Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2010, 10:19 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Winner PP Challenge # 14

There were many creative interpretations of this weeks image. I was especially impressed with the number of abstracts entered this week. I am always surprised by the creativity of the entries. Nice work everyone.

Honorable Mention
Ash - Very unique abstract PP. I like the color and how you added the leaf and texture to the image.

SWEngineer - I have no idea how you created the image you submitted, but yours has to be the most unusual. Very creative interpretation of the image.

Third place
ramseybuckeye - Of the abstracts submitted for this challenge, I thought this was very creative. The circular blur combined with the floating red flower is quite interesting and is a unique perspective on the shot.

Second place
pcarfan - Nicely cropped and framed to remove the distracting elements of the photo. Nice work adjusting the levels and color.

First place
Matiki - I especially like the wide framing and how you cloned out the white bokeh to the right of the flower. This is how I would have liked the flower to look when I took the picture. Well done.

Last edited by xs400; 01-13-2010 at 11:42 AM.
01-13-2010, 10:55 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Congrats to all of the winners.
01-13-2010, 11:55 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I messed around with this shot, but just couldn't get what I wanted, but I also admit I'm no expert in PP. I think the winners shot is what I was trying to do also, but I was totally unsuccessfully. It was a difficult subject, and I enjoyed seeing everyone's interpretation. Nice work everyone.
01-13-2010, 12:22 PM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well done all. And congrats to you matiki.
A nice variety of entries with lots of fine work put in.

01-13-2010, 03:36 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations to the winners -- well done. All well deserved. A difficult but fun project to work on.
01-13-2010, 05:49 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Congrats to the winners and all the entries, some great work on this one, I esp liked Ashe's entry but would have been another tough choice.
01-13-2010, 05:54 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Thanks everyone! That was a tough one, I am quite humbled to win - everyone else did such a great job!

01-13-2010, 07:20 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well done Matiki, it was a difficult subject to work with, but I really enjoyed it. Thanks Frank, for the compliment but mostly for putting this fun challenge together.
01-14-2010, 11:00 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Well done Matiki, it was a difficult subject to work with, but I really enjoyed it. Thanks Frank, for the compliment but mostly for putting this fun challenge together.
Thanks!

And thanks to Frank as well!

Anyone that's interested the new challenge is here:

PP Challenge #15 Blown Highlights & Glass Reflection
01-14-2010, 11:21 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Matiki, congratulations a very fine effort.

I also loved the other entries that were unusual as well, brilliant efforts all around........