Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster

New callosity

04-02-2009, 03:31 AM   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi drmartin,

I've been enjoying your cycling photos very much. Your shots of people in the forest with snow and ice make me think that you must be very dedicated to ride. I liked the series of the race just after you got the K100D. Based on the uniform some of the young men were wearing, it looked like the Russian team. I really liked the one with the three children. Future racers

I built a new back wheel with a new rim using the same hub and spokes. This was about 12,000km ago. Many glasses of Shiraz were used during the thinking and planning I haven't touched the tune of the wheel since and it's still true to less than .5mm. That's what I call a good result

Name:  Build Back Wheel 007 very-small.jpg
Views: 1085
Size:  64.2 KB

Even when it's dirty, Campy Record looks good

Attachment 31715

Richard

Last edited by RichardS; 06-06-2009 at 03:27 AM.
04-03-2009, 09:24 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hi Richard!
Thank you to you for the high estimation of these pictures.
If did I get it right a previous wheel a 12 000 km swept and you change for him a rim on new? I am surprised, that this difficult work you did, my congratulations! I am not able it to do
I did not see such system of brakes before. On such bald overlays in Izhevsk, riding badly - you will fall down on a turn. Asphalt for us gryaznyy- on him clay is spreaded Very much many pits and pebbles and clay puddles. Conducted paths are not present in general But we have many rains and colds in summer, and much snow and frost, ire to ride a bicycle
04-03-2009, 09:32 PM   #49
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RichardS Quote

I have a truing stand just like yours! I bought it to build up a set of road rims about ten years ago. I sold the bike to my friend and he is still happily riding them several times a week. That is a real testimony to Mavic quality and careful building.

Steve

(current bike has Rolf aero rims...too scared to touch 'em...)

04-04-2009, 02:38 PM   #50
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by drmartin Quote
Hi Richard!
Thank you to you for the high estimation of these pictures.
If did I get it right a previous wheel a 12 000 km swept and you change for him a rim on new? I am surprised, that this difficult work you did, my congratulations! I am not able it to do
The original rim had cracks at some of the spoke holes. It was my fault for tightening the spokes too much. It was not possible to get the correct tension on the spokes because the rim was too weak near the cracks. I worked out how to build the wheel using information from the internet. This is a good starting point

Building Bicycle Wheels by Sheldon Brown

and, just for you

Сборка велосипедных колес. Шелдон Браун.

The re-build wheel has so far done over 12 000 km and is still true.

Regards,
Richard.
04-05-2009, 04:45 AM   #51
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you for reference, left in select
Today I with a wife went to the lake. opened conducted a season 2009 years. 41 a km is Beauty. Snow was in-field dense in the morning, held a bicyclist. Fishermen have the most good biting of fish, go by bicycles straight overice, although already there is a danger to fail.

It was in the morning -8С
04-07-2009, 07:34 AM   #52
Veteran Member

Original Poster

A heat is so desirable, but after a window again snow-storm In expectant of heat I scan old tapes. It is a journey to the day off in the suburban forest.

04-07-2009, 08:20 AM   #53
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great idea for a thread! I'll most likely be getting my very own bike (2nd one) this month, to help me go around the city faster.
In the meantime, this is what I've been up to:

04-07-2009, 02:53 PM   #54
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Bikes always seem to be good captures! I love shooting them. Don't know why, just do.

Fairly recent captures on film...ME SUPER with 99 cents store film and target processing....

04-08-2009, 09:12 AM   #55
Veteran Member

Original Poster
ftpaddict, are you a racing motorcyclist?
jgredline, I look over all your photos and me it seems to California paradise for a man able to hold a camera in hands!
Did you again make happy me the fotografiyami- it veloakustik? Girl on a picturesque bicycle! These spiteful dogs guard a wonderful bicycle from thieves! Thank you!
04-08-2009, 12:14 PM   #56
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by drmartin Quote
jgredline, I look over all your photos and me it seems to California paradise for a man able to hold a camera in hands!
I must be use to them, but in all my travels I find that women are beautiful where ever I go. and have traveled to many places around the world.
04-08-2009, 12:15 PM   #57
Veteran Member

Ok, a few more bikes.

04-09-2009, 09:26 AM   #58
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Good photos again! HA -HA, in Russia there is child's film about Mumi-trollya, so shade from a woman on your this photo is Mumi - mother. We laugh all family, thank you!
04-09-2009, 11:11 AM   #59
Veteran Member

This Beautiful women with the Detroit shirt was visiting from Russia.. After I took her picture, she asked me why I took her picture.. I told her because she is pretty and I like to shoot pretty things...She then smiled and proceeded to pose for me. Of course the posed shots are not as nice as the candid... I took those with my Sigma 10-20mm lens.
04-09-2009, 11:15 AM   #60
Veteran Member

Here are a few more bilkes.