Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2010, 03:26 PM   #1

Hello from Minnesota

All,

I am just getting used to the idea of giving up my old Pentax gear for a new K7. All those filters I had a looking a lot like miniature frizbees.

I have a lot to learn before I shoot a wedding for the daughter of a friend who is out of money. I used to do that when I was a broke college student for other broke college student couples. I am busy reading the forum for ideas on how to do a good job with the new flashes. They can be so automatic. Things have changed in the last 35 years.

Thanks in advance to all of the contributors. It is great being a student again.

JDM

05-02-2010, 03:31 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome! You'll find that there is a good size Minnesotan contingent here as well. I hope you enjoy learning and using your new gear! Enjoy you time here on the forums!
05-02-2010, 03:36 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll get all the help you need here. Good luck with the Wedding shoot.
05-03-2010, 08:18 AM   #4
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome. J.

Doing a wedding would scare the heck out of me.

05-03-2010, 07:28 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Greetings & welcome in JDM.
05-03-2010, 08:18 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome. Be sure to post some pics of your beautiful part of the world!
05-03-2010, 08:22 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JDM Quote
All,

I am just getting used to the idea of giving up my old Pentax gear for a new K7. All those filters I had a looking a lot like miniature frizbees.

I have a lot to learn before I shoot a wedding for the daughter of a friend who is out of money. I used to do that when I was a broke college student for other broke college student couples. I am busy reading the forum for ideas on how to do a good job with the new flashes. They can be so automatic. Things have changed in the last 35 years.

Thanks in advance to all of the contributors. It is great being a student again.

JDM
Howdy. You may be able to unload those filters. Some people use them. But what are you giving up?