06-02-2012, 04:47 AM - 2 Likes   #1472
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Round Bales.

06-02-2012, 09:54 AM   #1473
Veteran Member

Here is one of Downtown Los Angeles.... I shot this from Dodger Stadium... I used my DA40 and shot handheld. Converted into B&W w/ Snapseed

06-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #1474
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mt. Crested Butte under a storm

06-02-2012, 05:14 PM - 2 Likes   #1475
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Back in my film days, I shot Black and White exclusively. I loved working in the darkroom. Controlling the image brought closure to the creative process. I strayed away from photography for a long time, mistakenly believing that digital images were made for color, that the days of quality Black and White were dwindling with the evaporation of film and toxic chemicals. Thank goodness my curiousity finally prevailed, and a new journey has begun. Some of these were taken with a Canon or Nikon P&S. It wasn't until January 2012 that I purchased a used K20D, which brought me to this forum, and opened yet another door of discovery.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon PowerShot SD1400 IS  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
COOLPIX L120  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
DMC-ZS9  Photo 
06-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #1476
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ganb Quote
Back in my film days, I shot Black and White exclusively. I loved working in the darkroom. Controlling the image brought closure to the creative process. I strayed away from photography for a long time, mistakenly believing that digital images were made for color, that the days of quality Black and White were dwindling with the evaporation of film and toxic chemicals. Thank goodness my curiousity finally prevailed, and a new journey has begun. Some of these were taken with a Canon or Nikon P&S. It wasn't until January 2012 that I purchased a used K20D, which brought me to this forum, and opened yet another door of discovery.
Excellent use of the K-20! Glad that you are back.
06-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #1477
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice work and welcome aboard!

06-02-2012, 06:19 PM   #1478
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Jim and Kevin. Its good to be here. lots to do, lots to learn, so little time.....
06-02-2012, 06:30 PM   #1479
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
Here's one from a ride tonight
Real nice, Matt! Funny I was just out and about today in Rocky Mountain NP scoping out some spots with a bend in the river and mountains in the background. too dreary for pics though.

Thank goodness my curiousity finally prevailed,
I'm glad it did...looking forward to more!
06-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #1480
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WWIFA Quote
Real nice, Matt! Funny I was just out and about today in Rocky Mountain NP scoping out some spots with a bend in the river and mountains in the background. too dreary for pics though.
Thanks! I was a little late and had to rush this one. The sun was just about to disappear. I would have liked to not blow out the left side of the sky but now that I know this spot I'll try to get back for another try when the light isn't slipping away with every second!
06-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #1481
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A few more works in progress.....

Some late winter wanderings. No snow in New England this year.......
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
06-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #1482
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some late winter wanderings. No snow in New England this year.......
Nice work! The lighthouse shot is a killer.
06-06-2012, 04:04 PM - 1 Like   #1483
Veteran Member

Such stunning shots in this thread. Rondec, I have a weakness for hay bales and adore your photo!

Here's a conversion I did of a photo of Mabry Mill, a restored grist mill located on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia. This is supposedly the most photographed spot along the parkway, so apologies in advance to those who have seen 100s of pictures of it!

06-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #1484
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I was after an "antique plate" look with this one. I don't know if i achieved it, but I like the look of it anyway.

06-06-2012, 04:23 PM   #1485
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Paul. Unusual warm February day at Ned's Point in Mattapoisett, MA. Great afternoon light to work with.