Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 8422 Likes Search this Thread
11-27-2019, 04:57 AM   #3436
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
A Morris 1000 ragtop, looking like maybe the chassis has flexed over time. Or did that door always fit that badly?

As an older Mustang Convertible owner also know for twisting and misaligned body parts maybe a bit of both
All in all still a nice looking vehicle

11-27-2019, 12:25 PM   #3437
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NS_Sailor Quote
As an older Mustang Convertible owner also know for twisting and misaligned body parts maybe a bit of both
All in all still a nice looking vehicle
Second the motion.
11-27-2019, 10:14 PM - 1 Like   #3438
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Well, that plane in the BG was not planned for... but it is there nonetheless!

Lentar Tele-Zoom 90-230mm 4.5
11-27-2019, 10:51 PM - 2 Likes   #3439
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Flames

11-29-2019, 01:23 PM - 6 Likes   #3440
Pentaxian

I went to Phoenix's big annual car car show downtown yesterday. I'm not in the market for a new car, but I still love the opportunity to see/touch/smell where the market's headed.

The show was dominated by boring/ugly SUV's and trucks, because that's where the money's made, but there were still a few cars left to see. Two versions of the new BMW Z4 Toyota Supra were on display.

Fiat-Chrysler had a huge presence at the show, with a whole section devoted to a roller-coaster style obstacle course to show off their Jeeps.

Although I prefer actually owning and driving the smallest cars possible, I've always admired huge luxury cars. Hyundai's Genesis brand did not disappoint, with this 420hp, 5,000-pound monster.

I was impressed by some of the changes Lincoln (of all brands!) is attempting. After decades of the whole industry naming luxury cars a jumble of letters and numbers in an attempt to look German, Lincoln has decided to go back to giving their cars actual names: "Aviator," "Nautilus," "Continental," etc. It's a breath of fresh air, I think. And this Navigator... I haven't seen such dedication to the color blue since the early '90's:

The interior of their Aviator looked like an honest-to-goodness cigar lounge. Really, I'm happy to see anything besides the suffocating black-on-black-on-black interiors of the past decade or so.

Also, Alfa Romeo is back in the U.S.! Again, not something I would buy myself, but I still love seeing more beautiful Italian cars on the road.

11-29-2019, 02:46 PM - 3 Likes   #3441
Pentaxian

sears mc 50/f1.7....k-50

11-29-2019, 02:59 PM - 1 Like   #3442
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
A Morris 1000 ragtop, looking like maybe the chassis has flexed over time. Or did that door always fit that badly?

Could be the door hinge is worn out, causing sagging of the door and misalignment.

11-29-2019, 03:27 PM - 1 Like   #3443
Pentaxian

does this qualify since it sorta flies?? yashicaflex tlr from my first roll of 120 film ever for me

11-29-2019, 04:33 PM - 1 Like   #3444
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some car show shots from October with the SMC-A35/2.8 on *ist D. Here's a question for you optics gurus. Check out the strange blue flares on the 2nd shot of the '56 Chevy bumper. It appears in a few other shots from that outing. I've never seen this type of flare from this lens, although I don't think I've used it in this situation involving bright highlights before. Shot in RAW and processed in RawTherapee - and at iso800 (inadvertently). Ideas?

11-29-2019, 04:46 PM   #3445
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Flames
That is artistry, Dave.
I don't remember seeing flames as good as that on any car before.

(Not that I would drive around in a car with any sort of flames streaming from it)
11-29-2019, 05:46 PM   #3446
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
That is artistry, Dave.
I don't remember seeing flames as good as that on any car before.

(Not that I would drive around in a car with any sort of flames streaming from it)
Of course you would Rod
The 'man' for doing airbrush flame work I think came from your neck of the woods in the 70 s/ 80s
He featured on a few Street Machine magazine cars and articles
Who ever did that one also does a fine job.

Dave
11-29-2019, 08:42 PM   #3447
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
This one has the radiator in the regular location, but the engine behind the cab.

Beautiful work. Like how the headers are integrated into the lower part of the exhaust stacks.

---------- Post added 11-29-19 at 09:47 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
With the new movie Ford Vs Ferrari, also known as Le Mans 66, coming out, I was going through my slides from the 1960s. I took these at the Nurburgring in June of 1966 just before the race at Le Mans. There were Ford GT40s and Ferraris but this race was won by Jim Hall's Chaparral. Pentax SV, Super Takumar 55mm f/1.8.

Ford GT40 driven by Peter Revson.

Ferrari 330P driven by John Surtees.

Jim Hall's Chaparral driven by Phil Hill and Jokim Bonnier. The first American car to win a major European race.
Nice pix of race cars at speed. Too bad I can't time travel, would love to have been at that race at the Nurburgring.
11-29-2019, 09:19 PM - 2 Likes   #3448
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Could be the door hinge is worn out, causing sagging of the door and misalignment.
It's British. My money is it rusted out like the one on my midget did. I replaced the whole pillar and all is well.
11-30-2019, 02:30 AM   #3449
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MossyRocks Quote
It's British. My money is it rusted out like the one on my midget did. I replaced the whole pillar and all is well.

Yep, in those days our cars here in Britain usually started rusting on the back of the transporter on the way to the showroom. By the time you'd driven your new car home, it already needed welding.
11-30-2019, 07:09 AM - 1 Like   #3450
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by edom31 Quote
Well, that plane in the BG was not planned for... but it is there nonetheless!
Lentar Tele-Zoom 90-230mm 4.5
Serendipity rules!

---------- Post added 2019-11-30 at 07:11 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Some car show shots from October with the SMC-A35/2.8 on *ist D. Here's a question for you optics gurus. Check out the strange blue flares on the 2nd shot of the '56 Chevy bumper. It appears in a few other shots from that outing. I've never seen this type of flare from this lens, although I don't think I've used it in this situation involving bright highlights before. Shot in RAW and processed in RawTherapee - and at iso800 (inadvertently). Ideas?
It's the sky.
Closed Thread