QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
From the hot new car to .. well this cold car
Is that an old Continental?

02-21-2019, 04:59 PM - 1 Like   #2672
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
So you can get on PEI for free, but once there you have to pay a ransom to escape?

What a racket.

Sounds like they are hurting for island residents.
Better they charge the users rather than tax the whole population...
02-21-2019, 05:01 PM - 4 Likes   #2673
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

So this happened today. we really needed it, the road was not wide enough for two vehicles to pass without one pulling into a driveway.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
02-21-2019, 07:01 PM   #2674
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
Is that an old Continental?
I think it is

02-21-2019, 07:29 PM - 2 Likes   #2675
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So this happened today.
A few boats in False Creek. Vancouver today? Sort of like in the picture, but it's supposed to snow again tomorrow.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
02-22-2019, 04:48 AM - 3 Likes   #2676

Empty and clean subway car? Well it's in a museum
Attached Images

02-22-2019, 05:58 AM   #2677
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Smoking area.

02-22-2019, 06:37 AM   #2678
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Tarpon Springs Inlet

"The Sponge Capital of the World"
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
02-22-2019, 07:52 PM - 1 Like   #2679
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NS_Sailor Quote
Over here on the East Coast to take the short cut across the Bay of Fundy from Digby to Saint John the rates are about the same

I don't know what the rates are to PEI. I know there is no charge to get on the Island and you pay the same fare to get off the Island regardless if you use the ferry or the bridge

Going to Newfoundland the rate for anything over 60 ft is $975 and that doesn't include a cabin which is another $200 and meals. Plus the decks aren't as clean & smooth either with chains and tie downs everywhere
My favorite ferry is the Brussells Free Ferry which crosses the Illinois River, not a long way above it's mouth on the Mississippi. It doesn't travel a long way, and it doesn't carry a lot of vehicles. But you don't have to wait for it a long time, it's fun, and it's free.

Brussels Ferry - Bussels and Grafton, Illinois - Ferries and Ferry Landings on Waymarking.com
02-22-2019, 08:04 PM - 2 Likes   #2680
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Another foggy ship pic, but here the fog seems to be gobbling up the light.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
02-22-2019, 08:35 PM   #2681
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by goatsNdonkey Quote
My favorite ferry is the Brussells Free Ferry which crosses the Illinois River, not a long way above it's mouth on the Mississippi. It doesn't travel a long way, and it doesn't carry a lot of vehicles. But you don't have to wait for it a long time, it's fun, and it's free.

Brussels Ferry - Bussels and Grafton, Illinois - Ferries and Ferry Landings on Waymarking.com
The Wahkiakum County ferry crosses the Mighty Columbia River from Puget Island in Washington state to Westport, Oregon. It has been operating at least since 1962, and is the last ferry operating between Washington and Oregon. Holds 9 cars I think.

But it costs.
02-22-2019, 09:50 PM - 1 Like   #2682
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by goatsNdonkey Quote

Every few years we’ll arrange a day trip via Alton to Pere Marquette State Park, lunch at the Lodge, take the Brussels Ferry to Brussels and back and return by the Grafton Ferry through St. Charles County. The ferries are the highlights of the outing.
02-22-2019, 10:15 PM - 1 Like   #2683
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

So this happened today. we really needed it, the road was not wide enough for two vehicles to pass without one pulling into a driveway.
The big snow blower machines fascinate me. When I worked at MoDOT we had one self contained snow blower that was probably from the 1960's but still in service, some large tractor mounted machines and a dump truck mounted unit. On the upper end of the spectrum are these "rotaries" used in Donner Pass. The original units are very old and the diesel engines that run them are quite large, there is more info on the internet for those that want more details. I wish I had my own photos to post, but just haven't gotten out there at the right time to get them yet

02-23-2019, 06:53 AM   #2684
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by KC0PET Quote
The big snow blower machines fascinate me. When I worked at MoDOT we had one self contained snow blower that was probably from the 1960's but still in service, some large tractor mounted machines and a dump truck mounted unit. On the upper end of the spectrum are these "rotaries" used in Donner Pass. The original units are very old and the diesel engines that run them are quite large, there is more info on the internet for those that want more details. I wish I had my own photos to post, but just haven't gotten out there at the right time to get them yet

Rotary Snow Plow Returns to Donner Pass - YouTube
There are at least two free ferries on the lower end of the Illinois River, They are operated by the state Department of Transportation. I think they are free, because it is cheaper to operate them than to pay to build bridges in those areas. And were there bridges, they would be free, so those ferries are.
02-23-2019, 08:38 AM - 1 Like   #2685
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
"Luigi"
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 5c  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 5c  Photo 
Closed Thread