Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2009, 09:54 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bokeh Seek-n-Find

This is my first attempt at a game/challenge, so be kind (hopefully it hasn't been done before). The inspiration for it comes from a couple memories from childhood. We used to play the "cloud game" while driving on vacation, picking out animals or other shapes the clouds looked like and pointing them out to everyone. I also enjoyed finding the hidden items in the "Highlights For Kids" magazine at the dentist's office.

This game combines the two as bokeh can have a cloudlike appearance or create other images that only our imaginations bring out.

Here's the rules as I see them, though I'm happy to let it run in any direction that keeps it fun for everyone:

Post any photo where there's a definite subject (i.e. no intentionally OOF shots).

Standard size restrictions apply.

Along with the photo, post a list of items to look for in the bokeh.

Also make an "answer key" to post later if needed. (Circle and number the items in PP).

The first person to find all the items and post a list of where they were found will get to post the next challenge photo. Copying the original to circle in PP is also a fine way to answer. That's it. Hope this turns out the way I envision.

I'll start us off....

Find the following:
1. An astronaut with arms outstretched.
2. A sabre-style sword.
3. A goofy dinosaur-looking creature's face.
4. A bird's beak (can also look cartoonish with eyes and a tongue).
5. A hamburger with eyes.

Go!....

Last edited by jheu02; 09-10-2010 at 11:35 AM.
11-06-2009, 12:04 PM   #2
Forum Member

I'll play. I think I found them, they're circled in red. Plus I also found a skull, which is circled in green.

11-06-2009, 07:43 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by elcahall Quote
I'll play. I think I found them, they're circled in red. Plus I also found a skull, which is circled in green.
Well, you got the astronaut, the sabre and the goofy dinosaur. The skull ws actually the bird's beak, but like clouds, everyone sees things a little differently. The burger was actually above the beak, cartoonish with a blue bun.

Now it's your turn to post one. I thought it might also be good to post the lens that created the bokeh. This one was from an Auto Chinon 50mm 1.7.

Last edited by jheu02; 09-10-2010 at 11:39 AM.
11-09-2009, 06:35 PM   #4
Forum Member

My apologies for not checking on this until now. A member of my family passed away this past Friday and I haven't been online until today. I'll look through my archives at work tomorrow and post a pic to continue the game within the next day or so.

11-09-2009, 08:52 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by elcahall Quote
My apologies for not checking on this until now. A member of my family passed away this past Friday and I haven't been online until today. I'll look through my archives at work tomorrow and post a pic to continue the game within the next day or so.
Sorry to hear that, my condolences. If you need time and or want to bump for someone else to put one into play that's fine also.
11-10-2009, 02:59 PM   #6
Forum Member

Bokeh Seek & Find - Do You See What I See?

See if you can find:
The letter "E" (it could also be an "F")
A question mark
An arm with the hand reaching into a bucket
A cupped hand reaching down
A teddy bear's face
ET's face (could also be an alien's face)

If I remember correctly, this was taken with my Quantaray (rebadged Tamron) 70-300.

11-10-2009, 03:00 PM   #7
Forum Member

Thank you John. Your concern and patience is very much appreciated.

Eileen
11-11-2009, 08:21 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I'll give it a go as I think I've found them, though there may be 2 bears. It's funny how, once you see the image, you almost can't "not" see it.

Anyone else want to give it a go? Perhaps to speed things up a little, maybe just one or two items to find?

Last edited by jheu02; 10-13-2010 at 07:08 PM.
11-12-2009, 03:32 PM   #9
Forum Member

John,

You've got three of them right. Anyone else want to try for more?
11-16-2009, 01:31 PM   #10
Forum Member

John, You WIN!

Here's the answers. I guess no one else wanted to play