Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2436 Likes Search this Thread
07-21-2021, 07:51 PM - 1 Like   #1471
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tokyoscape Quote
Urban night
Shinkjuku? It reminds me of an area near Shinjuku Gyouen. I miss Japan!

07-22-2021, 02:09 PM - 1 Like   #1472
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
Shinkjuku? It reminds me of an area near Shinjuku Gyouen. I miss Japan!
It could be I in fact don't really remember where is it. It has been sometime since taking that photo.
Talk about Shinjuku Gyouen, Spring and Autumn are awesome in there. and Today is the opening day for the troublesome Olympic 2020. The Olympic stadium where the main opening ceremony taking place is right next to the Shinjuku Gyouen. It's less than 10 minutes walk from one another.
07-22-2021, 04:16 PM - 1 Like   #1473
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

It could be I in fact don't really remember where is it. It has been sometime since taking that photo.
Talk about Shinjuku Gyouen, Spring and Autumn are awesome in there. and Today is the opening day for the troublesome Olympic 2020. The Olympic stadium where the main opening ceremony taking place is right next to the Shinjuku Gyouen. It's less than 10 minutes walk from one another.
I'd like to see some of the gardens in Spring. The only Japanese gardens I've seen in Spring were in and near Kashima in Ibaraki where I was living at the time. Mainly Shiroyama, the hill where the castle once stood which now has a cherry grove and is popular for hanami.
07-29-2021, 05:15 PM - 3 Likes   #1474
Inactive Account

I'd like to see some of the gardens in Spring. The only Japanese gardens I've seen in Spring were in and near Kashima in Ibaraki where I was living at the time. Mainly Shiroyama, the hill where the castle once stood which now has a cherry grove and is popular for hanami.
Check out Yasukuni shrine and the Imperial garden across the street during spring too if you come back during Hanami season.
This photo came from a festival in the shrine during summer.

07-29-2021, 06:47 PM   #1475
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Check out Yasukuni shrine and the Imperial garden across the street during spring too if you come back during Hanami season. This photo came from a festival in the shrine during summer.
I'd certainly like to! The lanterns remind me of a similar arrangement I saw at a shrine in Shinjuku.
07-29-2021, 08:24 PM - 2 Likes   #1476
Inactive Account

I'd certainly like to! The lanterns remind me of a similar arrangement I saw at a shrine in Shinjuku.
The one in Shinjuku is good too. I think Shinjuku is doing it during winter months. It for new year cerebration.
The one in Yasukuni is for Obon cerebration. Below image might give a better idea.
First photo is about 1/3 of the lantern displayed. it is half way to the shrine.
Another 1/3 is in the last image which I took just before enter the shrine.
And the last 1/3 is inside the shrine.
It is about 30,000 lanterns in total. The festival will be on July 13 - 16 every year. Highly recement to go if you can ignore the infamous part of the shrine.
07-31-2021, 05:54 AM - 1 Like   #1477
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

The one in Shinjuku is good too. I think Shinjuku is doing it during winter months. It for new year cerebration. The one in Yasukuni is for Obon cerebration. Below image might give a better idea.
It is about 30,000 lanterns in total. The festival will be on July 13 - 16 every year. Highly recement to go if you can ignore the infamous part of the shrine.
Wow! The 30,000 lanterns are amazing! Yes, the connections of the shrine are uncomfortable, but personally I think it should be OK for Japanese people to pay respect to their war dead - as long as it doesn't extend to worshiping their exploits in the mid-20th century.

07-31-2021, 10:45 AM - 1 Like   #1478
Pentaxian

The one in Shinjuku is good too. I think Shinjuku is doing it during winter months. It for new year cerebration.
The one in Yasukuni is for Obon cerebration. Below image might give a better idea.
First photo is about 1/3 of the lantern displayed. it is half way to the shrine.
Another 1/3 is in the last image which I took just before enter the shrine.
And the last 1/3 is inside the shrine.
Fantastic! I love hte last image.

---------- Post added 07-31-21 at 10:46 AM ----------

K3 + DA21
Love it! This inspires me to get the 21 for myself.
08-01-2021, 11:51 AM   #1479
Pentaxian

this evening's sky! Waterloo, Alabama.....rather surprised to get anything as the skies here lately have been quite cloudy and very, very hazy! ....Pentax K-3ii (astrotracer).....Bower 14/2.8

08-01-2021, 06:58 PM   #1480
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Aaron28 Quote
this evening's sky! Waterloo, Alabama.....rather surprised to get anything as the skies here lately have been quite cloudy and very, very hazy! ....Pentax K-3ii (astrotracer).....Bower 14/2.8
Nice shot! You got an impressive amount of stars for the northern hemisphere and the USA.
08-14-2021, 09:29 PM - 4 Likes   #1481
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Back in January I was playing around with taking pictures of the stars and stacking images, just to see what it was all about. I got this picture of the milky way from my yard, without even realizing what I was taking pictures of at first, and decided that my main photography goal for the year was going to be a photo of the milky way that is worthy of hanging on a wall.

This past Wednesday I got this one from the top of a nearby mountain that has an old forest fire lookout that we were fixing up a bit and spent the night at. During the day we could see the smoke plumes from at least 6 forest fires all around the area, and the orange glow on either side of this shot of the milky way is from a couple of them. The yellow glow in the center is Kamloops, BC.

Kristian
08-15-2021, 01:50 PM - 2 Likes   #1482
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Experimenting with the crystal ball I got recently

08-15-2021, 06:45 PM - 1 Like   #1483
Veteran Member

Went Perseid hunting, only really caught half of a really decent one, and of course, I bumped the tripod mid-shot so had to go in and edit the streaks from the brighter lights along the pond out.

08-16-2021, 03:17 AM - 1 Like   #1484

Photos: Albums
Outskirts of Berlin at 2am

Ks2 f2.8 4sek Iso100 Sigma17-50/2.8

Login ? Instagram
08-31-2021, 07:04 PM   #1485
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Playing with Light
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF