Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-15-2018, 11:33 AM   #16576
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Riggomatic's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Auburn, Indiana
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,341
QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Thank you gentlemen!

More from the Daily Challenge
X-Posted


Not X-posted








A golden spiral grub. Well done!

11-15-2018, 12:31 PM   #16577
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Africa-Johannesburg
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 27,556
Thank you!
11-15-2018, 01:51 PM - 9 Likes   #16578
Insanely humble
Loyal Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 13,463
USS Iwo Jima.

Ricoh GR
11-16-2018, 07:37 AM - 4 Likes   #16579
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,521
Finally got out on a cloudy day to test a recent acquisition ... an ausJena Flektogon 35/2.8. Only had a moment at lunch time to shoot at the train station parking garage. Really like what I see and this one was well worth the 10 price from the rummage sale ... lucked out. All shot wide open just to see and definitely more later in better weather conditions.









11-16-2018, 07:41 AM - 4 Likes   #16580
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
jcdoss's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kansas City, MO or Jasper, AR
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,757


Sasquatch and Friend
K1000 SE, M28/3.5, Kentmere 400, Caffenol CL
11-16-2018, 09:03 AM - 1 Like   #16581
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
CharLac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Ottawa
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,415
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
USS Iwo Jima.

Ricoh GR
....big boat
11-16-2018, 12:35 PM - 11 Likes   #16582
Pentaxian
edom31's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: New York City
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,870
DAL 18-55/3.5-4.5 WR on K-50

11-16-2018, 01:50 PM - 2 Likes   #16583
Pentaxian
paulh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DFW Texas/Ventura County, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 19,191
great stuff on this page!

@edom31 : ugh...but nicely done

11-16-2018, 03:19 PM - 5 Likes   #16584
Insanely humble
Loyal Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 13,463
Ricoh GR - again!

11-16-2018, 03:25 PM   #16585
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
CharLac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Ottawa
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,415
QuoteOriginally posted by edom31 Quote
DAL 18-55/3.5-4.5 WR on K-50
Is that today? We are getting that kind of weather today in Ottawa
11-16-2018, 03:26 PM   #16586
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
CharLac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Ottawa
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,415
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Ricoh GR - again!

Wow...nice, so crisp! Curious, is that handheld or on a tripod?
11-16-2018, 03:33 PM   #16587
Insanely humble
Loyal Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 13,463
QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
Wow...nice, so crisp! Curious, is that handheld or on a tripod?
Handheld. If I bring a tripod I'll also bring the K-1. But yeah, I don't really see the point of SR on the new GR. 1/6th is not a big problem, 1/4th quite doable. Half a sec i too slow for me, though.

I do have one of those micro-tripods with flexible legs, but most of the time I don't know where it is...
11-16-2018, 04:20 PM - 7 Likes   #16588
Pentaxian
Dartmoor Dave's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dartmoor, UK
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,941
So I was driving across the moor in the fog yesterday and decided to make a quick stop at Merrivale Stone Row, which is just a five minute walk from the road. The fog was thick and the light was bad, and all I had with me was the little K-S1 with Takumar 24mm, so I took this snap of a walker coming out of the fog but it didn't come out that well:



Then today it was foggy again and I knew I'd be driving past the same spot, so I took my preferred gear (Samsung GX-10 and Super Takumar 20mm) and decided to have another go at a similar photo. And would you believe it, at exactly the moment I got to the end of the stone row the same guy walked out of the fog as yesterday. What are the odds of meeting the same complete stranger in exactly the same spot at different times of the day on two consecutive days? We had a good laugh about it and made all the obvious "Why are you stalking me?" jokes. Then we agreed that actually it's the sort of strange thing that does seem to happen on the moor. Here's the photo from today:

11-16-2018, 05:45 PM - 2 Likes   #16589
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Riggomatic's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Auburn, Indiana
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,341
QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
So I was driving across the moor in the fog yesterday and decided to make a quick stop at Merrivale Stone Row, which is just a five minute walk from the road. The fog was thick and the light was bad, and all I had with me was the little K-S1 with Takumar 24mm, so I took this snap of a walker coming out of the fog but it didn't come out that well:



Then today it was foggy again and I knew I'd be driving past the same spot, so I took my preferred gear (Samsung GX-10 and Super Takumar 20mm) and decided to have another go at a similar photo. And would you believe it, at exactly the moment I got to the end of the stone row the same guy walked out of the fog as yesterday. What are the odds of meeting the same complete stranger in exactly the same spot at different times of the day on two consecutive days? We had a good laugh about it and made all the obvious "Why are you stalking me?" jokes. Then we agreed that actually it's the sort of strange thing that does seem to happen on the moor. Here's the photo from today:

That is funny. When you go back for a 3rd shot, and he walks out again...that's when you should worry.
11-16-2018, 06:36 PM - 1 Like   #16590
Pentaxian
edom31's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: New York City
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,870
QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
Is that today? We are getting that kind of weather today in Ottawa
This was yesterday evening... 5 inches average in NYC - in my neck of the woods it already melted. It came down quick and thick, very fluffy. Never really thought I'd use or need a WR body/lens... waddayaknow!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
b/w monochrome photos, camera, colorado, computer game, couple, dude, fa43, fellow, film, flare, flickr, kid, kids, lake, montreal, pablo, patoka, pentax, pm, post, rocks, scanner, shot, shots, tak, thread, valentines day, variation, white-ur b/w, woods
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Machinery B-25 Black and White jswillems Photo Critique 15 04-30-2011 05:46 AM
Nature black and white tigershiok Post Your Photos! 1 09-22-2010 09:14 AM
black and white photos rjburgos Post Your Photos! 0 09-18-2008 08:09 PM
some black and white Tyler Post Your Photos! 2 06-15-2007 02:42 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:41 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top