Forum Member

my bike!!

05-12-2009, 09:44 PM   #107
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by columbus Quote
my bike!!
No Way!

The picture is either really old or you got the bike recently as NOS!

Edit: Or just took incredible care of the bike! End Edit:

I bought one just like it about 17 years ago. I think yours may even be the same size frame. I rode it several thousand miles (10+), wore out several sets of tires, the original rims, spokes, handlebar tape, seat, chain rings, rear cassette and rear cluster and eventually sold it to my good friend who is still riding it. In some ways, I wish I still had it. Great bike with a quick/responsive frame. Great value too!

Steve

(I think I even remember what I spent...$185 as a close-out in about 1991 or 1992? About 10% of what I paid for its replacement!)

(BTW...I had forgotten how beautiful mine was when it was new. It looks a little worse for the wear now, but still...)

Last edited by stevebrot; 05-13-2009 at 09:03 AM.
05-13-2009, 06:37 AM   #108
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
One of my good friend photographers bought herself a second hand Koga-Miyata from the US. It certainly looks the part, and she probably paid less than half what you'd have to shell out over here in Europe.

I didn't see the appeal of road bikes at first, but when I saw how fast she could ride that thing, I'm thinking of getting one.
05-13-2009, 09:26 AM   #109
Veteran Member

Original Poster
columbus, At you a serious racing bicycle. It is surprised that you go by such protector on ice. It is possibly dangerous?

05-13-2009, 09:56 AM   #110
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
No Way!

The picture is either really old or you got the bike recently as NOS!

Edit: Or just took incredible care of the bike! End Edit:

I bought one just like it about 17 years ago. I think yours may even be the same size frame. I rode it several thousand miles (10+), wore out several sets of tires, the original rims, spokes, handlebar tape, seat, chain rings, rear cassette and rear cluster and eventually sold it to my good friend who is still riding it. In some ways, I wish I still had it. Great bike with a quick/responsive frame. Great value too!

Steve

(I think I even remember what I spent...$185 as a close-out in about 1991 or 1992? About 10% of what I paid for its replacement!)

(BTW...I had forgotten how beautiful mine was when it was new. It looks a little worse for the wear now, but still...)
Actually my Dad got it from a friend for free a few years ago. It's a nice bike- I just did a ride in NYC last weekend with it.

QuoteOriginally posted by drmartin Quote
columbus, At you a serious racing bicycle. It is surprised that you go by such protector on ice. It is possibly dangerous?
I wouldn't call it a serious racing bike haha, but it has some zip to it

And I wasn't riding it on the snow...that would be pretty hard/dangerous
05-13-2009, 11:21 AM   #111
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by columbus Quote
Actually my Dad got it from a friend for free a few years ago. It's a nice bike- I just did a ride in NYC last weekend with it.
Well, it appears to be in incredible condition. Enjoy!

Steve
05-20-2009, 09:33 PM   #112
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ThorThum Quote
I think it's a 'fender' that is on his back...."protecting from [rocks] above the wheel." The translation is fine, we just have to think more figuratively. Anyway I love bikes too, so I'll add this to the thread:

Moab with Max

This picture has it all

QuoteOriginally posted by ovim Quote
Here's a project of mine (now in parts and waiting paint).

Yep, that "wing" is a "SKS Shockboard" fender designed for suspension forks. I sell this stuff for a living.
Sweet ride

QuoteOriginally posted by drmartin Quote
Thank you for reference, left in select
Today I with a wife went to the lake. opened conducted a season 2009 years. 41 a km is Beauty. Snow was in-field dense in the morning, held a bicyclist. Fishermen have the most good biting of fish, go by bicycles straight overice, although already there is a danger to fail.

It was in the morning -8С
This is such a fun shot

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Bikes always seem to be good captures! I love shooting them. Don't know why, just do.

Fairly recent captures on film...ME SUPER with 99 cents store film and target processing....

Wow, film just has a great feel

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
This is another great one.

Always a pleasure following your work

QuoteOriginally posted by VaughnA Quote
I'm an avid cyclist but I've only taken a couple of bike shots since getting my pentax a couple of months ago. Here's my buddy's 'dicycle' single speed. I'm sure I'll have a few more bike pictures as time goes by.
This is so funny

QuoteOriginally posted by Horseonthefly Quote
Here's a quick pic of myself and my ride:

I'm behind the lens in this one, but I just love the expressions in it.
Wow, freezing the motion

05-20-2009, 10:26 PM   #113
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonson PL Quote
Wow, film just has a great feel
This is another great one.
Always a pleasure following your work
Thank you for the kind words. I so much appreciate them.
Thanks allot.
05-21-2009, 08:00 PM   #114
Veteran Member

Spotmatic SP2, Super Tak 55f/2.0, fuji 200asa e-xtra......

05-23-2009, 04:39 AM   #115
Veteran Member

Original Poster

The shepherd and its "nanny-goats"

The main judge of last competitions

The general interests - it a step to mutual understanding
05-23-2009, 07:09 AM   #116
Veteran Member

very cool thread. here is a teaser:

i'll be back with more, now i have to go (riding)

i'm just sorry i don't have one from a few months ago, while crossing the frozen lake. that was fun..

keep them coming guys, great idea

edit: i just realized, looking at the exif: this is my beloved 75-150/4 smc-m, hand-held, closeup (as you can see), at 1/10s

Last edited by nanok; 05-23-2009 at 04:02 PM.
05-23-2009, 09:27 AM   #117
Veteran Member

Nanok, I have (had) the same brake as you do, on the front.

If anyone else wants to read a slightly tongue-in-cheek report about an upgrade my bike went through today, please visit

BIKE++

While there, feel free to check out everything else. Don't forget to comment!
05-23-2009, 09:38 AM   #118
Veteran Member

When I was kid 12-16 years of age, I raced BMX and made it to the pro level. I will see If I can get some of the photos from my parents and scan some in. The main reason I stopped was because I started chasing after girl who is now my wife. ..I have started riding again with my kids recently and it is so much fun...Funny thing though. I need to remember I am 44 now, not 15 as I ate it a few weeks back...
05-23-2009, 10:20 AM   #119
Veteran Member

05-23-2009, 03:56 PM   #120
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Nanok, I have (had) the same brake as you do, on the front.

If anyone else wants to read a slightly tongue-in-cheek report about an upgrade my bike went through today, please visit

BIKE++

While there, feel free to check out everything else. Don't forget to comment!
that is, in my case also, the front disc, indeed. i see you upgraded yours. not sure if the brake systems itself was the same, but i am happy with mine, except the horrid noise it started to make after just a couple hundred km (well, the first couple of hundreds were gravel though, but she's not going to see much better in the future either, if i have my way -- i hate tarmack ). it's an almost undescribeable sound, it's like squeaqing, but not quite (it's intermittent somehow), very weird (perhaps a type of squirell mincer :-D ), why did you change yours? (you don't seem heavy enough to need more stopping power than that )

wait, you mean to tell me people actually buy treks down in "wonder land"? now you got me curious, do you happen to know what a 4300 (say, last years model) costs (the normal one, not the disc one). i used to have a trek (a 4300, older model), bought second hand. i now have something i bought new, which is probably lower end (as a brand), but suiths me fine for the time being. the trek is now being enjoyed by my brother . anyway, my point is: don't worry, treks are nice, but other bikes are good too, don't be sad