07 shield lens, Lensbaby or something else
02-26-2024, 04:53 AM - 2 Likes   #10
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
in... lens TBD...

probably the SMC A 645 55mm f2.8, on the 645D...

there may be a surprise appearance put in by a Fuji GFX 50 later in the month...
02-26-2024, 10:51 AM   #11
Pentaxian

I'm in with another roll of Kodak ProImage 100 in my K1000 with probably the Pentax-M 28mm f3.5 for March. My lens selection may change before we get there...
02-26-2024, 12:28 PM - 4 Likes   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm in. I think maybe the A645 35/3.5 as a lightweight option after the fat fifty (which will return later this year).

This month will mark 6 years for me.
02-26-2024, 12:32 PM - 1 Like   #13
Pentaxian

Probably the HD DFA 100/2.8 macro. I've had it for a few months and still haven't singled it, so maybe it's time.

---------- Post added 02-26-24 at 08:32 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote

Wow!
02-26-2024, 01:33 PM   #14
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
I'm in. I think maybe the A645 35/3.5 as a lightweight option after the fat fifty (which will return later this year).

awesomeness!!!!
02-26-2024, 01:45 PM - 1 Like   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just realized that I have Limited lens and one that have spring color profile So maaaaaybe I do another month of 20-40, harubeni-only one.