Photos: Gallery
Yup, Piazza San Marco, Venezia

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
03-10-2020, 09:16 PM - 1 Like   #827

QuoteOriginally posted by Geodude Quote
Yup, Piazza San Marco, Venezia
A great shot of an amazing place. Sadly, the last time I was there we had to walk on platforms as there was about 9” of water in the square.
04-04-2020, 07:40 PM   #828
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Altar of the overwhelming church of the Knights of Malta
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
04-05-2020, 04:14 AM - 2 Likes   #829
Pentaxian

Composite

This Hertfordshire church wouldn't fit in the frame, as I had the 35 Limited on the KP, and couldn't move any further back due to trees and a wall. I have previously used Microsoft ICE for many 'simple composites' (several images in line), but this is the first time I have tried the 'structured composite' feature of the software - in this case 4 images in a 2x2 arrangement. It seems to me to have worked quite well. All the images were camera JPEGs, captured hand-held at ISO 640, f/8, 1/1000s and +1EV. In addition to a 3:4 crop, some adjustments have been made to the composite image in PaintShop Pro.

Philip

Attached Images

04-05-2020, 04:38 AM   #830
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MrB1 Quote
This Hertfordshire church wouldn't fit in the frame, as I had the 35 Limited on the KP, and couldn't move any further back due to trees and a wall. I have previously used Microsoft ICE for many 'simple composites' (several images in line), but this is the first time I have tried the 'structured composite' feature of the software - in this case 4 images in a 2x2 arrangement. It seems to me to have worked quite well. All the images were camera JPEGs, captured hand-held at ISO 640, f/8, 1/1000s and +1EV. In addition to a 3:4 crop, some adjustments have been made to the composite image in PaintShop Pro.

Philip
The alignment looks perfect. I cannot detect a mismatch line anywhere.
04-06-2020, 08:10 AM - 3 Likes   #831
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Church on the Frontier
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
04-10-2020, 07:27 PM - 1 Like   #832
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The Norwegian "Stave Church" at EPCOT. scan
FYI Stave churches have a distinctive construction and appearance. They are Medieval, the oldest still standing dating from the 12th century. None were construction after about 1600 and about 28 authentic buildings still stand. The one pictured below is a replica of one preserved in a Museum in Oslo.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
EZ Controller  Photo 

Last edited by WPRESTO; 04-10-2020 at 07:35 PM.
04-13-2020, 12:57 PM - 1 Like   #833
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
The Norwegian "Stave Church" at EPCOT. scan
FYI Stave churches have a distinctive construction and appearance. They are Medieval, the oldest still standing dating from the 12th century. None were construction after about 1600 and about 28 authentic buildings still stand. The one pictured below is a replica of one preserved in a Museum in Oslo.
Here's the original, in the Norwegian Museum of Cultural History in Oslo. It originally stood in Gol but was demolished in 1880, then rebuilt/reconstructed using the remnants at the museum in 1885.

04-13-2020, 01:59 PM   #834
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Here's the original, in the Norwegian Museum of Cultural History in Oslo. It originally stood in Gol but was demolished in 1880, then rebuilt/reconstructed using the remnants at the museum in 1885.

Super duper! Looks as though they were meticulous in making a reproduction at EPCOT. The first time I saw it, it was open so you could see the interior structure and there was a small museum inside. Last two times we were there the building seemed to be locked. Either it could not accommodate more recent crowds or they are refurbishing the museum. BTW: They also reproduced the carvings around the door frames. I've posted images of those earlier, but maybe I'll repost so you can judge if they did a good job with the reproduction.
04-13-2020, 05:26 PM   #835
Pentaxian

St. Olaf's, Tallinn, Estonia
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
04-14-2020, 08:20 AM   #836
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lukulele Quote
St. Olaf's, Tallinn, Estonia
The design of the spire is superb. The double set of openings really makes it stand out.
04-14-2020, 09:54 AM   #837
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
They also reproduced the carvings around the door frames. I've posted images of those earlier, but maybe I'll repost so you can judge if they did a good job with the reproduction.
I'd be surprised if they didn't do that properly as well. And I would have to go back to the museum to check - which won't happen too soon, I guess. It's just the other side of town, but I would think they are closed as most other things these days.
04-14-2020, 10:27 AM - 3 Likes   #838
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Mission San Xavier del Bac, Tucson, AZ
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
04-14-2020, 10:32 AM   #839
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Geodude Quote
Mission San Xavier del Bac, Tucson, AZ
Spanish influence on the architecture, I'm thinking.
04-14-2020, 06:51 PM   #840
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
The design of the spire is superb. The double set of openings really makes it stand out.
Especially during Christmas and Market time with the superb lighting throughout Tallinn.