Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2009, 08:42 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Post your 9/11 related photos

For both those here in the states and others around the world, I think that the events of 9/11/2001 had some kind of an impact on all of us. Maybe you knew someone who knew someone, or perhaps you are a frequent traveler who witnesses the resonance of that day every time you go through security to get on a airplane. Whatever the case may be, if you have photo's related to those events share them with us while we remember the innocent lives that were lost that day.

I was in NYC early this summer and snapped the following photos at Battery Park.

cropped from the image above...

09-11-2009, 08:45 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I don't think anyone will ever forget. I know where I was when this happened and for the rest of the day I was glued to the TV. So many countries lost people. Let's hope they are never forgotten! JIM
09-11-2009, 09:02 AM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I was in the US the week before the tragedy, and boarded flight 11 whilst I was there...
May it serve as a reminder to hold our loved ones dearly and not forget those lost.
09-11-2009, 09:41 AM   #4
rm2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A song

I am grateful that I was not at New York that day, but many of my friends were. We have offices located just across the river from where the World Trade center was. They all were looking trough the windows and were able to see some horrible things that I rather not mention.

In any case, there is a song that very much reflects my feelings of what happened there. I always thought it would be a good background for a 9/11 slide presentation.

YouTube - Electric Light Orchestra - Getting To The Point

09-11-2009, 10:53 AM   #5
Inactive Account

I have family in Elizabeth NJ in emergency services, and they were there within minutes of the first plane hitting. The stories and photos from the scene are gutwrenching. I got to Ground Zero in 2003 for the first time after 9/11 (was there many times before) and it hit me pretty hard. I've got a photo of the skyline hanging in my office and I look at it several times a day. My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to the victims, the families, and everybody in the free world affected by 9/11. Our world changed that day.

09-11-2009, 11:20 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Very sad day,in fact i still remember it well,and i live in australia.
i was at work at the time(chef)when it hit the news.....the whole place stood still and nobody could really BELIEVE what they just witnessed on the tube.
R.I.P
09-11-2009, 12:07 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I was assigned to the Pentagon on 9/11 but was at another facility that terrible morning. Had the attack come one day later I probably would have been killed because I had an appointment in that part of the building. As it was, we were ordered to stay away (not that we could have driven there anyway) and return to work the next morning. We spent the 12th and 13th watching for water to start coming thru the ceiling (from the firefighting less than 100 yds away and 2 floors up). You could smell the smoke everywhere and it was understandably hard to get much work done but we had to prepare to transfer computer operations to our backup location. Fortunately that order never came.

My thoughts are never far from those innocent victims who died and the heros on Flt 93 who prevented more deaths.

Mike

09-11-2009, 12:21 PM   #8
mel
Veteran Member

a quick drive-by of ground zero last March

a very good friend of mine was standing in this vicinity as he watched the towers go down (not sure if it's the exact spot but this is the area)
09-11-2009, 12:27 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Having been at about 6000 feet above the East river, heading south, with a right hand window seat at just before 9:00am on 9/11,

I have no need for photos.
09-11-2009, 08:37 PM   #10

I spent 3 long days from late on the 12th to late on the 15th with 9 other firefighters from PA doing everything from digging to humping supplies to setting up triage areas. Absolutely 3 of the worst days of my life.
I took some pics on about the 14th with a disposable camera.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
09-11-2009, 09:03 PM   #11
Damn Brit

Moved to 'Mini Challenges, Games and Photo Stories'.