Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2018, 11:24 AM - 1 Like   #1216
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Boeing E-4

At the Boeing factory in Everett, Washington.

Shot on Kodachrome, with a Ricoh XR2S, with a Vivitar 90-230mm zoom lens.

Copied with a Pentax K5IIs, and A50mm f1.7 lens with a Pentax Auto Bellows M and Slide Copier For Auto Bellows M.

10-28-2018, 09:03 PM - 5 Likes   #1217
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Taken Today at the Wings over Dallas Air Show.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
10-29-2018, 06:38 AM - 5 Likes   #1218
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Some pics of the F-14 on the flight deck of the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space museum in NYC. The aircraft is F-14 number 7, which was used by Grumman as the development flight test aircraft for new technology evaluation. As shown on the Intrepid, it's configured for testing the advanced engines used in the F-14D. Taken with a K-3II and HD DA 16-85mm lens.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
11-03-2018, 09:25 AM - 2 Likes   #1219
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Antonov An124.

Pentax K-1, Sigma 135mm f2.8 Pantel lens.

11-10-2018, 01:41 PM - 2 Likes   #1220
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Some views of the Lockheed A-12 (built for the CIA) on the flight deck of the Interpid in NYC. K-3II and HD DA 16-85mm.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
11-20-2018, 01:57 AM - 4 Likes   #1221
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by K-Three Quote
Caughtthis Antonov-124 on 10/17/18 afternoon as my ferry docked at Eagle Harbor (westside of Puget Sound). Guessing he may have taken off from Paine Field atEverett. It was headed south and climbing, not in the pattern for either BoeingField or Seatac. This shot is at the end of my 55-300 lens and cropped heavily(not real proud of this shot, but it tells a story).
Markings have it as a Volga-Dnepr aircraft, which is apparently a Russiancarrier specializing in heavy lift cargos.
More or less equal to a USAF C-5? Not sure there is a commercial equal in thewest.
Got my curiosity up what it may have been hauling in or out.
Huge plane, always grab my attention when I can see any of them passing from Athens. Until now I've only seen it (I didn't have the chance to photograph it) but I'm very interested in those Antonov cargo planes that is a rare sight around my place. I'm mostly interested in the propeller driven ones An-12 and An-22. Last week I had the chance to photograph my first An-12 (I was lucky to carry my K-1 along with the DFA* 70-200 and the 1.7X TC, a combo that I tried for the first time and it gave excellent results!) and this is a photo from that landing. I also attach a pic of the mighty An-225 Mriya, a plane that all aviation lovers have to see! I had shot it with my Nikon D7000+Bigma 50-500,back then. It was the period that I had also bought a K-5 and after my assessments I decided to switch to Pentax (a decision that have never regretted!)

11-24-2018, 03:20 PM - 4 Likes   #1222
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Enterprise space shuttle flight test/training article in the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space museum in NYC. Until you stand under it, you don't realize how large it actually is. Too bad there isn't enough room to get complete pics of it. All shots handheld (ISO 800 - 1600) with a K-3II and HD DA 16-85mm.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
11-24-2018, 06:25 PM - 1 Like   #1223

some pics of HH-60s and Danish helo as well as a comercial airliner.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
12-02-2018, 01:45 PM - 4 Likes   #1224
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I just came across a couple of hundred 35mm slides and negatives that I took in the early to mid-80's at NASA's Ames Research Center (at Moffett Field in CA) and the EAA Airshow in Oshkosh, WI. I've got to scan them all in and process them. I'll post some of the more interesting ones as I go along. In 1982, I was out at Ames running some wind tunnel tests on the X-29 and had the run of the airfield out there and took a load of pics of both NASA aircraft undergoing testing and being used for various non-aircraft related research programs. These 2 pics show the XV-15 undergoing flight test. For those not familiar with the XV-15, it was built by Bell as a demonstrator for the tilt-rotor technology that eventually went into the V-22 currently used by the US military. The pics were taken with my ME and a 50mm/ƒ1.7 lens. I can't remember whether I used a 2x teleconverter for these or not.
Attached Images

12-06-2018, 09:33 AM - 3 Likes   #1225
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A few shots from the EAA annual air show in Oshkosh in 1985. The first is the full-scale model of our X-29 Forward Swept Wing aircraft, which we brought to the airshow for display. It later spent a few years in the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum in DC. The next two shots show a low-altitude flyby by a KC-135 tanker performing a simulated airborne refueling of an A-10. Taken with a Pentax Program Plus with a Sigma 70-210mm lens on Kodachrome 25 slide film.
Attached Images

12-13-2018, 01:32 PM - 4 Likes   #1226
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A couple more from Oshkosh in 1985, also taken with my Pentax Program Plus with a Sigma 70-210mm lens on Kodachrome 25 slide film.

1) Douglas A-26
2) Grumman Avenger
Attached Images

Last edited by subsea; 12-13-2018 at 04:52 PM.
12-18-2018, 10:20 AM - 3 Likes   #1227
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

2 more from Oshkosh. Both of a P-2V, first on its take-off roll and then on a low altitude pass down the runway.
Attached Images

12-20-2018, 07:08 PM - 1 Like   #1228
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Flying into Christmas Airport.

Pentax K-1, Industar 61LZ 50mm f2.8
01-01-2019, 09:03 AM - 4 Likes   #1229
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Happy New Year to all!!

First post of 2019: 3 more from Oshkosh in 1985. The first 2 are of a B-52 that did some (very) low level passes over the field during Warbirds day at the show. These are the only shots I've ever gotten of a B-52 in flight.

The third shot is one of my all time favorite airshow pictures. At first glance, it looks like a catastrophic crash on the runway. But that's only till you look closely at the expression on the face of the EAA staff member who's turned away from the runway. She has a huge smile on her face, while holding her ears! The real story is that, as the B-52 flew overhead, they set off pyrotechnics (a lot of them!) next to the runway to simulate dropping ordinance. As guests of honor at the show, our seats were in the front row of the viewing gallery, as close to the runway as allowed. I can testify to how loud the combination of the B-52 flyby and the pyrotechnics was, as well as the fact that you could feel the heat generated by the blasts. I've never seen anything like this at another airshow.
Attached Images

01-01-2019, 09:20 AM   #1230
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by subsea Quote
Happy New Year to all!!

First post of 2019: 3 more from Oshkosh in 1985. The first 2 are of a B-52 that did some (very) low level passes over the field during Warbirds day at the show. These are the only shots I've ever gotten of a B-52 in flight.

The third shot is one of my all time favorite airshow pictures. At first glance, it looks like a catastrophic crash on the runway. But that's only till you look closely at the expression on the face of the EAA staff member who's turned away from the runway. She has a huge smile on her face, while holding her ears! The real story is that, as the B-52 flew overhead, they set off pyrotechnics (a lot of them!) next to the runway to simulate dropping ordinance. As guests of honor at the show, our seats were in the front row of the viewing gallery, as close to the runway as allowed. I can testify to how loud the combination of the B-52 flyby and the pyrotechnics was, as well as the fact that you could feel the heat generated by the blasts. I've never seen anything like this at another airshow.
Happy New Year to you and your family too Mark! That is a “huge” new year’s post in many aspects! Thanks for sharing!