Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-06-2009, 12:45 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
WINNERS - PP Competition #3

So I hope that everyone here has noticed just how much the post-processing can change a photo. You guys took my original photo - which I admit was a difficult case - and really did some extraordinary things with it. Sometimes it looked sinister, sometimes inviting, sometimes like a scene out of a fairy tale.

So now, the winners!

Honorable mentions:

SWEngineer: I love the red toning! This one is the most storybook image for me. Great work!

nate: I usually don't like the Orton effect all that much, but I was delighted to see how it made this image sing

atupdate: Way to think outside the box and inside the sphere

Third Place: (tie)

Jasvox

dananielson

Even though these look similar, Jasvox's has a darker, cooler tone to it, which really brings out the trees for me. dananielson's really highlights the hill, making me want to be sitting right in the middle of it with a good book.

Second Place:

X Man:

What a brave decision to go with black-and-white, but you handled the conversion perfectly. And that flare, ooh la la!

First Place:

My hat goes off to Ansbert's version. I know I said "more is more," and I meant it. Even though this may be one of the more "traditional" looks in the competition in terms of color and saturation, this version brings out the best of every single aspect of the photo. Ansbert made that hill look like velvet, and the trees crackle with light. When you do this good a job at post-processing, you make it look easy, but I know just how much must have gone into it. Bravo, Ansbert, and have fun hosting the next competition!

09-06-2009, 03:18 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Congrats Ansbert, and all who entered.
It really shows how much PP can make an image pop.
Well done to all.
WIshed I had the time to post an entry...
09-06-2009, 06:19 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Congrats to all the entries and a very worthy winner...looking forward to the next challenge!
09-06-2009, 06:39 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Wow, hats off to the winners, especially the first placer.

09-06-2009, 08:55 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Hehe- called that one when I saw the entry!

Great job, Ansbert- lots o' respect out to ya!
09-07-2009, 04:25 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
congratulations to the winners!
09-07-2009, 05:38 AM   #7
Banned

I was going to post an entry, but the photo was a real challenge to my typical photo view. congrats to the winner and all who entered. very well done guys and gals. I look forward to the next competition.

09-07-2009, 09:34 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Cool, thank you very much, and congrats to the winner Ansbert and to all the other entrants.

Regards,
Mike
09-07-2009, 11:50 AM   #9

Wow, I am so flattered that you chose mine as one of the winners! I normally don't PP very much but this is a great idea for a contest and a good way to practice so I just had to enter.

Congratulations to all other entrants... there were a lot of great ones!
09-08-2009, 04:41 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Wow, I'm suprised...

Thanks K McCall, for choosing and allowing us to try different challenge through post processing..

To all the winners and honorable mentions... nice work and good Job!

Thanks to all who greet me, I'm not worthy

-- abet
09-08-2009, 05:05 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Congrats Ansbert! Wonderful treatment of a difficult original image...

Mike