Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 391 Likes Search this Thread
04-18-2010, 06:43 AM   #76
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I've been posting photos but not giving props to the others who make this thread enjoyable. So here are a few from the last couple of days.

casil403: Where have you been hanging out lately? Really makes me want to open the door and see what is behind.

wllm: That first door has so much character, and the wall textures... I love this kind of place!

And the last shot is like something I would see here in an abandoned house in the country. Well found.

(Are these shots in Italy?)

ricstew: That interior is well done! Really benefits from the HDR. I am seeing barrel distortion which might otherwise be unnoticeable. But in an architectural shot it really becomes visible.

P.S. You need to help your friend with their taste in furniture.

Blue: I'm really liking "Basement door to the church". Something about it is so strong. May be even better with the window cropped out.

04-18-2010, 06:51 AM   #77
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here are three that really need to be here even though they have mostly been posted in other threads.

The first door is in Cordoba where there are so many interesting doors, alley, arches... I could have shot nothing but!

door to the past

(Shot with the FA 77mm Limited.)

This has become one of my favourite shots from our Spain trip. Malaga gets short shrift compared with other cities in Andalusia, but if you ignore the beach there are some nice places in town. Not to forget the Picasso Museum. We very much enjoyed our stay.

the walls of Malaga

This is from a 12th century Dominican Abbey out in Limerick County. I posted different shots in another thread.

arched door

04-18-2010, 07:55 AM   #78
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great work, people.
Since this is one of my favorite subjects, I have 'some'

Fragments from France, Corrèze.

04-18-2010, 08:08 AM   #79
Pentaxian

Still in France...

And to close off:

04-18-2010, 09:52 AM   #80
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
. . .

Blue: I'm really liking "Basement door to the church". Something about it is so strong. May be even better with the window cropped out.
Robin, I plan to work on that image later when I have more time. I will probably go take a better image. I found that basement door profound. In addition to that, that town has a reputation of being one of the most haunted in the southern U.S.
There are some excellent contributions in this thread.
04-18-2010, 09:57 AM   #81
Site Supporter

Industrial Doors . . .

I thought this extremely tall door was striking and impressive . . .

This guys had the door open earlier when I took a pic of their sign and were laughing about it . . .

Then there is the plain nondescript . . .

04-18-2010, 10:01 AM   #82
Site Supporter

How about this entry way for an antebellum southern boarding house . . . two perspectives . . .

Last edited by Blue; 04-18-2010 at 10:28 PM.
04-18-2010, 12:04 PM   #83
Site Supporter

More industrial doors . . . This is to the maintenance building for the telephone company. It has had 3 names in 5 years . . . 1st Sprint . . . then Embarq . . . and now Century Link . . .

Tire shop door . . .

The doors to the Lloyd, Florida Volunteer Fire Department . . .

Last edited by Blue; 04-18-2010 at 10:31 PM.
04-18-2010, 12:41 PM   #84
Site Supporter

. . .
This is actually from a different image, but I took your advise on the basement door.

04-18-2010, 01:23 PM   #85
Veteran Member

wllm: That first door has so much character, and the wall textures... I love this kind of place!

And the last shot is like something I would see here in an abandoned house in the country. Well found.

(Are these shots in Italy?)
Thanks Robin, yes all taken in our neighborhood, lots of old/abandoned stuff over here.
This tread is going really fast.

04-18-2010, 01:43 PM   #86
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bart: Corrèze looks like my kind of place. I love all those shots in the first lot. Is that a little pig face in the corner of the third photo? Bizarre! And the spider web really makes that last shot. In the second set I love the door and steps (second to last). Now that stairway has seen some use!

Blue: "I thought this extremely tall door was striking and impressive" -- I agree!

Blue: "This is actually from a different image, but I took your advise on the basement door." Loving it. Now I'd go all crazy with mono toning and higher contrast. Or something. But then it would be my shot and it isn't.

Wllm: That last shot might be the best door ever. Lovely tones and textures. And that shape!
04-18-2010, 03:03 PM   #87
Pentaxian

Original Poster
This thread is doing great. Glad I started it. Will even add to it soon. Robin good little elf...good luck on a prize! Nice work by all.
04-18-2010, 04:35 PM   #88
Site Supporter

A pair of classic wooden doors . . .

04-18-2010, 08:27 PM   #89
Site Supporter

People have posted some very interesting doors in this thread. This may be the funkiest metal door I've ever seen in person . . .

04-18-2010, 08:39 PM   #90
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bbluesman Quote
This thread is doing great. Glad I started it. Will even add to it soon. Robin good little elf...good luck on a prize!
"Good little elf? Does that mean I have to wear the pointy shoes?

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
People have posted some very interesting doors in this thread. This may be the funkiest metal door I've ever seen in person
Yeah, that is fantastic.

Blue: I wrote "Now I'd go all crazy with mono toning and higher contrast" and then I see in a different thread (lost which one) you have a mono version! great minds and all that.

So, more from me then. This is in The Garden of Heavenly Peace, Bethmann Park, Frankfurt, Germany. I love Japanese gardens!

Many Doors

This one is in a back alley in London, Ontario, Canada. Nothing very Zen about it!

drippy door

(Shot with the DA 12-24mm.)

Completing our travelogue for now, this one is in malaga, Spain. Though actually we did not stop here... so many bars, so little time. But the two cats are just like ours -- one white, one black -- so a photo had to happen. (Even a simple snapshot.)

Taberna Dos Gatos

(Shot with the DA 12-24mm.)