Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-02-2009, 09:41 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Panorama-orama - Post your Panos

We've got threads for birds in flight, hats, men at work, bicycles, pets and many more but nowhere to showcase the panoramas that put our CPUs into meltdown.

I invite you all to add your panoramas to this thread.

11-02-2009, 09:45 PM - 4 Likes   #2
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I love travel so most of my panoramas are of places I've visited.

Nyhavn, Copenhagen, Denmark

3 pics stitched together in PS CS3

Porto, Portugal. Looking Looking down the River Douro from Vila Nova de Gaia

2 pics stitched together in PS CS3

Mosteiro dos Jerónimos in the Belém district of Lisbon, Portugal

2 pics stitched together in PS CS3

11-02-2009, 10:11 PM - 7 Likes   #3
Veteran Member

this is my best - only the tiny version though! have a 30" wide print of it on my wall at home

and another
11-03-2009, 12:21 AM - 2 Likes   #4
Veteran Member

I'm in - here are a few that have been posted before...

Click to link to a larger version...

11-03-2009, 04:52 AM - 3 Likes   #5
Veteran Member

2 slide film frames stitched in Elements 5.0
11-03-2009, 06:56 AM - 10 Likes   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The earth ain't flat and I have the evidence

K20D with DA10-17 fisheye, stitched with ptgui from 7 originals.

This is Stockholm (capital of Sweden) shot from ~115m above sea level (you can hint the baltic sea in the inner archipelageo on the upper right, north-east). I'm standing on a ~12m metal frame tower on top of the elevator machine room (dark grey square) on top of the concrete tower. The elevator goes to the 20th floor, after which we have to climb three steep stairs indoor, a fourth outdoor up in the machine room roof, and then 12 m vertical ladder to reach the platform. The tower is used for radio communication and mobile phone networking.

From the platform my research group at Stockholm University samples the concentration of carbondioxide and aerosol particles and turbulent motions which enables us to derive the emissions of both carbondioxide and aerosol particles from traffic combustion to the north and west of the tower. In the south to south-east we instead see how the forest area takes up carbondioxide through the photosynthesis of the plants and how particles are deposited.
The purpose of this photo is to show the surroundings and the different source or sink regions for carbondioxide and particles around the measurement site. It will probaby be included in some posters on scientific conferences and some publication in scientific journals together with measured data.

I'm not completely happy with the result because after having taken some shot inside the machine room where we have our computer and data logging I forgot to decrease the ISO when I got up onto the platform, so I need to go there again with the camera. Then I will probably also try to use the DA15ltd. After this shot I changed the settings on my K20D so that the top display show the ISO instead of remainging pictures on the memory card. Hopefully it will help avoiding such misstakes even when I'm in a cold and windy place like this.

Some land marks: to the north to north-west are the central Stockholm including Södermalm and the old town. If you zoom in there are many familiar land marks for those who are familiar with Stockholm. Just north of the tower is what used to be a worn down harbour area, Hammarby-hamn, but is since a few years a fancy living, office and shopping area (large emissions from cars here). Just north-east of the tower surfaces one of the exits from the long traffic tunnel that goes south of Stockholm. The green area to the east and south-east are the northern end of the Tyresö park, a large protected green area, but as you can see, the living areas just south of the tower are also rather green with low emissions. To the south-west you can see the indoor arena "Globen" (the white globe), a well known land mark of modern Stockholm (no it was not where Schakespear put up his original plays).

Last edited by Douglas_of_Sweden; 09-17-2010 at 04:21 PM. Reason: stupid typo
11-03-2009, 09:03 AM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

Wow, that's fantastic, Douglas!

Here a couple, I think the first was digital (though may be film), the second definitely film. Available at gargantuan size on flicr...

S-M-C 55/1.8

FA 43/1.9

11-03-2009, 09:48 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I always try to take some panorama pics when I'm doing a photo shoot. They're not always spectacular images, but I end up with a few good ones.

I was able to set up my brother to take these pictures of me in my raft and then stitch them at home.

(I appear five times in the same raft. You can see the other rafters on the left on top of the rock).
11-03-2009, 10:07 AM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A couple that have been posted before:

Rocky Mtn National Park, a pano from around 11,000 feet or so on the high road... Handheld on monopod, K100D with 18-55 kit lens (Mk I), 8 images stitched in PSE 6.
(link to full image: here)

And one from the plains of northeastern Colorado (same rig but tripod this time)
(full image at here)

Jim
11-03-2009, 11:48 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dragonfly Quote
I always try to take some panorama pics when I'm doing a photo shoot. They're not always spectacular images, but I end up with a few good ones.

I was able to set up my brother to take these pictures of me in my raft and then stitch them at home.

(I appear five times in the same raft. You can see the other rafters on the left on top of the rock).
That's a really funny idea!
11-03-2009, 12:38 PM - 1 Like   #11
Pentaxian

Douglas, I love your shot. Here's a couple I've done...

The bull ring in Seville, Spain

NY harbor taken from the Brooklyn Bridge on foggy day.

11-03-2009, 02:17 PM - 1 Like   #12
Veteran Member

Nice harbor - here's one from nearly the opposite side - the Heights Promenade which is all the way to the left in the above shot...
11-03-2009, 03:17 PM - 1 Like   #13
Veteran Member

A few from Utah - some great shots in here

Horizonal

Vertical

11-04-2009, 11:32 AM - 3 Likes   #14

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A two shot pano from one of my trips to Colorado.

11-06-2009, 09:46 PM   #15
Inactive Account