Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 884 Likes Search this Thread
04-09-2009, 11:32 AM   #61
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by drmartin Quote
Good photos again! HA -HA, in Russia there is child's film about Mumi-trollya, so shade from a woman on your this photo is Mumi - mother. We laugh all family, thank you!
You mean this Mumi-trollya?

I can see the resemblance in the woman's shadow!

Steve

04-09-2009, 04:25 PM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This is the stuff I used to ride,

Here's the new one, waiting for the train,

I do have the luxury to cycle every day, to work, to shop, to have a go around. I can also take it into the trains or subways if I want to.

Greez from the cyclists' heaven :-)
Georg (the other)
04-09-2009, 06:11 PM   #63
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

04-09-2009, 07:48 PM   #64
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Fast growing plants

Saw these two on the side of an apartment block in Linz, Austria...I think there is a story somewhere...

Steve

04-09-2009, 08:02 PM   #65
Veteran Member

There is a bike back there

04-10-2009, 12:44 AM   #66
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm liking your work.

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Is that a real cop? The one on the right, I mean He should get a 'good sport' award even if his smile needs a little work.
04-10-2009, 01:13 AM   #67
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A workhorse

Name:  IMGP0834_small.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  497.0 KB

This bike belongs to a friend and cost about $50 from a charity shop. My friend used to ride between 1,000km and 1,400km every week on a $175 charity shop road bike until about four to five years ago, when his step-father's Alzheimer's disease got to the stage where he had to go into a nursing home. My friend immediately stopped riding and spent nearly every day for four years looking after his 'Dad', feeding him, talking to him, reading to him and generally making himself useful in the nursing home. He's one of my heroes.

His 'Dad' died a few months ago, and it's taken until recently for my friend to get back on the bike. He's riding this thing for about six hours a day around an open-air velodrome, trying to keep up with his road bike riding friends, thinking that the extra effort needed will get him fit quicker than if he rode a road bike. Knowing him, it will.

04-10-2009, 07:19 AM   #68
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RichardS Quote
I'm liking your work.

Is that a real cop? The one on the right, I mean He should get a 'good sport' award even if his smile needs a little work.
Thanks. Yes, the cop on the right is real. It was an awkward moment to say the least. For him that is.
04-10-2009, 09:33 AM   #69
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This one has seen better days, found it today while exploring the neighborhood.

04-10-2009, 11:27 PM   #70
Veteran Member

Original Poster
jgredline,man with a forward looking doggy simply SUPER! Does this fellow go for a drive on one wheel?( I saw such in the childhood, on a circus show) Photo of constabularies -it is steep!

stevebrot, and it is a the same book! Steve, аfter a shower probably a grass grew very very quickly!

RichardS, I understood that your friend of strong spirit fellow and for him all will turn out! Pass to him from us hello, let life proceed!

georgweb, became drenched that I see on the helm of your bicycle can stop from driving away even tank! Is there this bicycle probably from platinum?

ovim, philosophical picture -time does not spare us. It in forces to convert iron into the heap of blight. The last photo reminded to me a tree from iron. Did not you have an idea to continue a theme about a ferruginous bicycle? It is credible it is possible to do interesting series, all put'- from a shop, through family and ...
04-13-2009, 09:22 AM   #71
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Domestic complete set
04-13-2009, 12:54 PM   #72

Okay, my turn.

Commuting to work; bike to bus stop; bus on interstate; bike to work.

This is how many groceries I can stuff in the panniers.

"Finding the Northwest Passage" story is here.
04-15-2009, 04:24 AM   #73
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for your photos. In Russia by buses there are no adaptations for transportation of bicycles. So to leave city centre there is a big problem. To municipal officials to spit for needs of bicyclists: (. I see at you the big bicycle backpack, you go far?
04-15-2009, 09:42 AM   #74

drmartin--

It's taken a while but most US cities have bike racks on their buses. Some cities, like Portland, are heaven for bicyclists with the whole area very very bike friendly.

No, I don't have to bike far to work. The back pack and panniers are for all the stuff I drag back and forth to work, for grocery shopping, for camera equipment, and once I tried to stuff my Dachshund in the panneir but she protested.
04-15-2009, 07:30 PM   #75
Banned

I'm an avid cyclist but I've only taken a couple of bike shots since getting my pentax a couple of months ago. Here's my buddy's 'dicycle' single speed. I'm sure I'll have a few more bike pictures as time goes by.
Attached Images