Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-15-2009, 12:32 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Some more from the east coast

Here's another covered bridge to go with the one ve2vfd posted, this time near Sackville NB. Taken with the Zenitar 16mm FE the first day out shooting with it.

Here's a scenic piece of junk near the bridge to PEI.

Another fisheye, this time of an abandoned resort on the Aspotogan Peninsula in NS. They got it built, then ran out of funds to finish the interior. Lots of local contractors got stiffed, apparently.

And an attempt at artiness, a B&W of Shepody Mountain (oh, stop laughing you Rockies people!) viewed from across the mouths of the Petitcodiac and Memramcook rivers, near Dorchester NB.

I'm enjoying everybody's scenery from across the country - it certainly does vary. Great shots, all.

Julie

07-15-2009, 09:52 PM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I love those mountain shots, Dave. Every time I see snow covered mountains, I feel my heart beating faster as I work out how I'd try to ski them

Richard.
07-15-2009, 10:21 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Here's from Halifax

The Citadel

Just a Church

A mostly unused rail track in Halifax

Last edited by Andi Lo; 07-17-2009 at 05:20 AM.
07-16-2009, 05:16 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Edicon - I saw Niagara Falls back in the early 80's man that is a beuatiful spot for sure. I love your Pano ! Also visited Toronto a couple of time on a course. Saw a Blue Jays game at what was then the Sky Dome and of course CN Tower.

Foxglvoe - ahh Sackville I spent a year a Mount Allision University - was some of the fondess memories of my youth - I did not learn much as I was just too young to take it serioulsy haha - it was about 5 years later I went back to school on my own dime that time Lessons learned. I have always wanted to see the Confederation Bridge as well. When I was there is was a ferry ride from NS or NB, I remmeber in winter the waters could get pretty rough and damn cold ! Love the fisheye shot. IS tha resort really abandoned ? Wow it lookls very nice. And hey that is a real mountain and a nice conversion.

Thanks for the comments Ricjards - indeed I am not all that far from some of the best sking in the world. Jasper, Banff,Lake Louise, Golden, Whistler (2010 Olympics ) well Whistler is a fair drive (10 hours) but doable. I use to ski not so much anymore but I do love the view.

AndiLo - I spent some time in Greenwood NS, did not get to Halifax as often as I would have liked. It was not until I came out west where 100 mile drives seems like something you do for a lunch date - Nice captures of the city.

Last edited by daacon; 07-16-2009 at 07:44 AM.
07-16-2009, 05:48 AM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
ahh Sackville I spent a year a Mount Allision University - was some of the fondess memories of my youth - I did not learn much as I was just too young to take it serioulsy
That appears to be the case with most of the students at Mt A! I suspect that most people should go do something else for a while, and decide for themselves if university is right for them - an awful lot come because their parents expect it, and they're just not ready! Good for you to come back to it later.

QuoteQuote:
IS tha resort really abandoned ? Wow it lookls very nice.
Yup, crazy eh? All finished on the outside, a fabulous location, heck, there's even a helipad - they figured wealthy guests would fly into Halifax and take a quick helicopter hop straight there. It's quite close to Halifax. As of a couple years ago, there was a security guard on duty but no sign of activity. I suppose nobody can come in and finish it until the various creditors have been paid off, and who knows when that will happen in the current economy?

QuoteQuote:
And hey that is a real mountain and a nice conversion.
Thanks for the compliment on the conversion! It seemed to suit the subject. I've been out west and I know it's not a real mountain, though! It's maybe a couple hundred metres. From other angles, it doesn't look mountainous at all. I've been meaning to do a series of it, different angles and seasons.

Thanks for the comments!

Julie
07-17-2009, 04:24 AM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Edicon - I saw Niagara Falls back in the early 80's man that is a beuatiful spot for sure. I love your Pano ! Also visited Toronto a couple of time on a course. Saw a Blue Jays game at what was then the Sky Dome and of course CN Tower.
It was 1973 for me, when I was working in Detroit. I noticed that most of the guys who were watching the falls from the area of the #2 photo lasted for about 10 minutes before they had to go to the loo and demonstrate that they could do better than the falls Oh yeah, it's still the Red Wings for me
Thanks for the comments Ricjards - indeed I am not all that far from some of the best sking in the world. Jasper, Banff,Lake Louise, Golden, Whistler (2010 Olympics ) well Whistler is a fair drive (10 hours) but doable. I use to ski not so much anymore but I do love the view.
The son of friends spent a couple of years in Whistler as a ski instructor/liftie. He showed me photos of the Saudan Couloir and I was thinking to myself ... hmmm ... I could do that. Maybe.
07-17-2009, 05:20 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Thanks Dave I really need tog et out of Halifax myself, but with no car it's really hard and my friends in architecture school are all busy.

Here's some more that I forgot to put

St Mary's Basilica, one of the most overexposed subjects in Halifax?

Grain Elevator Tower by the Port

The Grain Elevator was shot from inside this sort of convention center
07-17-2009, 06:47 PM   #38
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Haven't been posting much lately. But here are a couple:

US Falls from the Skylon Tower in Niagara Falls Canada.

As well as the Horseshoe Falls from the same location:

07-20-2009, 10:39 AM   #39
Inactive Account

OK, all you Niagara Falls photogs........where's your photos of the Niagara Wine Region????????????

mmmmmmmmmmmmm......... Vineland Estates 2005 Cab-Merlot........mmmmmmmmm........ and all the other awesome wine coming out of Ontario.............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

......or even you Okanagan people........?????????????????

Wine and Photography go hand in hand - didn't you know.....but it seems the more I indulge in the wine, the worse my photos get (if that's possible).........
07-24-2009, 05:56 AM   #40
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Original Poster
Some wonderful stuff everyone but it's a big country. Stop talking about your cameras and use them. Post up!!

Last edited by Peter Zack; 07-24-2009 at 06:19 AM.
07-24-2009, 06:12 AM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Andi Lo - nice Halix shots , I love the church and grain elevator .

madmikess - very cool waterfall. That Skylon tower looks like a perfect place for the big fall shots. Awesome.

Well the Okanagan Valley in BC has some great scenery. I get there once a year for a ball tournament. Don't usually have a lot of time to travel about but always manage a few shots. It's usually quite hot there in June / July so when we do have free time we tend to head for the water.

Click on image for larger view

07-24-2009, 12:00 PM   #42
Veteran Member

Here are a few from a recent trip to PEI...

I'll see if I can dig up some shots from the area where I live. I don't shoot landscapes much when I'm at home (a bit habit I have to break )
07-24-2009, 11:08 PM   #43
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Aussie's view of the Rockies

Flew over south-west Canada on the way to Alaska in February. It appears to be a cold place.
Attached Images

07-27-2009, 01:13 PM   #44

Another share:

Windmills near Owen Sound (Ontario)

Cheers,
07-27-2009, 02:58 PM   #45
Veteran Member

Some photos from around the Toronto Islands: