Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 884 Likes Search this Thread
05-23-2009, 07:16 PM   #121
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonson PL Quote
Wow, freezing the motion
Flash Freeze

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
When I was kid 12-16 years of age, I raced BMX and made it to the pro level. I will see If I can get some of the photos from my parents and scan some in. The main reason I stopped was because I started chasing after girl who is now my wife. ..I have started riding again with my kids recently and it is so much fun...Funny thing though. I need to remember I am 44 now, not 15 as I ate it a few weeks back...
I'm very interested to see your pics! I race a little bmx and a good friend of mine races A-pro.

It's nice to see so many different groups of riders represent!

05-23-2009, 10:04 PM   #122
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Horseonthefly Quote
Flash Freeze

I'm very interested to see your pics! I race a little bmx and a good friend of mine races A-pro.
I am planning going to my folks house tomorrow and I will dig them out. To show you how long ago it was, I was sporting a
''short framed'' mongoose. When the long frame that was fully chromoly steel came out, I was in heaven..A table top was a big deal and 360'S WHERE UN HEARD OF...I still enjoy the x games today and love them so very much!
05-23-2009, 10:45 PM   #123
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
All greetings! I long searched for loss of this thread. Thought it have removed. Thank God I have found it yesterday. And I hope people of my city will see here many your photos. That we here have seen all to us really interestingly and very exotically. Thanks!
05-24-2009, 01:39 AM   #124
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by nanok Quote
that is, in my case also, the front disc, indeed. i see you upgraded yours. not sure if the brake systems itself was the same, but i am happy with mine, except the horrid noise it started to make after just a couple hundred km (well, the first couple of hundreds were gravel though, but she's not going to see much better in the future either, if i have my way -- i hate tarmack ). it's an almost undescribeable sound, it's like squeaqing, but not quite (it's intermittent somehow), very weird (perhaps a type of squirell mincer :-D ), why did you change yours? (you don't seem heavy enough to need more stopping power than that )

wait, you mean to tell me people actually buy treks down in "wonder land"? now you got me curious, do you happen to know what a 4300 (say, last years model) costs (the normal one, not the disc one). i used to have a trek (a 4300, older model), bought second hand. i now have something i bought new, which is probably lower end (as a brand), but suiths me fine for the time being. the trek is now being enjoyed by my brother . anyway, my point is: don't worry, treks are nice, but other bikes are good too, don't be sad
I upgraded the brake just because of the intermittent squealing you're experiencing. The noise comes from a faulty bushing from the brake assembly, and there's nothing you can do about it. Changing the pads might help a little at first, but it's a design flaw. The new BB-5 can plant your face in concrete if you're not careful. Excellent brakes.

Why are you surprised about Treks being sold in wherever "wonder land" is? They're very good bikes, and many people can afford them. I've got a Hungarian-made bicycle and apart from the brake and fork (which, I admit, was my fault for ruining it), everything works very well.

I've seen many excellent bicycles here. Cannondale, Commençal, Gary Fisher, Kona etc.

05-24-2009, 02:30 PM   #125
Veteran Member

interesting, so the noise is because the pads have some "play" in that bushing? maybe i should go and claim my warranty .

treks are nice, yes. i do not doubt people can afford them, they can afford x5'sand whatnot, so why not trek bikes, what startles me is that enough people would care enough to actually buy them. some time ago i was riding a bike daily in "wonderland", and i was regarded by most as technically insane (and i don't blame them, you must be a bit out in the woods to do it, especially in the capital -- i'vebeen ran over more than once, and not only by mistake, btw ), it's nice to hear that things are changing and people see the interest in higher end bycycles, a clear sign of a healthy economy and higher life standard :P
05-25-2009, 12:34 AM   #126
Veteran Member

interesting, so the noise is because the pads have some "play" in that bushing? maybe i should go and claim my warranty .

treks are nice, yes. i do not doubt people can afford them, they can afford x5'sand whatnot, so why not trek bikes, what startles me is that enough people would care enough to actually buy them. some time ago i was riding a bike daily in "wonderland", and i was regarded by most as technically insane (and i don't blame them, you must be a bit out in the woods to do it, especially in the capital -- i'vebeen ran over more than once, and not only by mistake, btw ), it's nice to hear that things are changing and people see the interest in higher end bycycles, a clear sign of a healthy economy and higher life standard :P

That's what one of the Trek techies told me. He's owned several dozen bikes over the years; from the cheapest possible, to some multi-thousand-euro rigs.

