Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2009, 08:50 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
**Winners ** PP Challenge #10 - Child playing

mithrandir - I actually like the pp work you did in color a little more than the b&w. The b&w seems to loose a lot of the background and looks blown out. Maybe if you added some grain I'd like the b&w more.

ozlizard - I like this very much. You've done a good job of changing the background and having the lighting and shadows looking quite realistic. It's a little too dark, I would have liked it more if it was brighter.

Damn Brit - Very good b&w conversion. I like the close crop and the retention of deatail in the background. I just wish you had a little more of the child's face in the picture.

Ash #1 - I like what you have done with the cropping and highlighting. The glow around the child in quite good, as it the vignetting. Nicely done.

SWEngineer - Very good b&w conversion, keeping the pic a low key shot. You gave the shot an old b&w film look.

atupdate - I really like how you cropped the pic to focus solely on the child. This is something I need to work on, focusing on the subject and not the background. The pic is still a little dark, but I like your work.

K McCall - Very nice pp work. I like how you have highlighted the child and darkened the background. I also like the colors you developed.

Ash # 2 - I like this very much. I like what the filter has done to the background. The colors are bright and draws your attention to the child.

Winner First place - Ash entry #1

Second place - ozlizard

11-13-2009, 09:03 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for the blue ribbon Frank, and the individual critiques.
Well done to all participants.

Next PP challenge will be up soon.
11-13-2009, 09:29 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Congratulations, Ash!

And thanks for all the individualized feedback, Frank. I know how difficult that part can be!
11-13-2009, 09:32 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice work Ash and Ozlizard. Thanks for taking the time to critique all the submissions, Frank.

11-14-2009, 02:15 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Yes thanks for the comments Frank, another great challenge and congrats to Ash, well done!