Biking is slowly taking off here in Romania, and I couldn't be happier about it. I'm sorry to hear you've been run over, especially since it was done on purpose. It hasn't happened to me, and I really hope it won't.

I'm training to hit the trail and participate in the 50 Km XC competition next year.
05-25-2009, 06:13 AM   #127
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
That's what one of the Trek techies told me. He's owned several dozen bikes over the years; from the cheapest possible, to some multi-thousand-euro rigs.
my regards to him. it's nice to have an explanation for what is going on, i thought it was just my bike/the dust from the types of trails i tend to run on. it hasn't given any signs of failing yet, i hope it doesn't, but i guess i should find time to talk to the vendors about it. thanks again for the insight.

QuoteQuote:
Biking is slowly taking off here in Romania, and I couldn't be happier about it.
yup, i gather that, i hope it really takes off, only good things can come from it, here (ceska republika) they somehow managed to get a _lot_ of people into it, there are trails everywhere, it's a huge business, and i dare say people seem healthier on average because of it. you can find pubs on the trails, where you can stop and eat for very reasonable prices, and drink some soda or a beer. i will post some pictures if i can find, the landscape in these "pubs" during the summer is nothing short of breathtaking (a firend who visited, although warned by me beforehand, just silently raised his camera (k10d ) and took a shot of the stacked bikes, and said something to the effect of "****.")

QuoteQuote:
I'm sorry to hear you've been run over, especially since it was done on purpose. It hasn't happened to me, and I really hope it won't.
neah, no big deal, i lived, it was fun. the one who did it on purpose tried 3 or 4 times before he succeded. it was a bus (so a "professional" driver), i hope he retired now..

QuoteQuote:
I'm training to hit the trail and participate in the 50 Km XC competition next year.
good luck with that! i wish i was that competitive myself, i just do it for fun (and any uphill climb makes me wish i was 15 again :-P )

i should post "the rest" of my bike, but i only have a crappy picture i got two days ago. oh well, i'll have to try harder next time..

edit: so here it is

05-25-2009, 08:53 AM   #128
Veteran Member

nanok, please look into your hotlinking methods. Whenever I access this thread page, it asks me for a username and password that leads to an account you own.

No picture on sight either.
05-25-2009, 09:45 AM   #129
Veteran Member

nanok, please look into your hotlinking methods. Whenever I access this thread page, it asks me for a username and password that leads to an account you own.

No picture on sight either.
Yes, it is annoying.
05-25-2009, 01:22 PM   #130
Veteran Member

my appologies, silly me

edit: should be fixed now, please let me know if it's still not okay
05-25-2009, 01:31 PM   #131
Veteran Member

ME SUPER, M40F/2.8, Ilford XP-2 400.

05-25-2009, 07:40 PM   #132
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MJ² Quote
I am a lover of all things two-wheeled:

Wow! How fast have you had the Blackbird with that configuration? That is a 180+ mph motorcycle, but probably not as pictured LOL!
05-26-2009, 02:37 AM   #133
Veteran Member

my appologies, silly me

edit: should be fixed now, please let me know if it's still not okay
That is a very nice Schwinn. It looks as if you have lots of fun with it.
05-26-2009, 04:47 AM   #134
Veteran Member

That is a very nice Schwinn. It looks as if you have lots of fun with it.
yup, it's nice (except for the singing breaks), and not horribly expensive either (i love buying last years model :-D ). you mean the mud on the frame? i'm having as much fun as i can, not as much as i would like to, though.
05-26-2009, 03:39 PM   #135
Veteran Member

Taken in Beijing Olympic Forrest park.